TForce | With the depressed economy how much more will you get?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
According to most news reports our nation is heading for a recession.
Add the the high cost of running a trucking company.
Given the high cost of all oil products it takes to run our equipment.

How much more than the current Indy contract do you think UPS is going to be willing to pay out?

For all of you that want more than Indys sub-par contract,what do you think UPS will give?

I'm asking what are the changes you'd like to see in the contract you want to have?

I'm just curous,snooping for answers to how the Indy contract can be improved?

And if so what are the chances you can get UPS to agree with everything?

According to most news reports our nation is heading for a recession.
Add the the high cost of running a trucking company.
Given the high cost of all oil products it takes to run our equipment.

How much more than the current Indy contract do you think UPS is going to be willing to pay out?

For all of you that want more than Indys sub-par contract,what do you think UPS will give?

I'm asking what are the changes you'd like to see in the contract you want to have?

I'm just curous,snooping for answers to how the Indy contract can be improved?

And if so what are the chances you can get UPS to agree with everything?
From what I have been told everyone will get the contract we have in Indy the only thing that will be differant will be the work rules UPS is not gonna give every terminal a new contract ,,I heard this straight from K. Hall & Jimmy H

From what I have been told everyone will get the contract we have in Indy the only thing that will be differant will be the work rules UPS is not gonna give every terminal a new contract ,,I heard this straight from K. Hall & Jimmy H
The Indy contract is the basic national contract that will be used for every terminal. We already have had a meeting and have rejected a few things and have added a few things. These "things" are what we are going to be negotiating. They will be the New England Supplimental if agreed upon by UPS. These "things" will only apply to our region. But as far as the national general work rules and policies, I could go from Boston to Seattle and those will be the ones we will all share.

Amazing you mean to say all the contract work rules will be the same for every unionized terminal in the UPS Freight system?

Well now who would have thought anybody could expect to see something like that in our company?

Gone will be the days each TM can make them to fit their operation.

The Indy contract is the basic national contract that will be used for every terminal. We already have had a meeting and have rejected a few things and have added a few things. These "things" are what we are going to be negotiating. They will be the New England Supplimental if agreed upon by UPS. These "things" will only apply to our region. But as far as the national general work rules and policies, I could go from Boston to Seattle and those will be the ones we will all share.

That is the jist of it...................

You mean you dont like it when your TM is telling you the rule of the day that is nowhere in writing and then tells you we cant put everything in a book.

So, if we want a bid on city routes we can get that in a regional work rule? And change the way they do vacation selection?

You mean you dont like it when your TM is telling you the rule of the day that is nowhere in writing and then tells you we cant put everything in a book.

Well yeah, we have talked about this a few times over the past year and 1\2. And I get the impression we will be showing him how to do it.

Where? Was it over dinner. Did you have them over for for the holidays? Did you meet them for a beer after work. Just curious....

This will come out soon as more of us talk to the organizers.

I don't think this is like parcel or nmfa where there is a national contract and the rest of us vote on suppliments.

Indy's contract s there contract with there "suppliments" already in there. I think we all will get somthing very smiliar.

This will come out soon as more of us talk to the organizers.

I don't think this is like parcel or nmfa where there is a national contract and the rest of us vote on suppliments.

Indy's contract s there contract with there "suppliments" already in there. I think we all will get somthing very smiliar.

Well again, the same applies, the rules INDY has in place is what you are getting, the suppliments is for your region, chance are everyone will be negotiating as a region, so there will be things in your region that may not apply too INDY, these will be your suppliments. This is what HUG is saying, if you read his post you would understand this. INDY'S contract was built from the top down for thier terminal, why would they need suppliments, for thier own contract? makes no scence.

A suppliment is a change in the original contract that will take presidance for your region. Over the original language in place.

We did have a meeting and again like the last meeting, this is what was explained to us. We are not making a brand new contract, we are simply adding suppliments. That is it. And what we do like will be transferred from the INDY contract to our's.

This contract is not bad for the first contract we have ever negotiated and it is better then the NMFA Too an extent.

All we are doing is tweaking it a bit. And that is upon agreement with UPS. We will start negotiating next week. And we have allready read the original at the hall.

And from the beginning these issues that are in the contract were the main issues that we wanted repaired. And now with a contract we all will be on the same page.:1036316054:

It seems backwards "for indy's contract to be indy's contract" but were gonna add suppliments to it.

I would think for there to be suppliments there would have to be a master. And there isn't one.

It seems backwards "for indy's contract to be indy's contract" but were gonna add suppliments to it.

I would think for there to be suppliments there would have to be a master. And there isn't one.

INDY'S Contract is the master or the base foundation for the rest of us to play with.