FedEx Freight | working christmas eve

were not working xmas eve theyve only put out the thanksgiving schedule out a week ago. and new years eve they might run a skeleton crew because most places will be closed. so maybe run a few city guys to spot trailers. line drivers will be off because they dont want us driving with all the drunks

I don't know if you were driving here last year, but we did run line haul operations on new years eve into new years morning. That's one night I spend with my significant other, and have for years. We get the same new years package every year, and this year won't be any different! I know not to many people working here have one, but I try to have a personal or social life away from work.

You can bet your sweet:eck13: you wont see Fred or any CCM's walking around on the dock that night.:1036316054:

You so hit the nail on the head, Guardrail. Decisions won't be made until Monday the week of Christmas. The supervisors will be polling the customers who are going to be open finding that many businesses will close and then they will operate with a skeleton crew if one at all. The following Monday will be business as usual.

I started just after the new year and at my old place upsf thats what they did. In our dispatchers office there is a calender and it shows that it is a holiday my only guess is because new years day is on saturday and they are observing it on friday. I guess we will find out real soon

go to corp web site,closings for each division is posted .so shippers can plan shipping,look and you will know

I bet there's people out there that now wish they had to work Christmas eve instead of being unemployed!!! It sucks, I know, but if I had a choice between no job and having to work CH Eve, I'll take the later.

go to corp web site,closings for each division is posted .so shippers can plan shipping,look and you will know

There's a little disclaimer underneath the chart concerning Freight and National. The customer is directed to call and find out their local center's schedule.

That suggests that our work schedule at each Center on the Monday after Christmas is not etched in stone. It will depend on how many local businesses will be open.

Some Centers may end up using a skeleton crew or be off altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
That will stink for the ones who can't get off especially if they got little kids. We have a driver who usually bids the week of Thanksgiving,Christmas and New Years. He didn't get to do that this year as he didn't have enough time built up but usually he can fanagle around this with our CSM and tell him he will take off without pay and this also will help the xtra board driver so he can work.

I've got that week off anyway, so I guess it it a mute point for me. It will mean an extra day of vacation.

I'm telling you, they have never announced a vacation work policy until a week or two before the actual day. Speculation about this is just that, speculation. This post has a 50% chance of guessing right and a 50% chance of being wrong. Don't hang your Christmas plans on what you read here.

but usually he can fanagle around this with our CSM and tell him he will take off without pay and this also will help the xtra board driver so he can work.

Hold it there driver! We are slower than crap right now. Dispatchers are sending out messages on a daily basis for people to take tomorrow off, but the disclaimer is YOU MUST USE VACATION/PERSONAL TIME! We used to take company convenience days without pay, but cannot do so any longer. Sorry about your luck bottom guys, but I am working now and taking time off during nice weather....you guys can sit at home with no pay and be thankful you work for such a great company!

Hold it there driver! We are slower than crap right now. Dispatchers are sending out messages on a daily basis for people to take tomorrow off, but the disclaimer is YOU MUST USE VACATION/PERSONAL TIME! We used to take company convenience days without pay, but cannot do so any longer. Sorry about your luck bottom guys, but I am working now and taking time off during nice weather....you guys can sit at home with no pay and be thankful you work for such a great company!

Since when are we not allowed to take time off without pay? I do it about once a week so that extra board guys can get a paycheck and I get to spend more time with my family. I can afford to take time off without pay so I do and nothing has been said.