ODFL | working for OD

Credits
I have a chance at a local city driver job with Old Dominion. How are they to work for?
How are the benefits?
What is the pay? ( I have lets say I have more than 15 years Exp with a clean CDL and all endorsements)

I am work out of KC so I do not know what it is like to work there. Top pay here is 21.03 or close to that and the benefits are good but not great. Someone will be along to tell you what it is like to work in NC. Good luck I like to work for OD it is a good company

Fair&Balanced said:
Does this company pay P&D drivers overtime after 40 hours?

From what I've heard, OD varies from region to region but 55-60 hours seems to be the magic number for when overtime kicks in.

If it's 60. I guess you could say they don;t pay overtime since nobody can work more than that.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong please

We log 70 hrs in 8 days. Not the 60 in 7 days. Every once in a while, our P&D drivers in Columbus do work over 60 hrs in a week. It doesn't happen to every driver, every week, but it does happen.

CFer said:
From what I've heard, OD varies from region to region but 55-60 hours seems to be the magic number for when overtime kicks in.

If it's 60. I guess you could say they don;t pay overtime since nobody can work more than that.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong please
I don't think they pay ot until after 60hrs.

It is probably a benifit to not get paid OT after 40 most companies will try their D***ist to keep you from getting OT anyway and that just hurts your bottom line at the end of the year. Anybody should be able to put in a 50 hour week without a problem.

Thanks Sparky

Letting me know how to get back on the Old Dominion highway again. Things are a little different aren't they. :duh:

Deerhunter1964 said:
Is there anyway I can get more info on OD

Guess all us linehaul drivers and old time city driver are not to informative.:tribehasspoken:
Seriously Deerhunter most of us here probably do not know all the exact details of newhires with OD it has been awhile since we started and things have changed. You might get some info at their website. You might consider applying and asking the manager that interviews you they are honest for the most part.

Welcome back in ozarkmutt yeah little different much the same.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the boards here.:wavey: I graduate driving school May 12. I went and talked to the terminal manager for OD in Charleston WV. He told me a soon as I have my school certificate to come and fill out the paperwork if I was interested in a job.

Is Charleston a busy terminal? He said he would be hiring, but not real specific on what type of job, I do see a lot of OD P&D trucks around, and of course I see a lot of doubles traveling down our interstates. I hope soon I will be able to call OD my new employer.

Welcome to the boards WV.
Charleston is not a real busy terminal compared to some. They hold their own, but they are not considered a major service center. They are kind of like a half way hub between Greensboro, NC and Columbus, OH.

I hope you get on and good luck when you do.

Thanks you guys for the welcome,:goodvibes: I hope things work out at OD.:Pick-Me: I learned a lot about them from another site, and would really like to go to work for OD. I have 0 tickets, 0 accidents, never in trouble with the law, and a stable work history (22 years in EMS with the same company) I know the OD web site said the school you attend must be accredited, mine is, and you must provide a transcript of your grades, I can (I have a 98% so far in the class) So I guess time will tell. I appreciate your support!:)