Yellow | why would you vote yes

This is my 3rd major career in my life and although, looking back, I may have done a few things differently, however, @ age 62 I just want to get to 66 and retire with whatever pittance is left. I will have to vote yes due to my own circumstances. I wish anyone well that is looking for a new career choice and understand that we all have to vote what is best for us as individuals.

And that's where the problem lies. United we stand, divided we fall. If that was the attitude in '94, people would have crossed the line in a heartbeat. It is ALWAYS in our best interest to work and provide for our families, but as our brothers and sisters before us did for us, we must continue to do for the next generation.

First off, congratulations! I'm glad you found a job opportunity that makes you better off than returning to YRC if you are recalled. Sincerely, I wish you all the best and I encourage ANYONE who has better opportunities to take them. At my barn however, I see a majority of guys who have been on layoff will return in a heartbeat when recalled.

In response to your question, I have a number in mind, below which I can work elsewhere and be just as well off. I'm just not there yet. At present YRC with these concessions provides me with a much better financial outcome than anything else I could do (even discounting returning to school). They day they come back with something I can't live with I'll be first in line to vote no.

This isn't about what I want to do. I have no desire to continue driving a truck. Zip, nada, nothing. I work for a paycheck and to support my family - that's it. As I've stated before, one way or another this is my last contract if it passes. But voting yes is in my (and I'd imagine a majority's) best financial interest no matter how ridiculous I think more concessions are and no matter how reluctantly I will make them.

I've watched the industry change for the worse over my career and the quality of the Teamsters as well (i.e. the only reason that the new absenteeism rules are needed is because people are largely irresponsible and take those sick days the second they get them). But I don't see how the numbers justify voting no.

Dude ask anyone that has been through the "Give Back Game" all your going to be out is a lot more money.

THEY WILL CLOSE YRC, that has to happen for the corporation to survive, how much more money do you want to be out of?

How much older will you be then, your going to start over.

They aren't telling of any plan to turn this around, just let's throw more money at this.

They saved $3,000,000,000.00 in expenses and still no head way, that comes out to $600,000,000.00/year.

How long can any corporation sustain those kind of losses?

As for the Nation Absenteeism Policy; there is langue in place they don't choose to enforce it. Besides all that will happen is more people will get FMLA.

You're not getting an argument from me on this, everyone has a vote, use it wisely. As for equal sacrifice, Welch and Pierson will move on to their next Million dollar job with outrageous benefits and golden parachute, and we will find another 18 - 23 dollar an hour job with or without a pension starting out at the bottom with all the bull **** that comes with that. Now that's what I call equal sacrifice. BRING IT ON:fan::duh::6799::wee:

lol good luck 18- 23 dollar job lol that's funny even if you did by the time you pay for health insurance, life ins, dental, eye etc you wont be making that lol

We all forget what our previous teamsters did for us by fighting and striking to get the companies to pay a decent pay and benefits. As I read some of the comments on here about people willing to roll over and take what is given to them because it's better than nothing is disgusting. Pure selfishness. As a Union Member we all knew there would be a day like this in the making where we would have to possibly strike or have a job action but most of us spent our money foolishly instead of having a rainy day fund to ride things out when they got tough. If not for us we should be doing it for future teamsters because voting yes to me is the coward's way out and probably the final nail in the Teamsters. Why have a Union if they bring nothing to the table. It seems that Unions today are becoming less influential and this drama shows you why. The Unions only concern is losing 26,000 monthly dues. YRC cannot and will not close their doors. Their threats are pure BS. YRC is like GM, too big to fail. For those of you who can't find a job look in the mirror and you will figure out why? Fear is what is holding you back. Grow a set and man up. Destiny is in the making and what you do will have repercussions for many years to come. Time to make a difference. What amount will ever be enough for YRC? Do you feel guilty when you cash your check every week because you make too much?? Go ahead and watch what happens when the company starts using Contractors. Ask the folks at UPS Freight how that worked out for them. Their contract is held up because of that one issue. I should know, I worked there over 5 years and saw high paying Road Runs disappear and Road drivers being forced back into the city because it was cheaper for them to use a contractor on your run instead of you. We need to vote NO and then sit down and negotiate. This has been a one way street for too long.

lol yrc is not to big to close some of you people really have no clue on finance ,the state of affairs of your pension etc wow

First of all I would like to congratulate you for 3 major career changes, that alone is tough... I just like to put my input in on your thoughts of retirement. Do you plan on having a retirement from the Teamsters? If this is passed, what do you you think will happen to the pension funds with YRCW only paying in at 25% for UP TO 10 YEARS? The pension funds will probably be cutting the YRCW pensions to almost nothing. Hopefully you will be able to live on just your social security... I know this is a YRC teamster concession, but I guarantee you that this will NOT stop with just YRCW companies... This will spread to every union company, and to the non union companies alike...in the word of flexibility, and to remain competitive in the trucking business their employees will be taking cuts... What do you think YRCW will do when this happens? They will be back again with yet another concession, saying they need more just to be competitive, and that the banks needs another agreement or YRCW will shut their doors... The IBT and the locals will just go along with it again knowing that they will not be affected by any cuts made... JUST A THOUGHT BEFORE YOU VOTE YES TO GIVE UP YOUR PENSION

heres a news flash
the pension is and will go broke whether we pay 100 percent or 0 wake up the ibt has know for over 15 years this is where we where heading plain and simple fact
the writing was on the wall way back then less paying in more taking out equals broke its to late to save it............current retires and future more then likely with pension reform next year will have benefits reduced period and in 10 or 15 years it will be gone the other teamsters will have there own fund and the LTL teamster will be broke the other teamster arnt going to supplement there retirement for you its coming and watch ups will get out of the multi employer fund and abf so the can survive they will change the law and it will be over or the IBT will

$18-23? Those wages will be much lower if this thing passes. Hope your kids, grandkids, or other family/friends are not out of work. They will have to work 2 jobs to support thier family. Hard to do when you are on call. $16hr won't cut it in this day and age where everything keeps going up except our wages. You really don't think the H@W wont be next? They will keep coming and coming.

lol good luck 18- 23 dollar job lol that's funny even if you did by the time you pay for health insurance, life ins, dental, eye etc you wont be making that lol

Dude ask anyone that has been through the "Give Back Game" all your going to be out is a lot more money.

THEY WILL CLOSE YRC, that has to happen for the corporation to survive, how much more money do you want to be out of?

How much older will you be then, your going to start over.

They aren't telling of any plan to turn this around, just let's throw more money at this.

They saved $3,000,000,000.00 in expenses and still no head way, that comes out to $600,000,000.00/year.

How long can any corporation sustain those kind of losses?

As for the Nation Absenteeism Policy; there is langue in place they don't choose to enforce it. Besides all that will happen is more people will get FMLA.

Once again, if closing is inevitable then why rush it? Vote yes and collect a paycheck, use those sick days and vacation time, and find yourself another job. Even at a reduced rate, make YRC pay us before they go to the bankruptcy process and the lenders take whatever is left.

Voting no - if you're so sure they're going to close - is just giving more money to the lenders in the end. Seems like an odd charity for you to want to donate to.

Why would anyone tell us of the plan to turn it around? It seems pretty straightforward. Cut labor costs (some of the most significant in a service industry), refinance to lower interest costs, and pray that shipping volumes continue to rise.

Seems to me that there is alot of mass confusion.Alot of misinformation and some truths and half truths from the company heads and our very own Union as well.Oh yes our Union.I feel that there has been a conflict of interest between what our members want and what our union seems to own.My thoughts are based on lost stock options that were supposed to have been divi out based on passed agreements by us and for us (members).We were supposedly told that we the members were going to have true and accurate financial info given to each and every member through out the quarters from YRC.Not much of that has came to fruition as stated in other MOUs.Theretofore each local has had their own spin on things whenever we had held meetings.With all that being said.We all end up feeling detatched and not very trusting and therefore apathy has set in.Each and every time the company brings up changes in either the MOUs or concessions of some sort of form and fashion.We the members are unable to discern whether or not the company actually needs these proposed dictates or they are just blowing smoke.Im seeing it on here and hearing it out in the field.Its a shame that we seem to have to do things such as this proposal to mull about and vote one way or the other as if its an emergency on us.We have very little info to even feel confident on either decision.I feel and im sure other members feel that we are so far behind on information.Alot of us are upset and frustrated.We all have goals whether its the older men trying to get their time in to retire.Or the younger guys that have families and house payments and other expenses of life to meet.As one local union official stated in a demeaning way to some members.Well you just have to live within your means.Wow what a krikey of a statement from that rep.We all have amended our living expenses to accomodate the 15% paycuts.We are definitely not living high off the hog.How long can we all sustain this? I know inflation doesnt stop for no one.Yet we are asked to once again to feed the pig a few billion more dollars in the next five years.With what we have given in back dollars and what we are being asked to do again.If I were the company.I wouldnt worry about profits.The company has us members paying to go to work.imagine that.my only consolation is im sorry that we even have to make these decisions.The truth is ever so fleeting and our lives are way too short.God Bless the honest and all be dammed the deceitful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

And that's where the problem lies. United we stand, divided we fall. If that was the attitude in '94, people would have crossed the line in a heartbeat. It is ALWAYS in our best interest to work and provide for our families, but as our brothers and sisters before us did for us, we must continue to do for the next generation.

Who was the nonunion competition in 1994? Freight wasn't moving without us. Now its 20 years later and the teamsters have become a struggling minority in ltl. The teamster magazine just came today- not two words about freight in it. We are all proud to be teamsters but the international doesn't seem to be proud of us.

The last time we voted, the list on the wall showed where the yes votes came in. The votes were in the south and way out small town terminals. Chicago said no! then majority took us down.VOTE NO!