New Penn | Will this re-vote be a turning point and defining moment in union history

imovaherenow

TB Regular
Credits
People want to see you fail and no matter how hard you get knocked down you need to get back up to and fight harder and dont give up....

The union used to mean to fight what you believe in.

And a little, proud well respected company new penn
fought for its values ..what it built and stood for..

They stood up to the man.......david vs goliath....

I hate bullies

People want to see you fail and no matter how hard you get knocked down you need to get back up to and fight harder and dont give up....

I hate bullies
thanks for your support, i never thought in the 20 years i have been a teamster that i would see the membership threatend by the union and company if they dont change their vote.tyson hoffa and zollars heres to you :eck13::eck13::eck13:

They are not going to give you a choice, it's their way or no way.Well as far as i'm concerned the answer is the same. YRC will merge New Penn into their operation when the freight levels drop anyhow. There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough, for me that point is now. I urge everyone to take a step back and think, look around, remember what's happened in the past. Just look at how much they have changed our working enviroment and how we do business on a daily basis. After letting the emotion of the moment pass I did just that and I came to the conclusion that we are going to be a memory sooner rather than later. I loved working here because you never thought you were working stupid. We always did things in the most efficent manner possible and with a purpose. Now we have to meet productivity goals set by someone in Kansas City instead of doing what's best for our company. I am afraid that they hasve killed our method of moving freight and for my barn they have destroyed the work ethic of a majority of the men. I think you must vote NO, don't let the bully on the block push you around anymore.

They are not going to give you a choice, it's their way or no way.Well as far as i'm concerned the answer is the same. YRC will merge New Penn into their operation when the freight levels drop anyhow. There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough, for me that point is now. I urge everyone to take a step back and think, look around, remember what's happened in the past. Just look at how much they have changed our working enviroment and how we do business on a daily basis. After letting the emotion of the moment pass I did just that and I came to the conclusion that we are going to be a memory sooner rather than later. I loved working here because you never thought you were working stupid. We always did things in the most efficent manner possible and with a purpose. Now we have to meet productivity goals set by someone in Kansas City instead of doing what's best for our company. I am afraid that they hasve killed our method of moving freight and for my barn they have destroyed the work ethic of a majority of the men. I think you must vote NO, don't let the bully on the block push you around anymore.

I couldn't agree more, I hope the majority also agrees.

I hate bullies
I think you're giving up by voting "no". You're giving up on everybody. Cause if the vote is no there will be nothing left. Yes,,will give you achance to remain a teamster and fight till the very end. "NO means you're throwing in the towel and giving up like a wussy. We'll all be non-union if this goes down and what have we won?. United we stand....this company is the only way to stay united..so vote yes till the end....Try organising a non-union outfit(which is where we'll all end up after the union of no voters sank the best company in the world. In the middle of the worst recession. They won't want a union because they'll think you'll sink them too. Yes YRC ruined us but it looks better for the cause that way. It looks worse for our cause if we vote no and didn't try everything to stop it. But I guess you're only thinking of you, not alll of the future truckers who may need a union in years to come. If you don't like it you could quit......get used to hearing that cause that's what we'll all here at our new jobs should we go down. I mailed letters to all 6 catholic cardinals and the president asking for help. Maybe they could give us some business or know some power people who could buy us. Do something....don't give up on future drivers for what everyone wants in this econom ny is free shipping and this will only fall on the drivers with no defense.30,000 families depend on that yes vote right now. YRC won't handle our business and they will collapse if they rely on their company handling our freight. 30,000 are counting on your Yes vote to buy time.

I think you're giving up by voting "no". You're giving up on everybody. Cause if the vote is no there will be nothing left. Yes,,will give you achance to remain a teamster and fight till the very end. "NO means you're throwing in the towel and giving up like a wussy. We'll all be non-union if this goes down and what have we won?. United we stand....this company is the only way to stay united..so vote yes till the end....Try organising a non-union outfit(which is where we'll all end up after the union of no voters sank the best company in the world. In the middle of the worst recession. They won't want a union because they'll think you'll sink them too. Yes YRC ruined us but it looks better for the cause that way. It looks worse for our cause if we vote no and didn't try everything to stop it. But I guess you're only thinking of you, not alll of the future truckers who may need a union in years to come. If you don't like it you could quit......get used to hearing that cause that's what we'll all here at our new jobs should we go down. I mailed letters to all 6 catholic cardinals and the president asking for help. Maybe they could give us some business or know some power people who could buy us. Do something....don't give up on future drivers for what everyone wants in this econom ny is free shipping and this will only fall on the drivers with no defense.30,000 families depend on that yes vote right now. YRC won't handle our business and they will collapse if they rely on their company handling our freight. 30,000 are counting on your Yes vote to buy time.

The last freight outfit they organized was let out of the NMFA and the pension. Now try to organize and tell them atleast you get to vote on things in the union.. but don't forget the union can cancel your vote and make you do it over till THEY think you voted correctly.
Lets make it a yes vote so YRC can still close up terminals.
YRC IS DONE....GET OVER IT and start looking.

The last freight outfit they organized was let out of the NMFA and the pension. Now try to organize and tell them atleast you get to vote on things in the union.. but don't forget the union can cancel your vote and make you do it over till THEY think you voted correctly.
Lets make it a yes vote so YRC can still close up terminals.
YRC IS DONE....GET OVER IT and start looking.

Can i borrow that crystal ball?(I'd like those powerball numbers) These are just your opinions!!When the gates are locked then its DONE!!!!!!!!You guys have been fighting about this for almost a year now can't we just wait and see what happens?????????

They are not going to give you a choice, it's their way or no way.Well as far as i'm concerned the answer is the same.
YRC will merge New Penn into their operation when the freight levels drop anyhow.[/QUOTE] There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough, for me that point is now. I urge everyone to take a step back and think, look around, remember what's happened in the past. Just look at how much they have changed our working enviroment and how we do business on a daily basis. After letting the emotion of the moment pass I did just that and I came to the conclusion that we are going to be a memory sooner rather than later. I loved working here because you never thought you were working stupid. We always did things in the most efficent manner possible and with a purpose.
Now we have to meet productivity goals set by someone in Kansas City instead of doing what's best for our company.
I am afraid that they hasve killed our method of moving freight and for my barn they have destroyed the work ethic of a majority of the men. I think you must vote NO, don't let the bully on the block push you around anymore.

Change is coming and nobody likes change. Don't let it freak you out. They measure everything..It's ridiculous. They are only making you aware of your production. You get a 10 min break not 12 etc.
If you have the work ethic you say you have you will never hear from them. The reason they bought New Penn is they always wanted a regional carrier. They created a couple non-union regionals that went out. New Penn can only work as a stand alone carrier. They will not merge it. Freight levels are lower then ever. Where's the merge? They could cut hundreds of jobs in a merge and would have done it by now. Just don't expect a pat on the back etc. That will never happen. They are not bullies. They are all college grads. They don't bother anybody Ok, a warning letter now and then for a paper work error or a minor screwup never killed anyone

If New Penn votes "yes" and by some miracle YRC survives, from here on out...every contract neg. time you will have lost any power you may have had. The "threat" will always be "we will file for a change of operations" has anyone considered that? just curious.

Can i borrow that crystal ball?(I'd like those powerball numbers) These are just your opinions!!When the gates are locked then its DONE!!!!!!!!You guys have been fighting about this for almost a year now can't we just wait and see what happens?????????

Show up for work once in a while and I'll let you rub my opinionated crystal ball...:biglaugh:

Show up for work once in a while and I'll let you rub my opinionated crystal ball...:biglaugh:

You got balls you are the only one i know that does his shop steward business from home.:biglaugh:By the way, the way you spout off around here i figured you for BRASS BALLS not crystal!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

If New Penn votes "yes" and by some miracle YRC survives, from here on out...every contract neg. time you will have lost any power you may have had. The "threat" will always be "we will file for a change of operations" has anyone considered that? just curious.

That is a great point - Good luck guys.

They are not going to give you a choice, it's their way or no way.Well as far as i'm concerned the answer is the same.

Change is coming and nobody likes change. Don't let it freak you out. They measure everything..It's ridiculous. They are only making you aware of your production. You get a 10 min break not 12 etc.
If you have the work ethic you say you have you will never hear from them. The reason they bought New Penn is they always wanted a regional carrier. They created a couple non-union regionals that went out. New Penn can only work as a stand alone carrier. They will not merge it. Freight levels are lower then ever. Where's the merge? They could cut hundreds of jobs in a merge and would have done it by now. Just don't expect a pat on the back etc. That will never happen. They are not bullies. They are all college grads. They don't bother anybody Ok, a warning letter now and then for a paper work error or a minor screwup never killed anyone

he may be rumored to be management but i gotta agree with this guy on this post.

You got balls you are the only one i know that does his shop steward business from home.:biglaugh:By the way, the way you spout off around here i figured you for BRASS BALLS not crystal!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

I have to do business from home because even when I am :Zzzz: I get people like you calling or texting me and wasting my time!!:hysterical:

"Can't we all just be friends", we all know how hard each of us work. Personally I'm exhausted...Got to go time for my NAP.:Zzzz::Zzzz:

$2,000,000,000.00

:twisted: That is the amount YRC has cut their expenses. $2 Billion dollars in capacity and cost reductions. Unfortunately concessions are included in the amount. Duie Pyle, ABF, Conway and a few more are making more per hour. It's bad in a sense but then again it puts YRC at a cost advantage as far as staying alive for at least 18 months.. YRC is calling back road drivers and I heard the steward in Ct saying it's pickin up and customers are coming back. 2010 is comeback time for the economy. After the vote it will improve more. Just a little trivia fact for the faint hearted amongst you :twisted: I see the ship turning and the fat bastard lady was executed :twisted:

:twisted: That is the amount YRC has cut their expenses. $2 Billion dollars in capacity and cost reductions. Unfortunately concessions are included in the amount. Duie Pyle, ABF, Conway and a few more are making more per hour. It's bad in a sense but then again it puts YRC at a cost advantage as far as staying alive for at least 18 months.. YRC is calling back road drivers and I heard the steward in Ct saying it's pickin up and customers are coming back. 2010 is comeback time for the economy. After the vote it will improve more. Just a little trivia fact for the faint hearted amongst you :twisted: I see the ship turning and the fat bastard lady was executed :twisted:

The cost reductions as you call them MANAGEMENT JOE were Thousands of Union and Non UNION being LET Go. As you know thousands of these Teamsters Voted for the wage concessions only to be LET GO after the VOTE. Most of these layed off Workers will never be called back. YRC has taken 2 of the largest companies(Yellow and Roadway) and in 5 years ran it so far into the ground it is now close to the size of Roadway originally. Great Management.
You heard the Steward saying its pickin up. MANAGEMENT JOE YOU CLAIM TO BE RETIRED. Let me guess in a bar or at your dunkin donut you overheard this.
2 Billion Dollars isn't that how much YRC LOST IN the last 6 QUARTERS . Cost advantage, wasn't that what the first 10% paycut put us in. I know ZOLLAR said we would be competitve with the NON-Unions after the first cuts.
MANAGEMENT JOE stop the fairy tales. We all know what shape we are in and don't insult our intelligence with this backdoor way to try for YES VOTES. We are all educated big Boys at NEW PENN, so show us some Facts. Not I HEARD......