Yellow | Why most of America’s 2 million long-haul truck drivers aren’t unionized

My 1982 bankruptcy was indeed a low point in my life. I was young and dumb. Bankruptcy laws were created to give people a second chance. I took that second chance and made a vow never to be poor again. Pension, I am collecting it, I am keeping it and I'm not complaining about it. I am no different than most, I have more than I need and less than I want. I Gladly accept two pensions, Social Security, Medicare and anything else available to me. My complaint is that the pension promise caused most to not accept the personal responsibility to save and invest for retirement. It's the old all your eggs in one basket mistake. As a matter of principle, I don't believe the taxpayer bailout was right.
I'm glad you recovered from bankruptcy and became wealthy if I ever have the misfortune of belonging to a HOA like yourself I know where to borrow a few bucks when my Special Assessment comes around.
It ruffles my feathers when you make a statement the Teamsters do not enrich you, although I worked for the best trucking co around, working conditions were deplorable in the 50s before the Teamsters came around.
You were not around and only have to go on hearsay, I was there.
You and every union, and non-union person involved in the trucking industry have been enriched by the Teamsters.
None would enjoy the salaries and benefits we have today.
They also said the taxpayer would benefit from deregulation, I have yet to see that, I certainly didn't see the benefit when I lost my job.
Back to the Special Assessment, I had a friend who owned a condo when a hurricane destroyed their boat docks and silted in the slips, his assessment was $20k.

I'm glad you recovered from bankruptcy and became wealthy if I ever have the misfortune of belonging to a HOA like yourself I know where to borrow a few bucks when my Special Assessment comes around.
It ruffles my feathers when you make a statement the Teamsters do not enrich you, although I worked for the best trucking co around, working conditions were deplorable in the 50s before the Teamsters came around.
You and every union, and non-union person involved in the trucking industry have been enriched by the Teamsters.
They also said the taxpayer would benefit from deregulation, I have yet to see that, I certainly didn't see the benefit when I lost my job.
Back to the Special Assessment, I had a friend who owned a condo when a hurricane destroyed their boat docks and silted in the slips, his assessment was $20k.
It is hard to disagree with facts, great post breezy.:clapping:

Our association has never had a special assessment. A well run association should never need one. Our board and accountant attend quarterly seminars sponsored by our law firm. Our owners complain about monthly fees but we have a well funded reserve account and good insurance. It's a pay now or pay later scenario. When a road needs to be repaved or the fountains die in our lake, there is always going to be money on hand to pay for that.

The trick is, unlike most the posters here, I never depended on a promise from the union to provide for my old age. I guess you are partially correct. The pension did enrich me since it came to me as money I never depended on and would never need.
Blade I don't want you accepting that welfare money, send it to www. hookmanneedsthedough.net so you'll feel better about yourself. Your welcome. :lmao:

My 1982 bankruptcy was indeed a low point in my life. I was young and dumb. Bankruptcy laws were created to give people a second chance. I took that second chance and made a vow never to be poor again. Pension, I am collecting it, I am keeping it and I'm not complaining about it. I am no different than most, I have more than I need and less than I want. I Gladly accept two pensions, Social Security, Medicare and anything else available to me. My complaint is that the pension promise caused most to not accept the personal responsibility to save and invest for retirement. It's the old all your eggs in one basket mistake. As a matter of principle, I don't believe the taxpayer bailout was right.
While that is a good story, the problem I have is you say that it was a low point, you have no empathy for the retiree who didn't save like you did....he didn't save perhaps because he was thinking that the money would be there.....maybe he was financially responsible in as much as he paid his bills and never hit rock bottom like yourself, so he didn't learn as you did....I don't fault these people that count on it as you do, because I know they may not have had a good role model or teacher when they were young...I know you didn't either as you said you were very poor growing up, so I would just expect you would feel some compassion here, instead of just feeling compassion for people who screwed up like you...

While that is a good story, the problem I have is you say that it was a low point, you have no empathy for the retiree who didn't save like you did....he didn't save perhaps because he was thinking that the money would be there.....maybe he was financially responsible in as much as he paid his bills and never hit rock bottom like yourself, so he didn't learn as you did....I don't fault these people that count on it as you do, because I know they may not have had a good role model or teacher when they were young...I know you didn't either as you said you were very poor growing up, so I would just expect you would feel some compassion here, instead of just feeling compassion for people who screwed up like you...
It's called being a Narcissist. :17142:

Last edited:
Our association has never had a special assessment. A well run association should never need one. Our board and accountant attend quarterly seminars sponsored by our law firm. Our owners complain about monthly fees but we have a well funded reserve account and good insurance. It's a pay now or pay later scenario. When a road needs to be repaved or the fountains die in our lake, there is alwaysbly going to be money on hand to pay for that.
These people down here probably don't have as smart and well-organized Chairman as your association.
They do plan for dredging and maintenance, however, this was a bad hurricane.
I don't carry insurance except for fire and personal liability so I pay for damage out of my pocket, that's why I'm poor.

These people down here probably don't have as smart and well-organized Chairman as your association.
They do plan for dredging and maintenance, however, this was a bad hurricane.
I don't carry insurance except for fire and personal liability so I pay for damage out of my pocket, that's why I'm poor.
Is Blade the chairman? He must be...LMAO
:lmao: :438::lmao: