FedEx Freight | working christmas eve

Nobody has told us that but it wouldn't surprise me.

On the other hand, not many of our customers will likely be open much past noon - if at all.

What I wonder about is the following Monday.

Nobody has told us that but it wouldn't surprise me.

On the other hand, not many of our customers will likely be open much past noon - if at all.

What I wonder about is the following Monday.

I can just about guarantee the following Monday we will work but I thought we got paid for Christmas eve and Christmas day for holiday pay

they always say that we have to work , until they find out everything will be closed then they change there mind and decide to close

If anything they'll run a few skeleton crews like every year in the past. Handful of guys to cover last minute "just haffta get it there" deliveries.

Start at top of list asking for volunteers to work. My guess is anybody in top half of seniority won't have to work unless they want to. Christmas or New Years.

FedEx will make that call Dec 23rd if we work. If we do work you guys will be hauling reindeer poop.

I'll be on vacation from 12-20-10 to 12-3-11. One of the last remaining things we can use senority for. Happy Holidays TP

if they try to make us work christmas i will be sick, they already took new years eve away, enough is enough, i know i will get a smart remark from you liberals and greedy people out there, but there is such a thing as family, bring on the bashing

were not working xmas eve theyve only put out the thanksgiving schedule out a week ago. and new years eve they might run a skeleton crew because most places will be closed. so maybe run a few city guys to spot trailers. line drivers will be off because they dont want us driving with all the drunks

Bubba, Don't you remember last year? We DID work New Years Eve. I was told it worked out so well we WILL do it again. As far as the drunk factor our regional manager told us that "we are required to drive safely every night reguardless of conditions, you are supposed to be professionals"!