Yellow | why would you vote yes

shamrock101

TB Lurker
Credits
just found out that yrc already got approved for refinancing by douch bank so why come with this piece of **** agreement we might as well be non union we lose vacation again , we loose pay , no raises for two yrs ,still no pention ..........wake up and take a stand and vote no give it back to them and let them come up with something better

They should vote yes because they are afraid to stand up and fight. They are happy to have a job, and haven't figured out how much they are willing to give up to keep it.

They should vote yes because they are afraid to stand up and fight. They are happy to have a job, and haven't figured out how much they are willing to give up to keep it.

I am happy to have a job - ask anyone who has spent time on layoff, unemployment sucks. And just like everyone else on here, I can run the same numbers on the back of an envelope. The only reason to vote yes, is that you have figured out exactly how much you are willing to give up to keep that job. I have run the numbers for myself and these concessions come in under what I was willing to give up. I'm not happy about it, but the numbers work.

The really funny part is that I have yet to see a ton of responses about how this is such a worse deal than what some other trucking companies have. ABF has utility drivers, the absenteeism policy is the same as the Western region, we keep OT after 8 (I remember working for another line where that wasn't true and it was bad).

I am happy to have a job - ask anyone who has spent time on layoff, unemployment sucks.

After 23.5 years, I was laid off from YRC in May of 2013. I worked the dock, as I was hired to do so back then. I have no desire to drive a truck, and to be told (if I ever get recalled) that you will receive NO raises over the next 5 years, is an insult. I know unemployment stinks, but I saw the writing on the wall back in 2010 and enrolled in school. It stinks being a 51 year old student, sitting in a classroom with kids old enough to be my own kids, but I am proactive. And my question to you is, "When do the numbers not add up to what you are willing to give up?" They will continue to take and take because not enough people are willing to say enough already.:regretful:

It is time(past time) to man up! We have been nothing short of being cowards. Thank you for letting me still have a job. It is time we stand and be counted a man.

Ok , do you have the link about the bank REFINANCING ?? and really anybody that votes yes ,is a couple french fries short of a happy meal !!! I am 100% voting NO NO NO NO NO !!! come on even SHEEP have a set of BALLS !!!

And my question to you is, "When do the numbers not add up to what you are willing to give up?" They will continue to take and take because not enough people are willing to say enough already

First off, congratulations! I'm glad you found a job opportunity that makes you better off than returning to YRC if you are recalled. Sincerely, I wish you all the best and I encourage ANYONE who has better opportunities to take them. At my barn however, I see a majority of guys who have been on layoff will return in a heartbeat when recalled.

In response to your question, I have a number in mind, below which I can work elsewhere and be just as well off. I'm just not there yet. At present YRC with these concessions provides me with a much better financial outcome than anything else I could do (even discounting returning to school). They day they come back with something I can't live with I'll be first in line to vote no.

This isn't about what I want to do. I have no desire to continue driving a truck. Zip, nada, nothing. I work for a paycheck and to support my family - that's it. As I've stated before, one way or another this is my last contract if it passes. But voting yes is in my (and I'd imagine a majority's) best financial interest no matter how ridiculous I think more concessions are and no matter how reluctantly I will make them.

I've watched the industry change for the worse over my career and the quality of the Teamsters as well (i.e. the only reason that the new absenteeism rules are needed is because people are largely irresponsible and take those sick days the second they get them). But I don't see how the numbers justify voting no.

We are the teamsters. It is weak minded thinking like this that makes us only weaker!

I'm curious, just what EXACTLY is YOUR plan B? In the plausible event that we reject this proposal and YRCW does file bankruptcy. How does that strengthen the Teamsters?
I'm quite confident I can be hired and work at ABF or FEDEX Freight.

I'm curious, just what EXACTLY is YOUR plan B? In the plausible event that we reject this proposal and YRCW does file bankruptcy. How does that strengthen the Teamsters?
I'm quite confident I can be hired and work at ABF or FEDEX Freight.
Al that may be good for you but no accidents, no tickets, no workers comp ,30 years in 710 and I cant get a job because I don't blow Pat, or 710. it like it always was AL not know you know it who you blow you are so close to old 309 and 710 it just makes me sick, please do not tell people there jobs out there when you have an inside I'm going to shut this down because sometimes you make me sick , Are they paying you? No fights please !

Al that may be good for you but no accidents, no tickets, no workers comp ,30 years in 710 and I cant get a job because I don't blow Pat, or 710. it like it always was AL not know you know it who you blow you are so close to old 309 and 710 it just makes me sick, please do not tell people there jobs out there when you have an inside I'm going to shut this down because sometimes you make me sick , Are they paying you? No fights please !

Local 710 will have NOTHING to do with whether or not I get hired at FedEx OR ABF. Where do you think former supervisors go when YRCF let them go? They are at Saia, Conway, and Estes too.

How do you organize and grow the union when all that we seem to do is regress?

How do you organize and grow the union when so many union folks denigrate and belittle those who are not currently union members?

PS - We started regressing back in the late 1970's and 80's in case anyone remembers.

At this point I have more reasons to vote no.

No way would I ever vote for this, just to say I still have a "job"

Vote Yes....Lose your job under 7(h) Service Area.

I hope P&D drivers will stop and think about what areas could be deemed low density, and the affect that might have on their job.

At this point I have more reasons to vote no.

No way would I ever vote for this, just to say I still have a "job"

I believe you have that right. The union says there were no negotiations but I think everyone knows that the company didn't come to this without some arm twisting. Is there enough wiggle room if this gets turned down for the company and the union to meet to discuss some very valid concerns with language and content of the current proposal, maybe there is or isn't, roll the dice and hope you made the right choice, but make sure you can accept the results of your actions. Can there be a lot of changes to the substance of the current proposal, highly unlikely, the company is in a tough spot, regardless of whether it's their actions that got them there, and the banks control our destiny.