FedEx Freight | Worker Comp!

super trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I wanted to tell everyone about this.

In march of this year, I slipped and fell on some
ice at a customers. I tore my PCL & MCL in my right knee. I wanted to stay at work and keep doing my part, but the next morning I found out how sore the knee was!!!!! unable to really get around I called in and asked to take the day off. ( I did report the accident the day it happened) the NEW ccm told me that if I took the day off I had to go to the clinic! So, I ended up spending the next couple weeks at home. not until I demanded that the doctors do something to find out why I was in so much pain did they send me for an MRI. it showed that I tore the PCL & MCL. these tendons control squating and bending of your knee. Now I don't like knifes, especially onesw cutting on me! the doctor had said he could not fix the tendons that only a replacement could be done. But, that I could retrain my muscles to take over and avoid have surgery all together. Of coarse I liked the sound of that! But in the begining It Was tough exercsing when the knee hurt, and pushing through when I could barely stand on the knee!! I have now made it through to a point where I hope to return to work soon, tomorrow I return to the doctor to get his opinion.

I know you are thinking something like SO WHAT. but what I didn't tell you was Fedex Freight is being positive and supportive!! Jeanie in Harrison in the workers comp dept. never douting that I was hurt and allowing me to avoid surgery and go to physical therapy. She has been great through out the whole time.
this could have gone alot different.

we complain some much about the bad I just wanted to point out a positive,
mind you I have medical evidence to support my injuries. I would imagine a different out come for myself or any one else without the medical evidence.

Glad to hear they were being supportive, good luck during the recover and hope your back to work soon!

I feel your pain driver.i to have had knee replacement on both from a high school football injury.sucks in the winter, not trying to bum you out,just saying hang in there and i hope you are doing ok.be possitive.

I feel your pain driver.i to have had knee replacement on both from a high school football injury.sucks in the winter, not trying to bum you out,just saying hang in there and i hope you are doing ok.be possitive.

YEAH THANKS !!
its not the work comp dept yet,
but the center management that think they are doctors and complaining about the professional medical opinion that is making me better, just not as fast as they want.

not a good exper.

Not to be negative here but, here in Portland we had a local(p&d) driver get hurt real bad at work. He had his rib cage crushed and shoulder tore up. Well, he is now on food stamps and is in fear of losing his house because the carrier for west stopped paying him and wont pay his hospital bills. He was take off of the company property by amb. when his injury happen. They wont even return his calls. I told him to hire a lawyer and he finally has. I cant believe that this is happining to him.

Not to be negative here but, here in Portland we had a local(p&d) driver get hurt real bad at work. He had his rib cage crushed and shoulder tore up. Well, he is now on food stamps and is in fear of losing his house because the carrier for west stopped paying him and wont pay his hospital bills. He was take off of the company property by amb. when his injury happen. They wont even return his calls. I told him to hire a lawyer and he finally has. I cant believe that this is happining to him.
I understand your point driver! he needs a great lawyer to get his retirement check!

in the state that I live in the state will provide a lawyer for your workers comp case but only once per life time! they don't wan to be providing for the dishonest people that will sue many companies many times.

I hope you get better in the long run. I got hurt on the job and spent the next 18months on comp.Two things you will lose your insurance after six months and then you become a part time employee eligible for cobra. Do not trust the Fed Ex doctor Get a lawyer to protect yourself

Fed Ex will throw you away ?

gman;376487I hope you get better in the long run. I got hurt on the job and spent the next 18months on comp.Two things you will lose your insurance after six months and then you become a part time employee eligible for cobra. Do not trust the Fed Ex doctor Get a lawyer to protect yourself

Is this true the company that hurts you then throws you under the bus?

Can I ask what happened to you gman?

I hope you get better in the long run. I got hurt on the job and spent the next 18months on comp.Two things you will lose your insurance after six months and then you become a part time employee eligible for cobra. Do not trust the Fed Ex doctor Get a lawyer to protect yourself

Is this true the company that hurts you then throws you under the bus?

SMOKESTACK :1036316054:

Somehow that doesn't sound right.
How is the hurt employee on LTD supposse to pay for Cobra when he is not even working.
I think you could check with HR if you have time to set the record straight for everyone else.

:smilie_132:

Somehow that doesn't sound right.
How is the hurt employee on LTD supposse to pay for Cobra when he is not even working.
I think you could check with HR if you have time to set the record straight for everyone else.

You have already lost 1/3 of your wages and have not gotten any 401K match or contributions.

They don't care!!!!!!!!!!

It's like Punishment,loosing your Health Benefit's after 6-month's,,No contribution to 401k while on Work Comp,,,,Don't forget you have to pay for Cobra Health Insurance,if you want Health Care.

FEDEX FRT.EAST Say's People 1st,most companies have health coverage for at least a year if your out on work comp,all this company care's about is the bottom line PROFIT'S MONEY,Hell look how much Fred Smith take's home,how bout he give some back so we can afford health care.

FEDEX SAY'S IT CARE'S .....THAT'S JUST FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE AND HEAR...PUBLIC PERSONNA!!!!!!!!!!!

you all neeed to look out for number one and your number one .one you try to have surgery your on your own then it seems its not work related until you fight for it with a lawyer

Seriously people, if you hurt yourself at work, you need to document everything that occurs after the injury. That way, if you need to hire a lawyer, you'll have some documentation as to what the company did and said.

I think the original poster is getting positive "results" from HR because thearapy is MUCH cheaper than surgery. I can understand the fear of the knife, and the pushing through the pain to avoid surgery, which is fine, but I wouldn't take their "positive" attitude at face value. I'm quite sure that had you elected to have the surgery, it would be a very, very different vibe from HR.

You have to remember that if you are a "non-productive" employee, they want to do what they need to either get you back to work before you are ready, or cut you loose as soon as possible.

Never, never, never, ever go to the company doctor. They are paid to get you back to work ASAP regardless of your health. I think these doctors should lose their license to practice.

Take care of yourselves and document, document, document! This company counts on your passivity.

Never, never, never, ever go to the company doctor. They are paid to get you back to work ASAP regardless of your health. I think these doctors should lose their license to practice.

You must be talking about the malpractice that is performed on us by Concentra .