FedEx Freight | Word on the street, Ground will be running freights line haul!

Well….. what the #ell we’re going to run????
Ever thought that you may be pulling ground/express trailers out of a ground or express yard from time to time.
The growing pains of this will be horrific but in the long run, I think it will be beneficial to all.

Ground been pulling sets outta Memphis for year 1/2. See 1 or 2 a night. Yard dogs even break down sets they pull in and string new sets for them. They not on yard prob 15 -20 mins. Got badges that open gates now to. Which is new within last 2 weeks. We’re having call in to dispatch to get to open gate

Ground been pulling sets outta Memphis for year 1/2. See 1 or 2 a night. Yard dogs even break down sets they pull in and string new sets for them. They not on yard prob 15 -20 mins. Got badges that open gates now to. Which is new within last 2 weeks. We’re having call in to dispatch to get to open gate
Ive seen several ground trucks pulling fed ex freight trailers mixed with ground trailers all over TN.

I always wondered why UPS didn't implement something like this especially with many of their team trucks just hauling empties sometimes. UPS should have just promoted all UPS freight driver's to feeder driver payrate instead of selling to T-Force that was the main complaint from all their drivers at every Union meeting why aren't we all paid the same.

So if Ground guys are pulling our sets and we have double digit guys sitting home still and guys are on furlough why aren’t we all organizing. This is straight bull crap. Out of my big hub we only have 1 night ground guy coming in and swapping out one of their vans. No pulling sets so I can’t speak on it but if it’s happening all over TN why aren’t these guys doing something about it while we just starve out.

Here comes the big long timers backing up big ol FedEx’s decision

It’s been speculated for years now. When ground contractors are required to obtain hazmat endorsements that will probably be next.
GQ, Ground has been running 2 a sets a day from OKC to Phx for about 5 years now. On Ground trailers. I've helped them hook mtys in the yard and stripped the ground trailers myself on occasion. Also have worked a couple of peak periods for ground. There are no meetings with drivers per se. They might have meetings with the principals who are contractors but that's it. If you're interested in watching a Chinese fire drill, I suggest you drop into a Ground dispatch near you. Has to be seen to be believed.

So if Ground guys are pulling our sets and we have double digit guys sitting home still and guys are on furlough why aren’t we all organizing. This is straight bull crap. Out of my big hub we only have 1 night ground guy coming in and swapping out one of their vans. No pulling sets so I can’t speak on it but if it’s happening all over TN why aren’t these guys doing something about it while we just starve out.

No red circle protection like at Yellow, ABF or T-Force. A few times on the extra board I made $2000 gross sitting at home or only doing 1 or 2 trips for the week!

Because they are cowards! I'm watching them work 2 or 3 days a week. I work everyday. I made sure I bid something that wouldn't get canceled!

Instead of them being mad at company for running PT, rail, and Ground. They are mad at me for not taking off so they can work.

These SOB's got purple kool-aid IV's!

I'll drill on it again, the teamsters are a non-starter system wide. Highly unpopular.

Would have to go grassroots or somehow convince the pilots union.

Until everyone comes together and stands up not a thing will change. Road / City / Dock will continue to be at the mercy of a stock price. Corporate will throw some crumbs here and there but at the end of the day we are nothing but pawns. Until a voice for backing us those three parts of the company nothing will change. Why do you think they fought so hard the last time. It was the first time leadership was taken back. A lot of things were done just to get past a vote..... I have no clue why so many others don't see this.