Yellow | Why is YRC the only co laying off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
another dumb *** thread. bottom line... hey stupid, we are not the only company laying off. read a newspaper once in a while!

another dumb *** thread. bottom line... hey stupid, we are not the only company laying off. read a newspaper once in a while!

You are absolutely right! Every company (union/nonunion) in the Salt Lake area are either laying off or asking employees to stay home for the day.

I hope I get laid off this winter so I can finallty go to Cambodia and have that sex change operation I have always wanted...:hysterical:

sex_change_babe2.jpg

call it like you see it, Larry

Wow, seems like everytime I get on this board someone is upset with Larry Retired. Last week he was called "annoying", and now he's a "bitter old man"!
I find his outspoken posts much more informative and intertaining than the bullshit rumor posts. :1036316054:

heshe

Memo to DragBikeMike:
If that was a post-operation picture, then someone needs to sue for malpractice! :puke:

Wow, seems like everytime I get on this board someone is upset with Larry Retired. Last week he was called "annoying", and now he's a "bitter old man"!
I find his outspoken posts much more informative and intertaining than the bullshit rumor posts. :1036316054:

and... that is the reason I post what I post -

too many guys on here are just a tad overzealous and tend to sound paranoid with all of their conspiracy theories and rumours...

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!![/
SIZE]

I hope we meet some time.

Like I told Larry I was asking a question. I know this is a forigen concept to cave men like you an larry. I read news papers. I also use them for picking up dog crap. To me they are the same. A writer puts in his pice what he wants you to read. If you don't know that than you are the stupid one. Asking a question on the board means you are trying to get other peoples thoughts. You should try it some time. Thinking I mean. But not to long you don't want to hurt yourself.

Like I told Larry I was asking a question. I know this is a forigen concept to cave men like you an larry. I read news papers. I also use them for picking up dog crap. To me they are the same. A writer puts in his pice what he wants you to read. If you don't know that than you are the stupid one. Asking a question on the board means you are trying to get other peoples thoughts. You should try it some time. Thinking I mean. But not to long you don't want to hurt yourself.
In NORMAL years you had a valid question as the Union LTL's usually laid off around this time. Mostly to avoid paying Holiday Pay for Thanks Giving/ Christmas and the freight would dry up some. The Nons would cut hours rather than layoff. Things are different this year due to the economy, and everyone is laying off. Why everyone is pissed off at you and want to belittle you for your question has even me baffled. Larry has even ticked me off a time or two but usualy he's ok. Every once in awhile his grumpy side takes over. :biglaugh:

In NORMAL years you had a valid question as the Union LTL's usually laid off around this time. Mostly to avoid paying Holiday Pay for Thanks Giving/ Christmas and the freight would dry up some. The Nons would cut hours rather than layoff. Things are different this year due to the economy, and everyone is laying off. Why everyone is pissed off at you and want to belittle you for your question has even me baffled. Larry has even ticked me off a time or two but usualy he's ok. Every once in awhile his grumpy side takes over. :biglaugh:

Go back and read his first six sentences. He is not asking a question, he is making a claim, He is saying that non-union companies are not laying off. Hell he doesn't even know a question from a statement, he can't spell for sh** and then he has the gall to imply that some of us are stupid. Okay, I am stupid. He is a brain surgeon. Forgive me for questioning his original thread. I guess I understand how it works now. Let me see, maybe I will start a thread asking why freight has slowed down. Golly gee there doesn't seem to be any rational explanation for that, does there?

Memo to DragBikeMike:
If that was a post-operation picture, then someone needs to sue for malpractice! :puke:

I think it is disgraceful that he printed that photo. I have it on good authority that that is the next CEO of YRC. How disrespectful of your future leader.

layoffs

Don't waste to much time listening to the doom and gloom. We still live in the greatest country on this planet. The powers that be will not let the economy tank for too long.We may have tough times ahead but it will not last forever. We are a consumer nation and must consume that translates into movement of freight . Best wishes to all feeling the effects caused by the slowing economy and distress in the financial sector. Hang in ther people.:USA:

rayd7, Thanks for saying what needed to be said, very well by the way. Good luck to all.

P.S. Hold your chin up and be proud!

Go back and read his first six sentences. He is not asking a question, he is making a claim, He is saying that non-union companies are not laying off. Hell he doesn't even know a question from a statement, he can't spell for sh** and then he has the gall to imply that some of us are stupid. Okay, I am stupid. He is a brain surgeon. Forgive me for questioning his original thread. I guess I understand how it works now. Let me see, maybe I will start a thread asking why freight has slowed down. Golly gee there doesn't seem to be any rational explanation for that, does there?

You need to go back and read my oringinal post. I said I have read the other boards and none of them are laying off workers. Yes I was wrong. I said in a later post that very thing. I need to read farther. But unlike you I have to work. I don't have the time to sit here and read every post everyday. The only reason I call anyone strupid is you call me that first. Yes childish I know. But that is how the world works. You know that as well as I. And as for my spelling. Where on this board does it say I have to be great at spelling. It seems that I get my point across to even a dimwitt like yourself. So maybe we are on the same wave link. You are just a crabby old jerk that some times needs to eat a little more fiber so you can crap it out of you butt in stead of spewing it out of your mouth. I am a still wet behind the ears wipper snapper who does not know it all but thinks he does. Have a nice day larry.

You need to go back and read my oringinal post. I said I have read the other boards and none of them are laying off workers. Yes I was wrong. I said in a later post that very thing. I need to read farther. But unlike you I have to work. I don't have the time to sit here and read every post everyday. The only reason I call anyone strupid is you call me that first. Yes childish I know. But that is how the world works. You know that as well as I. And as for my spelling. Where on this board does it say I have to be great at spelling. It seems that I get my point across to even a dimwitt like yourself. So maybe we are on the same wave link. You are just a crabby old jerk that some times needs to eat a little more fiber so you can crap it out of you butt in stead of spewing it out of your mouth. I am a still wet behind the ears wipper snapper who does not know it all but thinks he does. Have a nice day larry.

Thank you!:1036316054:

I would have never been so petty as to question your spelling had you not been so arrogant in suggesting that some of us are not quite as bright as you. As you say, you are someone who does not know it all, but thinks he does. You have a very high opinion of yourself. I guess I should consider myself fortunate to be allowed to communicate with someone of your exalted stature.

You have even berated someone on another thread that you started because they don't like second billing in the corporate name. As you say, you are wet behind the ears. Maybe you don't know the history. Yellow and Roadway were major rivals before the buyout. Each companies' employees were very loyal to their respective employer. When Yellow bought Roadway, it didn't go over too well with the Roadway folks. That is very understandable. They don't like it anymore today than they did five years ago. So you see, once again, you don't have a clue what the **** your talking about. And in case you don't know it, Roadway has been designated the surviving company in the merger. How do you like them apples? Can you believe that a crabby old dimwit jerk like me would know that?

And, incidentally, I just went back and read my previous posts, and I never said you were stupid. I said your thread was stupid. There is a big difference.

If ya'll can't play nice. I'm closing the sandbox.

NOTE TO VIEWERS;

Many posts in this thread were edited because of a request by a member. In order to accomplish the members request, which I felt reasonable, I trimmed an excessive amount of content. I did this because complying with the members request and leaving other things I felt unfairly unbalanced the course of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.