Estes | Working a extra day is back....

Had an Ops manager call and ask me If I wanted to start running on the weekends and that hasnt happened in a long long time so sumpin up.Grab it while ya can Barstow unless your one of those rich truck drivers like Mildew.

Had an Ops manager call and ask me If I wanted to start running on the weekends and that hasnt happened in a long long time so sumpin up.Grab it while ya can Barstow unless your one of those rich truck drivers like Mildew.
lol.. I'm married with children. No chance for me getting rich.

working extra

i may not be rich, but i dont see much profit in working extra , running a complete run and having most of it taken out in taxes to help some lazy bum that sits home and waits for a check every month.i like my family time more than i like money. any of you guys that are over extended in you r bills and need to work extra you can have it.

I have not seen an official notice like the one that was put up last year from J.J. Maybe its just being made mandatory in certain areas but nowhere I've been yet. Wouldn't be surprised though/ was out 14 days + got a call at home 22 hours into my restart. I took a few extra hours just for that. Let me know if its officially posted please.

Certain terminals are asking drivers to be ready on Sunday. Freight actually slowed down a little. They say its the "calm before the storm, its coming,it is coming! " those are the soft spoken words I heard that silenced the story telling geritol crew anxiously waiting for their bills in the breakroom. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i may not be rich, but i dont see much profit in working extra , running a complete run and having most of it taken out in taxes to help some lazy bum that sits home and waits for a check every month.i like my family time more than i like money. any of you guys that are over extended in you r bills and need to work extra you can have it.

That's the way I feel about it also.........

....but the "give me" crowd is sitting a home expecting their check from us working folks. They would like to see us start working extra