SAIA | Why the massive turnover will continue.

Yes, no more 3 years of probation for DriveCam infractions. Close to 90 P&D drivers and approximately 40-50 in the line. Dallas has much more. Fort Worth just opened and is building to take pressure off Dallas. This will have a big impact on driver retention. It’s really a big deal.

Good deal, sounds like a step in the right direction.

Yes, no more 3 years of probation for DriveCam infractions. Close to 90 P&D drivers and approximately 40-50 in the line. Dallas has much more. Fort Worth just opened and is building to take pressure off Dallas. This will have a big impact on driver retention. It’s really a big deal.
No it wont. Drivers don't want cameras in their face. Saia can spout all the hardnose safety nonsense all it wants. As long as there are options out there to drive for the same or better money without having a Gestapo camera in your face drivers will leave. Its' a drivers market out there, companies are fighting over drivers. Saia screwed the pooch on this whole camera deal, now they have left themselves with no way out.

Purchase transportation won't solve all of their problems.

No it wont. Drivers don't want cameras in their face. Saia can spout all the hardnose safety nonsense all it wants. As long as there are options out there to drive for the same or better money without having a Gestapo camera in your face drivers will leave. Its' a drivers market out there, companies are fighting over drivers. Saia screwed the pooch on this whole camera deal, now they have left themselves with no way out.

Purchase transportation won't solve all of their problems.

Amen to that, I’m a young guy who started in LTL young and have 11 years of accident free p&d experience. Saia has been offering better money in my area and better benefits plus a 5K sign on bonus, but those cameras in your face are the only thing keeping me from applying. Forward facing cameras are fine, but I don’t need some underpaid office worker analyzing my actions inside the cab.

Amen to that, I’m a young guy who started in LTL young and have 11 years of accident free p&d experience. Saia has been offering better money in my area and better benefits plus a 5K sign on bonus, but those cameras in your face are the only thing keeping me from applying. Forward facing cameras are fine, but I don’t need some underpaid office worker analyzing my actions inside the cab.
Some drivers have a completely different view of the cameras. Some guys just adapt and become a better driver. It’s the perception of the cameras that bother many. There really not that bad. It’s just a personal choice. I admit I’ve been up and down about them but the company is starting to use them in a more positive way so I am now back on board with them.

Some drivers have a completely different view of the cameras. Some guys just adapt and become a better driver. It’s the perception of the cameras that bother many. There really not that bad. It’s just a personal choice. I admit I’ve been up and down about them but the company is starting to use them in a more positive way so I am now back on board with them.

It's hilarious how quickly you change your tune about how the company disciplines camera violations when you haven't even allowed any time for them to demonstrate that they actually will change.

Lets' we their actions before we say that all is good. They'e been heavy handed for years now, it's going to take more than lip service at a single terminal to change the perception that saia is using cameras to drive good drivers out of the company.

My last day is this Friday THANK GOD lol. The only thing I’ll miss are “some” of my co workers and TM. That’s the only reason I worked out a 2 weeks.

I’m surprised they asked you to work the 2 weeks. I know a lot of times, you give notice and they point right to the door. Your terminal must be busy. Good luck in your next venture

I was attending the Smith training session, watching the video, and then the other video's came up. The ones promoting all the new gadgets, on the new tractors. My eyes glazed over, after about 3 minutes of the video, explaining all the "new" safety features and how you could scroll between the different pages of the system using the controls, on the left side of the steering wheel, and how the radar is new and improved, in its ability to help you brake. My first thought, that camera and those tattle tale boxes are going to have a field day.

I was attending the Smith training session, watching the video, and then the other video's came up. The ones promoting all the new gadgets, on the new tractors. My eyes glazed over, after about 3 minutes of the video, explaining all the "new" safety features and how you could scroll between the different pages of the system using the controls, on the left side of the steering wheel, and how the radar is new and improved, in its ability to help you brake. My first thought, that camera and those tattle tale boxes are going to have a field day.
:scratchhead:

First offense for rolling stops, red lights, and following distance is a suspension and 3 years of probation. Second offense is termination for the same offense such as another rolling stop. Total stupidity. Period .... and end of discussion. It should be a written warning for the first offense. Second offense should be a 5 day suspension and the third offense should be termination IMO. As long as they continue to belittle and bully drivers with this excessive policy they will continue to have massive turnover. No driver will work under the pressure of knowing his job could be lost with his next mistake. The 3 years of probation is the main issue. We had a big meeting in Garland today about this. You can’t sugar coat this. It’s totally wrong. I will be back later with specifics and what actually prompted this meeting.
I am glad I was able to retire from this company before this bullshit started. I was at the Garland terminal and the company is a lying sack of ::shit::. I remember when they started the sleep apnea bs. They told us in the meeting that the law had been passed. Such lying to the employees tell you they are not worth working for! IMHO

I am glad I was able to retire from this company before this :horseshit: started. I was at the Garland terminal and the company is a lying sack of :::shit:::. I remember when they started the sleep apnea bs. They told us in the meeting that the law had been passed. Such lying to the employees tell you they are not worth working for! IMHO
Agreed. They are definitely lacking in the integrity and honesty department