Central Transport | With a competent leader

Nighttrain700

TB Lurker
Credits
What could a competent operation president been able to do with the 75 yo 80 million Mr Keylon has used for agiant bond fire for him and his frat bros.

look on iron planet.com under peterbuilt section. just a small sign ... to start cleaning up terminals.. so someone can see... it is what it is....

This place was broken when keylon to over.
Our reputation is what's killing the company.
Our pjax history. Sometimes you have to step back and watch it burn and rebuild from the ashes.

Like the legendary bird....."Phoenix" .....which according to one account lived 500 years, burned itself to ashes on a pyre, and rose alive from the ashes to live another period.

This place was broken when keylon to over.
Our reputation is what's killing the company.
Our pjax history. Sometimes you have to step back and watch it burn and rebuild from the ashes.

Our PJAX history? Who or what are you smoking?

look on iron planet.com under peterbuilt section. just a small sign ... to start cleaning up terminals.. so someone can see... it is what it is....

I've never had good luck with Peterbilts. Peterbilts seem as though they have more electrical problems than other trucks and are plastic and cheaply made.

it maybe one of those old vitran drivers that lost out in the merger and blames everything on pjax.

True, I know Vitran had employees in some overlap areas that had relative few years, so during the merger went from No 1 on the board to somewhere in the middle.

True, I know Vitran had employees in some overlap areas that had relative few years, so during the merger went from No 1 on the board to somewhere in the middle.
plus going from getting o.t. after 40 hrs to 45 hrs and worse insurance.

If pjax management was so great why are they gone? Equipment standards was ****.
We where in a nose dive. Have we improved yes and no. Still no equal pay. The only perk the southwest has received is 2 cents for pulling doubles.
3cents for triples. And the 3 cents didn't come to the southwest till Vitran drivers had to start pulling triples and double vans.
And now we have drivers who got paid to move when terminals closed.
And they are keeping their pay scale. But if a southwest driver moves to a Vitran terminal we don't get the pay bump to be equal because of the wage freeze. Life is easier if you was a Vitran driver and not a southwest driver. The southwest had to run longer miles just to bring home what Vitran driver brought home on a 470 turn. Now you can only get ltl rejects from good companies who couldn't make the cut. And now that safety has had it's way there is no high mileage runs. All because Vitran drivers couldn't handle big miles. And big miles in the southwest was 650 to 710 a night ! Not 400 or 480! Why couldn't they handle big miles because they didn't have to because they made more money. When you have a driver tell management I'm not running that because I don't want to work that hard for my check you have lost as a company. So drink your Vitran / pjax/ quast kool- aid

If pjax management was so great why are they gone? Equipment standards was ****.
We where in a nose dive. Have we improved yes and no. Still no equal pay. The only perk the southwest has received is 2 cents for pulling doubles.
3cents for triples. And the 3 cents didn't come to the southwest till Vitran drivers had to start pulling triples and double vans.
And they are keeping their pay scale. But if a southwest driver moves to a Vitran terminal we don't get the pay bump to be equal because of the wage freeze. Life is easier if you was a Vitran driver and not a southwest driver. The southwest had to run longer miles just to bring home what Vitran driver brought home on a 470 turn. Now you can only get ltl rejects from good companies who couldn't make the cut. And now that safety has had it's way there is no high mileage runs. All because Vitran drivers couldn't handle big miles. And big miles in the southwest was 650 to 710 a night ! Not 400 or 480! Why couldn't they handle big miles because they didn't have to because they made more money. When you have a driver tell management I'm not running that because I don't want to work that hard for my check you have lost as a company. So drink your Vitran / pjax/ quast kool- aid

You are describing interaction with Vitran Employees at Vitran Terminals. Not Pjax Terminals. Chicago to New Jersey was the Pjax coverage area. As far as your comment about Pjax Managers . . . They wanted Kosovich to stay but he did not, which led to the Ex-Fedex crew, and the bloodbath since. No doubt you got a raw deal, but the Pjax Managers had no decision in buying your company. Those decisions all came from Canada.

CK has been purging the old pjax mgt cannot be to much left of them ,just as pjax purged much of the vitran legacy workers and mgt

CK has been purging the old pjax mgt cannot be to much left of them ,just as pjax purged much of the vitran legacy workers and mgt

Kimack is the only Vitran mgr that I know they got rid of and that is something that was long overdue. As far as the Vitran workers... you have to come to work and do your work, not hide behind the Kmart.

I forgot to explain that I knew Kimack from CF and he was a problem there too.

Kimack is the only Vitran mgr that I know they got rid of and that is something that was long overdue. As far as the Vitran workers... you have to come to work and do your work, not hide behind the Kmart.
It's Target in Texas......Kmart pulled out.....Get your facts straight.

You are so full of $hit your eyes are brown. PJAX had linehaul drivers running from Phillipsburg NJ to Detroit Mi every day. You wanna rag on "PJAX's history" and call them flunkies? And you come from Sierra West which covered not a single state 100% direct. PJAX went from a little tiny carrier, PJAX stood for "Pittsburgh Johnstown Altoona Express". They were an intrastate PA carrier doing around 18 million in revenue, more than Sierra West did in their best day. From 1997 to 2006 they went from 48 million to 178 million because of a solid drivers, operations folks and a great sales team. PJAX Freight was without question the most profitable entity in this now broke dick company. Pay raises every year for every single employee without having to ask for a raise. Raises were anywhere from 3% to 5% and they were automatic year after year. Do your job, do it well and the pay raise was there. The single biggest mistake Rick Gaetz made was buying Sierra West, the second biggest was buying Milan.

I totaly agree with you stunhsif been with company when we were driving double digit numbers.Ran 600 miles a night 5 to 6 days aweek for 13the years and the pay and benefits were close to industry standard intil just prior to the milan purchase.

I feel like making some enemies tonight. Vitran and PJAX both sucked the big hairy on before the "merger". Now together they suck a larger and hairier one.

Maybe back when trucks were double or single digits things were good but I have never seen those days. I hear ten to fifteen years ago Vitran was ok but not better than the big players.

However, I could not give two craps less about my home town or the high school I went to either. I guess loyalty to organizations is not my strong suit.