ODFL | Why have you stayed at O.D. ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Liked the atmosphere of a company always growing.Liked the man that owns the company.Learned the people of value and the ones with no value.Didn't want to go somewhere else and have to take that lesson over.

No better paying/better benefit union job near the house, I'm driving an hour to OD now and don't want to drive furthur to drive.

Overall, they offer a good & decent package of pay and benefits along with time off. Much better than most in the trucking industry....especially for a guy like me in his first year of driving.

I think they treat people pretty good here, why go somewhere else drivers at other companies do not always seem much better of or are not better off.
Also I like how the corporation is ran by the majority stock holders Congdon family but yet is a public corporation so its records are open.

Overall, they offer a good & decent package of pay and benefits along with time off. Much better than most in the trucking industry....especially for a guy like me in his first year of driving.

Does'nt OD only give 1 weeks vacation until you have been with the company for 3 years and just 3 personal days a year. I'm not making a knock on the company just gathering info.

Does'nt OD only give 1 weeks vacation until you have been with the company for 3 years and just 3 personal days a year. I'm not making a knock on the company just gathering info.

We have dreams of 3 personal days, we only get 2. We used to get 3 but they were at 1/2 days pay, they cut it to 2 but pay you for a full day. Vacation is 1 week after 1 year, 2 wks after 3 yrs. and 3 wks after 8 yrs. We just got the 8yr/3wk deal last year it used to be 10 yrs.

I was told 1 weeks vacation and 2 personal days.

However, the time off I was talking about was daily time at home. I am a extra board driver doing wild turns. I go to different terminals in the area but at the end of my 14 I am back at my home terminal.

Also, unless I want to work it, weekends are off. I do not know of any large trucking companies where a brand new driver can get this benefit.

I was told 1 weeks vacation and 2 personal days.

However, the time off I was talking about was daily time at home. I am a extra board driver doing wild turns. I go to different terminals in the area but at the end of my 14 I am back at my home terminal.

Also, unless I want to work it, weekends are off. I do not know of any large trucking companies where a brand new driver can get this benefit.

Not every terminal will offer some or any of their drivers that good a deal at OD. Many terminals you will have to run wild and possibly team wild before you get enough seniority to run anything like you run now. Even then with some seniority you might only get a nightime with weekends bid if you're lucky.

Not every terminal will offer some or any of their drivers that good a deal at OD. Many terminals you will have to run wild and possibly team wild before you get enough seniority to run anything like you run now. Even then with some seniority you might only get a nightime with weekends bid if you're lucky.

I picked up on that after talking with other drivers from different terminals. I feel very fortunate to be where I am at. Does anyone know why one terminal operates differently from another when it comes to the types of runs?

easttnhillibilly, what is oddl? I guess I should know but its just not clicking with me.:duh:

We have dreams of 3 personal days, we only get 2. We used to get 3 but they were at 1/2 days pay, they cut it to 2 but pay you for a full day. Vacation is 1 week after 1 year, 2 wks after 3 yrs. and 3 wks after 8 yrs. We just got the 8yr/3wk deal last year it used to be 10 yrs.

are you sure 2 of my buddys just hit 10 years now the:smilie gets 3 weeks.the made it 10 years the year i left.3 years ago.

Thinking of switching to Old D

I have 15 yrs at FXFE BUT BUMPED TO X-TRA BOARD BID NOT TO HAPPY WITH THAT PLUS DRIVING 75 MILES ONE WAY TO WORK IS WEARING ON ME. Any tips from you seasoned vets at Old D? Looks like decent equipment now, pay is moving up to? Looks like wild for me for awhile. Im goin to a small yard that should be better for me right? I hate giving up that much time but Im not goin to sit days at a time with fed x. hope to hear from some of you guys --- thx for your time Hawkeye

welcome

Welcome hawkeye54.Just hang around or check back,these drivers can answer about any O.D. question you've got.