FedEx Freight | Word on the street, Ground will be running freights line haul!

I always wondered why UPS didn't implement something like this especially with many of their team trucks just hauling empties sometimes. UPS should have just promoted all UPS freight driver's to feeder driver payrate instead of selling to T-Force that was the main complaint from all their drivers at every Union meeting why aren't we all paid the same.
Was told by a Dallas t force driver they didn't pull each others boxes was because of pintle hook height.

Was told by a Dallas t force driver they didn't pull each others boxes was because of pintle hook height.
Correct, ups freight and ups package didn’t share pups or dollys. But during peak season in December ups package would borrow every van we had, because freight is dead in December and they were at peak!

UPS package would also offer hours to work at package to ups Freight workers laid off in those months, again peak for them, dead for us.

Correct, ups freight and ups package didn’t share pups or dollys. But during peak season in December ups package would borrow every van we had, because freight is dead in December and they were at peak!

UPS package would also offer hours to work at package to ups Freight workers laid off in those months, again peak for them, dead for us.

FedEx Freight and FedEx Ground pups and dollies are also not compatible.

You sure about that? we used to loan them pups and vans when they were busy.

They got a bunch of nosestands from us.

You cannot attach a Freight dolly to a Ground pintle, or vice versa. The plunger is on the trailer on Freight pups, and it's on the dolly at Ground.

You could mix them, but only if the odd one was the rear. It's not very practical. When we haul for Ground, we have to use their dollies.

Ground runs a lot of single pups. Unless they borrowed dollies from you, too, I can't imagine they were running mixed sets, or sets with Freight pups at all.

You cannot attach a Freight dolly to a Ground pintle, or vice versa. The plunger is on the trailer on Freight pups, and it's on the dolly at Ground.

You could mix them, but only if the odd one was the rear. It's not very practical. When we haul for Ground, we have to use their dollies.

Ground runs a lot of single pups. Unless they borrowed dollies from you, too, I can't imagine they were running mixed sets, or sets with Freight pups at all.
They’ve been phasing in new pups at ground for a while now that are compatible with our dolly pool. It’ll all be interchangeable at some point in the future. Similar to how east and west did it.

I’ve used a ground dolly on a freight set before, but what do I know?

You do realize FXF has been doing power only work for FXG for years now on the linehaul side? We even deliver parcels out of our box trucks at some locations during peak with freight drivers. Did the UPSF drivers deliver parcels out of dock height box trucks during peak?

I posted about this a long time ago. You can use a ground dolly in any situation. Worse thing that happens is you have a locking plunger on both pup and dolly, no harm. But if using a freight gear, has to have a freight lead as there are no locking plungers on ground trailers. Just common sense, but I'm sure I'll be hearing differently from the crew that only knows one way. Enjoy