FedEx Freight | Working New Years Eve

It amazes me that our drivers forget why they make more than most people. You're a truck driver! I didn't get to kiss my wife on New Years eve for years! It's part of the gig. Some people aren't working at all. There are much more troubling things going on with this company than that. Purchase drivers even had to work.

Not the same!

This is what happens when working for corporate pigs! While we're working, the execs are home with their families getting lit up.... all while laughing at the decision they made to have us work tonight.

And the arguement that the hubs would be over loaded on Monday.... well, we had Thursday and Friday off last week. Monday was just fine. We ran a skeleton crew (at best) today in the city and made NO pickups! None, Nada, Zero!!! Everyone was either closed or closing at noon.

Why not allow us to run to the hub on Friday or Saturday night. This I think would be a good compromise.

Oh well, for a company that is so afraid of it's people organizing.... they're not doing a very good job at taking care of their people.... the same people that got them to where they are today.

I don't even get me started on the use of purchase trailers.... especially when they treat those drivers better than our own company drivers. It's really unbelievable to watch.

I would hope that our production at the hub tonight would be dismal.... like 2 BPH. What's the point in trying to get out early anyway.... the damage is done already by working us needlessly while the rest of the world celebrates in unison.:eck13:
Yes we wre off last thurs and Fri but you night guys still ran wed night to get frt to hub to get worked. What that guy was saying, city wouldhave picked up frt yesterday and not worked thurs night then city would have worked mon the 4th and two days worth of city on one hub night.

Is it that hard?

Yes we wre off last thurs and Fri but you night guys still ran wed night to get frt to hub to get worked. What that guy was saying, city wouldhave picked up frt yesterday and not worked thurs night then city would have worked mon the 4th and two days worth of city on one hub night.
To understand the concept of pt. Why would we run loaded trl's in one direction and run mt's back? I do AGREE with you thou on running hub on weekend. And also agree that in some circumstances that their decisions create disengaged employees.

And also,

To understand the concept of pt. Why would we run loaded trl's in one direction and run mt's back? I do AGREE with you thou on running hub on weekend. And also agree that in some circumstances that their decisions create disengaged employees.
on new years eve our city picked up 22 bills.

Well Said....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's our customers that expect their stuff to be where it's supposed to be when we promised to deliver it, no matter what sacrifices have to be made. Since we are in the business of satisfying them I think they come first.

roog

:thumbsup:roogie....Well said. Some people don't like change (me included) but Ive come to realize that with out change you'll get left behind and fade away.

There was a day that we (The Company) could tell the customer your frieght will arrive in 3 day's, but with the time's changing the way they are the customer has a bit more power now. So instead of 3 day delivery we have too do it in 2 day's no matter what change's have to be made.( EXAMPLE-Working New Year's Eve )

Change is not for everyone,But if you don't wanna be left behind, Then change is for the better.:shift:

I didn't like working last night,,,, BUT,,,, considering I could be unemployed , or working for alot less money,,,, I am doing what it takes to support my family. From what I saw at the hub I run to,,, it was a good thing we worked.... There was quite a bit of freight,,,, we at my center ran all bid runs plus an extra.... Hey,,, I like time off as much as anybody,,, more than some,,, but I think our company made the right decision,,,,,, We (the guy I run with) only had to get away from one drunk,,,,, he was sauced.....
In the long run,,,, I'm glad I work for a Strong company.... Do I agree with alot of things here ? NO .... But,,,, things change,,, not all for the best,,, (as far as the way we are treated), but,,, (ya I like butts) we are still here and strong.... Here's hoping for a good 2010 for all of us.... GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Why all the talk ? I was home with my family. You all had a choice too . Fed up or family? It was your choice. What will you help them (fedup) take from us next ? Happy new year.

loonacr ... I think you say (in the upper right hand corner of your thread) just about everything I need to know.. on one hand you talk about getting a life ... then ... well then ... the other

myself ...I'm not waiting to die ..I'm enjoying life to the max ...

I do apologize to you if you have a real terminal illness

Slackdragon , it's one thing we all have to do . Can't change it. So, in a one sense. We are all "waiting to die". So i question you. If you would allow me too . If you died today 01/01/10 what would your family rather had on 12/31/09.you working for fedup or you home with them ? If you think about it yes, i'am enjoying life. My way not the way a $ driven person at corporate wanted. That was home with their head in the toilet blowing chunks at midnight. He or she didn't care what it changed in our life.their's didn't change.. Fedup had many other opions to move the freight. Did anything deliver on 01/01/10 ? So then were not friday night/ saturday /sunday options ?

I didn't want to work last night either, in fact had been dreading it all week, got to rch and saw that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Got outta there at a decent time and back to the little women in a flash. Its like a friend said the other night," alot of people wished they had a job to go to tonight so quit your *****in." Needless to say I got the message.

Slackdragon , it's one thing we all have to do . Can't change it. So, in a one sense. We are all "waiting to die". So i question you. If you would allow me too . If you died today 01/01/10 what would your family rather had on 12/31/09.you working for fedup or you home with them ? If you think about it yes, i'am enjoying life. My way not the way a $ driven person at corporate wanted. That was home with their head in the toilet blowing chunks at midnight. He or she didn't care what it changed in our life.their's didn't change.. Fedup had many other opions to move the freight. Did anything deliver on 01/01/10 ? So then were not friday night/ saturday /sunday options ?

6 posts in three years and still full of hate. Truck driver CEO. By the way it's FedEx. If your fedup well you know.:Die:

6 posts in 3 yrs. Yes sir. Could it be what i still can't understand some of these people on here have so much brown (not ups brown) around their lips & they still can't smell all the fedup b.s. Fedup didn't thump their chest at a meeting (like they normally do ) with the return of the 401. They just sent a letter to our homes because most will not pay much attention to it or just throw it out. Many of you still don't know how much they lost in its (401)return. Fact is many still think they didn't loose with fedup's retirement package. It cost them less than adding to the then 401. 6 posts in 3 yrs. Ceo you say.no sir most of you run pretty good comedy club here.i like the foolishness i'll just sit back for another year & see what else they take & how you feel then . Bye.

No sir not in any sense am I waiting to die .... There is way to much life between now and then .... if its only 1 second ... or 45 more years which makes me a 100

good day to you

6 posts in 3 yrs. Yes sir. Could it be what i still can't understand some of these people on here have so much brown (not ups brown) around their lips & they still can't smell all the fedup b.s. Fedup didn't thump their chest at a meeting (like they normally do ) with the return of the 401. They just sent a letter to our homes because most will not pay much attention to it or just throw it out. Many of you still don't know how much they lost in its (401)return. Fact is many still think they didn't loose with fedup's retirement package. It cost them less than adding to the then 401. 6 posts in 3 yrs. Ceo you say.no sir most of you run pretty good comedy club here.i like the foolishness i'll just sit back for another year & see what else they take & how you feel then . Bye.

loonacr :clap:

2010 will be the year when many rich people will die, (whether they want to or not) because this will be the only year that we won't see an inheritance tax (better known as the death tax). In 2011 it goes back up to 55%.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

:beerchug:
I didn't like working last night,,,, BUT,,,, considering I could be unemployed , or working for alot less money,,,, I am doing what it takes to support my family. From what I saw at the hub I run to,,, it was a good thing we worked.... There was quite a bit of freight,,,, we at my center ran all bid runs plus an extra.... Hey,,, I like time off as much as anybody,,, more than some,,, but I think our company made the right decision,,,,,, We (the guy I run with) only had to get away from one drunk,,,,, he was sauced.....
In the long run,,,, I'm glad I work for a Strong company.... Do I agree with alot of things here ? NO .... But,,,, things change,,, not all for the best,,, (as far as the way we are treated), but,,, (ya I like butts) we are still here and strong.... Here's hoping for a good 2010 for all of us.... GOD BLESS AMERICA !
Great post,atleast you have a good job!Be glad you can work

People who believe the company owes them.

FedEx doesn't owe me anything. I am taking responsibility for my own retirement. The company sponsored 401k and pension are just bonus money to me. Came here 11 years ago just happy to have a job. Still feal the same today. Look around see anything better?

FedEx doesn't owe me anything. I am taking responsibility for my own retirement. The company sponsored 401k and pension are just bonus money to me. Came here 11 years ago just happy to have a job. Still feal the same today. Look around see anything better?

Ditto jinx40. I have had a lot of jobs in my time and despite all the changes, this is still the best job I have ever had. I will also say that I have spent more New Years Eves working than not. We need to remember that many people are working this New Years. Many of them far away from their loved ones. The brave men and women of our armed forces all do their jobs without *****in, maybe we should take a look around and realize just how good we have it. We may have to dodge the occasional drunk but we don't have to worry about IED's. :TR10driving03:

According to the Estes guys, their hub drivers had to work Fri night, when I was with fedex I can't ever remember not working new years eve...I worked new years eve at PFG, started at 0500 and didn't get back to the yard till 1800, its just a part of business, no big deal!!

I agree I cannot remember a New Years Eve that we did not work when it fell on a weekday . In fact we used to work Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving at Viking for several years even though both days were more of a skeleton crew but you had to take vacation to get paid for them

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's our customers that expect their stuff to be where it's supposed to be when we promised to deliver it, no matter what sacrifices have to be made. Since we are in the business of satisfying them I think they come first.

roog

As a driver who has seen our "brain trust" in the dispatch office tell me to leave a customers dock because I have been there too long. I can assure you that FedEx is NOT about the customer, it's about the NUMBERS. Always has always will be. Never forget it. This is AF anymore, remember?:TR10driving03: