Yellow | Why most of America’s 2 million long-haul truck drivers aren’t unionized

I would guess that more than 30% of the employees at the non union companies were once Teamsters. 30% is the number of signature cards required to force a vote to unionize. Why don't they sign the cards? Why isn't the union sending them cards in the mail? The IBT has their info.
I've made mention before, 30% threshold is a loser, historically you lose 10 - 20% of card signers by the time of the vote, when i was at the hall, we wouldn't move till we had 70% of cards signed. Workers have to want the union, they have to come to you, just sending out cards is a waste of time.

Nice long winded answer...your reading comprehension at times is lacking....that isn't what I asked.....
The point is you can only organize those who want to be organized. The worker has to approach the union because the union cannot, by law, promise any wage increases or benefits. The union cannot randomly approach employees and tell them, we will get you better wages and benefits because that is all up to negotiation and membership votes. They can only promise to get the best contract possible. If the necessary 30% are unhappy, someone will call. Sending cards to former union members is just a way to let them know you are there and willing to work with them.

The point is you can only organize those who want to be organized. The worker has to approach the union because the union cannot, by law, promise any wage increases or benefits. The union cannot randomly approach employees and tell them, we will get you better wages and benefits because that is all up to negotiation and membership votes. They can only promise to get the best contract possible. If the necessary 30% are unhappy, someone will call. Sending cards to former union members is just a way to let them know you are there and willing to work with them.
So basically your post was a waste of time as former members would know what to do....just a way to bash an organization that has (and still is) enriched you.....

I do have a question for all on this subject...
Has anyone ever seen an at will employee fired for no reason at all?
I mean they either have to wreck or mislead freight or pull the wrong trailer, disregard a work assignment or something of that nature I'd say to actually be let go.
I've worked in this industry for well over 30 years both union and now non...and have never seen It happen.

So basically your post was a waste of time as former members would know what to do....just a way to bash an organization that has (and still is) enriched you.....
The Teamsters neither represent nor enrich me. I am not on the union payroll.
Yellow employees should remember that the union does not pay their salaries, they don't pay their insurance premiums and they don't make any pension contributions. Demanding wages and work rules that result in a Yellow bankruptcy hurts no one but Teamsters. The only people responsible for sub standard wages and benefits are the people who accept them. If you are not happy with your job, find another. Nobody is a "Slave".
ABF is not the benchmark of compensation. It is the exception not the rule and that is not because of anything the Teamsters have done. It is solely because of ABF senior management.

I do have a question for all on this subject...
Has anyone ever seen an at will employee fired for no reason at all?
I mean they either have to wreck or mislead freight or pull the wrong trailer, disregard a work assignment or something of that nature I'd say to actually be let go.
I've worked in this industry for well over 30 years both union and now non...and have never seen It happen.
You've never seen a non-union driver let go during an economic downturn?

Charmed.

Former union members know where and what to do if they want to unionize, Blinding mailing sign up cards to people's homes is not a good idea, you would be surprised how much influence the wife has, you getting involved with that ::shit:: again, last union job you had closed, Blah,Blah, Blah, the workers have to be pissed, angry, feel disrespected, don't want to kiss ass to be treated fairly and such and want representation.

That's not what he asked. He asked about being fired for no reason. Union drivers as well as non-union get laid off when work is slow. `
If I am not mistaken, a month or two ago, I read that Old Dominion does the economic terminations like LTL Anon is talking about. If I remember correctly, when you are laid off there, you lose everything including seniority, vacation progression, etc.
Basically, when you return, you are like a new hire just starting. So, yes there is such a thing as economic termination as LTL Anon stated. Some one please correct me if I misunderstood this practice at OD!!!

Exactly, former members know what to do and choose not to do so. That is a rejection of the union.