TForce | Why are people expecting more from UPS ?

big o brown

TB Lurker
Credits
I may be new here but I don't see why so many are expecting things to change such as better turn around pay , changes in sick day policy , improvements with bennies and so on .

We are still the same guys driving the same trucks out of the same terminals with the same bosses . The only thing different is the name . Will UPS decide to give us more without expecting more out of us ? I don't think so . I'm sure many might disagree but I am just fine leaving everything AS IS .

If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!

big o brown said:
I may be new here but I don't see why so many are expecting things to change such as better turn around pay , changes in sick day policy , improvements with bennies and so on .

We are still the same guys driving the same trucks out of the same terminals with the same bosses . The only thing different is the name . Will UPS decide to give us more without expecting more out of us ? I don't think so . I'm sure many might disagree but I am just fine leaving everything AS IS .

It mightbe the same for you but here in the west it isn't. I'm in a grey area of the pay scale along with others on the MC side and we are making less now since conversion. I also recently checked my pay stubs and we don't get our meal pay anymore, what a deal!big o brown, its hard to be objectave about the new company when all you see is a negitave (degeneration in pay) on your pay check. I'm staying because it will get better because I and my fellow employees will stick together and vote for a better future, don't wait on the company! I told myself not to rant about pay on the board anymore but I could not help myself, I lost my head when I found yet another cut.

big o brown said:

Give the company 15 to 20 hours per week with no extra pay week after week and see how you like it. There is nothing wrong with the pay scale. Delay pay,sick time,overtime,Seniority, These are all issues some of us has been fighting for, for over 20 years. Ups,ABF,Roadway,Yellow and alot of other companys get this, Why shouldnt we? Union or not we deserve this. And maybe if they were paying us delay they would take a little more concern as to how long we sit every night.

Ups bought Overnt. It will take years before all the changes that Ups want will happen. Look at FedEx freight It took 4 years for that company to change.

BusterNite said:
Give the company 15 to 20 hours per week with no extra pay week after week and see how you like it. There is nothing wrong with the pay scale. Delay pay,sick time,overtime,Seniority, These are all issues some of us has been fighting for, for over 20 years. Ups,ABF,Roadway,Yellow and alot of other companys get this, Why shouldnt we? Union or not we deserve this. And maybe if they were paying us delay they would take a little more concern as to how long we sit every night.

I have to agree...

big o brown said:

This all depends on your veiw! And I agree with all the others. The O system is way to much for the company and we are expendable comodities. Change has to happen, Mc guys are pissed and we do count and have the ability to vote. O guys I'll let them speak for themselves. But current mngment has already showed that the are willing to make big brother look stupid and I can't see that continuing for long.

misfit73 said:
Greezy trucker i don't think that you speak for all mc people
How do you know that he does not? What he says is pretty much the opinion out here. I just came from a decent company that was bought by a back east headquartered company and they are still taking from the employees, everybody is leaving. Here is pretty much the same case for us. Take,take,take. One has allready left and some are talking about it. GT does not speak for all MC employees, but the majority would agree.

if anyone thinks "it aint broke dont fix it" how about this... it is out-dated and worn out,replace it. i dont "expect" to much but look forward to improvements.

or how about "we dont have parts, cant fix it" The public isnt going to pay much attention to the grey paint or the word "freight" on the sides when a truck breaks down...all they will see is a dirty UPS truck on the side of the road which up till recently, was almost un-heard of.

We all knowthat change is coming and that the pace of those changes is going to accelerate like a snowball going off a ski slope.The paint jobs are starting, trailers are getting redonewhen they go for service.Best off all,the two people that have screwed up the northeasthave been put on 90 day notice that NBR gets straightened out or they get gone.In my opinion, the DVD deal wil give Atlanta the opportunity to show somebody the door without paying them off....Godon perhaps?

misfit73 said:
Greezy trucker i don't think that you speak for all mc people

You are correct. Don't know all of them. But I know quite afew, so I will just say the ones I talked to and know. But I am also not saying they are all wanting union, they just don't like the way things are being handled.

bad habit said:
We all knowthat change is coming and that the pace of those changes is going to accelerate like a snowball going off a ski slope.The paint jobs are starting, trailers are getting redonewhen they go for service.Best off all,the two people that have screwed up the northeasthave been put on 90 day notice that NBR gets straightened out or they get gone.In my opinion, the DVD deal wil give Atlanta the opportunity to show somebody the door without paying them off....Godon perhaps?
I have to agree with you bad habit. Changes are coming quickly. As far as NBR, that can't get straightened out fast enough. It's killing us. The gold shield will not be tarnished any more than it has too by the "O"/"MC" acquisition. UPS has an incredible amount of work to get this ship afloat and sailing in the right direction. If CEO Mike E. was honest when he said that he didn't know that Gordon M. and Leo S. had put the DVD together, this maybe indeed the door for them and a few others. I don't think UPS wants UPSF unraveling from both lack of leadership and division amoung the employees, both pro-union and non-union. As Mike E. stated, If we want to be represented by the Teamsters or any other union, so be it. They will work with them. Sounds to me he really doesn't have a problem with it.

hugnlug said:
I have to agree with you bad habit. Changes are coming quickly. As far as NBR, that can't get straightened out fast enough. It's killing us. The gold shield will not be tarnished any more than it has too by the "O"/"MC" acquisition. UPS has an incredible amount of work to get this ship afloat and sailing in the right direction. If CEO Mike E. was honest when he said that he didn't know that Gordon M. and Leo S. had put the DVD together, this maybe indeed the door for them and a few others. I don't think UPS wants UPSF unraveling from both lack of leadership and division amoung the employees, both pro-union and non-union. As Mike E. stated, If we want to be represented by the Teamsters or any other union, so be it. They will work with them. Sounds to me he really doesn't have a problem with it.

You know I stated this on the old boards, from a memo I seen on the wall in Salt Lake. And a few of our fellow freight junkies called me a liar. Well now who has the old preverbial egg on their face?????

I just don't want to have to work under a microscope . I hear too much crap from UPS drivers ( locally ) that they are constantly running against the clock . It seems , to me , that UPS is more interested in production than anything else . It's hard to believe that attitude won't carry over to our company if they start raising pay and improving bennies .
I enjoy my job and I'm satisfied where I stand financially . The last thing I need is big brown cracking the whip on me for a few pennies more .

big o brown said:
I just don't want to have to work under a microscope . I hear too much crap from UPS drivers ( locally ) that they are constantly running against the clock . It seems , to me , that UPS is more interested in production than anything else . It's hard to believe that attitude won't carry over to our company if they start raising pay and improving bennies .
I enjoy my job and I'm satisfied where I stand financially . The last thing I need is big brown cracking the whip on me for a few pennies more .

Don't worry. Big Brown will crack down on you, pay increase or not.

Animo916 said:
Don't worry. Big Brown will crack down on you, pay increase or not.

Now why would they do that . I'm sure they are not going to concentrate on efficiency and production with their newly aquired gem .:biglaugh: