XPO | Will it get better ?

So what happened to your union job?
I’ve told it on here before . I had my years in for a great pension but not the age . Was driving wayyyy to many miles to & from work to get my years in . Once I got the years I needed I gave my two weeks notice and went to XPO just down the road from my house . Basically just waiting to reach age 62 . Was lied to by a district manager in my interview about how “great” the ins is here after year one . My own fault there I should have asked one of the XPO drivers . . So spend a couple more years here with the shi**y ins then start drawing my pension .

I’ve told it on here before . I had my years in for a great pension but not the age . Was driving wayyyy to many miles to & from work to get my years in . Once I got the years I needed I gave my two weeks notice and went to XPO just down the road from my house . Basically just waiting to reach age 62 . Was lied to by a district manager in my interview about how “great” the ins is here after year one . My own fault there I should have asked one of the XPO drivers . . So spend a couple more years here with the shi**y ins then start drawing my pension .

I'm sure you know this but just in case - you can collect Social Security at age 62 but you have to wait till age 65 for Medicare. Just wanted to mention in case you weren't aware.

I'm sure you know this but just in case - you can collect Social Security at age 62 but you have to wait till age 65 for Medicare. Just wanted to mention in case you weren't aware.
If you can afford to wait it will benefit you with higher monthly checks.

If you can afford to wait it will benefit you with higher monthly checks.

True, but the decision to take early or later depends somewhat on a persons life expectancy. If family history isn't good, taking early might be better option, if family history is good, taking later might be better. It's an educated guess and a bit of a crap shoot.