ABF | Why are abf drivers/ and management dogging another union company???

wendyfacecloth

TB Lurker
Credits
Why are you drivers at ABF and management dogging YRC and starting rumors again? Isnt it your president that want you to take concessions also.

And if you open up your union handbook you shouldnt dog a fellow teamster or their company

Is ABF lacking so much business they have to start lies?

And for you drivers that were just hired dont expect to work in the winter, and if you do, it will be on Monday, and Friday, and you get to wait next to your phone on Tues, WEds, and Thursday

Stop dogging another union company!! No matter who it is

I dont know where you are from, but out here in Vegas, we are all hoping that YRC pulls through this hard time, I have never heard 1 driver say anything bad about YRC, they are our Brothers. Management is gearing up just incase YRC does go out. Where are you getting this info??

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt you gear up last year? Its here in the North, Drivers going around talking crap from ABF. I wouldnt wish that on anyone, seems to me something big is going to happen with YRC and its not B.K.

If something big does happen Im sorry to say ABF might be in trouble, arent you the highest paid LTL drivers in the industry??? and why does ABF want you guys to take concessions, I dont think business is good at ABF, just my personal view as I dont dog a fellow teamster, not my style, been with yrc for over 18 years, and believe me something is going to be pulled out of their hat, and its not closing the doors.

The Big Yellow Dog will never go down, and you as our brother teamsters, should support us, and not be starting the crap talk that was started last year, ABF drivers are going right along with all the non union carriers talking B.S. how pathetic

And by the way? I dont understand why your president wants you to take concessions if ABF is in such great shape? Can you please answer that

you seem vary angry, maybee you should count to 10! I hope you are right, i hope something big happens for yrc, but now you are attacking ABF saying we will be in trouble, that is the vary reason you are mad. and yes we are well paid but we stood up to the company and said NO! ABF said because YRC has concessions it was an unfair playing field, thats why, and we didnt believe them. Wendy if you have been a Teamster for 18 yrs you should know to contact your B.A. and have him talk to the guys that you think are "dogging" you. Like i said earlier i havent heard anything bad from anyone here, Good luck to you and YRC.

Not angry pissed, that ABF drivers around here sound just like all the non union carriers, talk is Fed Ex National will be no more, they are merging with Fed Ex Freight

And I did ask the question was is ABF asking for concessions again???

I think all of you are making a mistake, your president sees the cash flow and the numbers, they wouldnt ask just to ask, sorry, have a good day, and who knows rumor around here is Ups wants to buy us, then they will have the biggest shipping empire in the world, again I said rumor

this is halarias 2 people fighting on the internet!:chairshot: Wendy dont stop you have no clue. 18 yrs and you still believe rumors that UPS wants YRC and 1.4 billion in dept hahaha WENDY 0 ABF 1 dont stop Girl:stirthepot:

Wendy, Take a deep breath and step back from the coffee.

First off, the opinion of any one or two ABF drivers near you MAY have voiced, does not reflect the Brotherhood that has been shown by ABF'rs on TB.

Second, To come into the ABF forum in attack mode is totally unwarranted and is not permitted by TB rules. If you would like to start a polite discussion with ABF members that is fine, however please remember your place as a visitor in their forum.

Please take time to review TB rules by clicking the Rules icon. Welcome to TB.

Wendy, Take a deep breath and step back from the coffee.

First off, the opinion of any one or two ABF drivers near you MAY have voiced, does not reflect the Brotherhood that has been shown by ABF'rs on TB.

Second, To come into the ABF forum in attack mode is totally unwarranted and is not permitted by TB rules. If you would like to start a polite discussion with ABF members that is fine, however please remember your place as a visitor in their forum.

Please take time to review TB rules by clicking the Rules icon. Welcome to TB.
You said it much nicer then i wanted to....

Not angry pissed, that ABF drivers around here sound just like all the non union carriers, talk is Fed Ex National will be no more, they are merging with Fed Ex Freight

And I did ask the question was is ABF asking for concessions again???

I think all of you are making a mistake, your president sees the cash flow and the numbers, they wouldnt ask just to ask, sorry, have a good day, and who knows rumor around here is Ups wants to buy us, then they will have the biggest shipping empire in the world, again I said rumor

Well I am a non and all of us at our terminal understand that the high wages we enjoy are the direct result of the Teamsters. We supported Yrc last year and are supporting them this year. We have great working relationships with ABF and YRC drivers, we respect the fact that we are all drivers that are supporting our families. Not all non union drivers feel the way that you think we do. Good Luck.

This is a prime example of:

<Misery loves company>

Wendy wants us to be in some kind of ::shit:: too.

Maybe the question should be "why would I care what Wendy thinks?"

Our region operated in the low 90's..I don't think I'm too worried.

(I do feel bad for the Holland motor guys)...they were ALWAYS profitable before Yellow took them over) Infact make that roadway too.

REMEMBER:
Yellow's intent was to put ABF out of business..until the economy took a tank..they might have succeeded..
And you talk about drivers who thought they were on top of the heap with BIG attitudes....they as a group thought they were the UPS of the trucking industry at that time.
I saw drivers that I worked with for years...think they (the Yellow corp) was unstoppable...and we would be the little guy that would be eaten up.
Oh how fast things can change.
Wendy...I'll just bet you were one of those....

Good name...you sound like a little girl whining.

Never had I heard 1 ABF employee wish bad things to happen to YRC. Even after personally being laid off for 9 1/2 months with a few other guys at our barn in Vegas. A couple are still yet to be recalled and still don't wish ill will to YRC.

Never had I heard 1 ABF employee wish bad things to happen to YRC. Even after personally being laid off for 9 1/2 months with a few other guys at our barn in Vegas. A couple are still yet to be recalled and still don't wish ill will to YRC.

That is because most workers realize this is all a game being played by management and investors. Regardless of where we work, we are simply trying to survive the carnage intact.

I would like to know if the rumor that she is referring to? Is it a rumor or is it real? I checked with the hall yesterday and there seems to be some validity to the one that was asked of me by a YRC driver.

As a whole, we stand together with union brothers and sisters in the quest for longevity in their employment.

Why are you drivers at ABF and management dogging YRC and starting rumors again? Isnt it your president that want you to take concessions also.

And if you open up your union handbook you shouldnt dog a fellow teamster or their company

Is ABF lacking so much business they have to start lies?

And for you drivers that were just hired dont expect to work in the winter, and if you do, it will be on Monday, and Friday, and you get to wait next to your phone on Tues, WEds, and Thursday

Stop dogging another union company!! No matter who it is

Union Handbook? This post gives me the idea that you must be management. Before you open up your yap, you need to check your facts. We were asked for a concession and said no.

Besides there really isn't much to dog anymore is there?

Don't come here and rant at all of us because you heard some crap in a drivers room, and accuse generally the whole population of ABF people of misrepresenting the facts.

Grow up!

Wow...I work for YRC as a driver.I've never been offended by any ABF personell.we are all in this together.if you want to know my personal opinion.I do think the two corporate heads at ABF and YRC work together to dismantle our union.we both went through the same paycut vote
Labor is under attack in this country.how far down on our knees do we go for less pay.pay cuts hurt our economy and our recovery.

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

Wendy appears to be non-everything.

Until she establishes some credibility, I would not believe anything a Newbie says.