XPO | Will it get better ?

Not being "hands-free" has gotten a lot of otherwise good drivers canned. One I know of got his last (of three, in less than 12 mo period!) violation with a bluetooth device in his ear...he still had the phone in his hand! This guy had the same run every night, knew exactly where all the bumps and potholes were and still got popped, at least twice, in the same exact spot! Sad to see him go, but he can't say they didn't give him plenty of chances. It's just not worth it, go hands-free fellas.

Hope you find something better, soon.
This guy had hands free steering.

33fki1Q.jpg

UPW's SCM walked a couple weeks ago, was there probably less than a year. Too bad, seemed like a decent guy. I saw him closing trailers and even sweeping the dock a couple times. I didn't know those guys were allowed to step away from the computer, until I saw that.

UPW's SCM walked a couple weeks ago, was there probably less than a year. Too bad, seemed like a decent guy. I saw him closing trailers and even sweeping the dock a couple times. I didn't know those guys were allowed to step away from the computer, until I saw that.
It says a lot that so many just walk away

They want to keep the vacation time and change things for the better. I’d love to set up my terminal with a union before I go simply to take care of the guys I work with. Just not teamsters. Beggars can’t be choosers I guess
Have you checked out the ABF or YRC threads on here? If you haven't maybe you should, you could end up leaving the guys in a way worse position with the Teamsters then they have now. It's not all unicorns and rainbows at those companies

Have you checked out the ABF or YRC threads on here? If you haven't maybe you should, you could end up leaving the guys in a way worse position with the Teamsters then they have now. It's not all unicorns and rainbows at those companies
If I were closer to any union company I would switch back in a heartbeat ! If XPO and YRC , New Penn & ABF were all in the same industrial park all close to home XPO would be the last place I would go . ABF first , New Penn second YRC third .

If I were closer to any union company I would switch back in a heartbeat ! If XPO and YRC , New Penn & ABF were all in the same industrial park all close to home XPO would be the last place I would go . ABF first , New Penn second YRC third .
If you have that much distaste for XPO then maybe the extra driving is worth it to work somewhere else instead of a place you hate

If you have that much distaste for XPO then maybe the extra driving is worth it to work somewhere else instead of a place you hate
No , not driving that far again this close to retirement. Have my years in for a very good teamster pension ( which is in good shape in my area ) . This job is just a fill in until I reach age 62 . Insurance sucks a big one , if they could fix that it would be an ok place .

Xan terminal manager walked out yesterday
I don't understand why this come to any surprise here? In these positions companies don't except a 2 weeks notice. An FOS maybe yes but a TM no. Hell in back in the Con-way days they did even except a 2 week notice from drivers/dockworker. If you walk in to the TM office and gave a 2 week notice HR would tell the TM to take you badge and key and say your service is no longer needed. So someone walking out is no surprise in the trucking industry. The most notice I every given was a 1 week and at one place all they did was f##k with me for that whole week

I don't understand why this come to any surprise here? In these positions companies don't except a 2 weeks notice. An FOS maybe yes but a TM no. Hell in back in the Con-way days they did even except a 2 week notice from drivers/dockworker. If you walk in to the TM office and gave a 2 week notice HR would tell the TM to take you badge and key and say your service is no longer needed. So someone walking out is no surprise in the trucking industry. The most notice I every given was a 1 week and at one place all they did was f##k with me for that whole week
We have had many drivers give 2 weeks notice over the years and work those weeks . I have never seen a driver been let got after giving notice . There’s a difference of walking off a job in frustration and being walked off after resignation.

No , not driving that far again this close to retirement. Have my years in for a very good teamster pension ( which is in good shape in my area ) . This job is just a fill in until I reach age 62 . Insurance sucks a big one , if they could fix that it would be an ok place .
So what happened to your union job?

We have had many drivers give 2 weeks notice over the years and work those weeks . I have never seen a driver been let got after giving notice . There’s a difference of walking off a job in frustration and being walked off after resignation.
We've had a guy on a peddle run get a phone call with a job offer didn't even finish his routine, he drove back to our dock and left