Holland | Will we get all week off?

howlinwolf

TB Lurker
Credits
would like a straight answer if we are working between the holidays, I could be in florida sipping cocktails on the beach! Sure beats waiting all day to be told to stay home.

Come 1/2/07.....I will have been off for 14 days!
dang sure hate to go back....I will then have 3,775 days to go until retirement!....KK

Sipping a cocktail under a palm tree wearing nothing but a thong having Nadine rubbing oil all over the body weather you need it or not.

I can walk out of UPS Freight anytime.
I just can't make up my mind if I want to retire,or stay working?
Most of the city drivers from other LTL companys that I started with have been retired for a few years already.
Most are board to tears.
A lot of them are working part time driving for low pay.
If your going to do that,you may as well keep working for good money,and bennies.

Most of the city drivers from other LTL companys that I started with have been retired for a few years already.
Most are board to tears.
A lot of them are working part time driving for low pay.
I can't wait to experience the boredom your buddies find so hard to tolerate. I'm sure that instead of being bored to tears I'd be bored to an everlasting grin.

They all talked about getting out,when they were coming up on their 30th years of service as a Teamster.
They satrted counting down the months,than weeks finally days.
I asked the what tey were going to do?
Each one said they had a lot of things they could think of doing.

After they retired I see them here and there around the Rochester NY area where I live and run my UPS Freight route.

Just about everyone of them I saw said they were working part time just to have something to do.
They said they did what they wanted to do after they left their trucking companies,but they said they need to do something becides hanging around their house.

These former drivers are getting good pensions,but most are to young to get SSI.
After working all thoese years in trucking,you've really got to have a plan,when you walk away from it.
You can't just stay around the house,driving your family crazy,and also dry up watching the tube all day,and half the night.
Or the internet,but I'm sure that gets old as well.