Estes | working weekends

xhubdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
I cant believe we have to start working weekends, because this company cant figure out how to move five days worth of freight in five days. Maybe if we didnt sit around all week waiting when we should be moving freight. Im so glad that i wont be able to see my family anymore. Time to find another job,after just being here for five months.

I cant believe we have to start working weekends, because this company cant figure out how to move five days worth of freight in five days. Maybe if we didnt sit around all week waiting when we should be moving freight. Im so glad that i wont be able to see my family anymore. Time to find another job,after just being here for five months.
Too much freight is job security. If you quit and work for somebody else, you might find youself with 4 day weekends. I don't like working weekends either but I know the slow season is just ahead and it's only temporary. If they hire lots of drivers we will get plenty of football watching time. Take the good with the bad

you said it mildew...extra work is a blessing nowadays, think about all the unemployed people
i much rather help them cover the extra freight now, then for them to be forced to hire more drivers or outside carriers

must be a regional thing, nothing heard of up here in the midwest, for manditory weekends. just voluntary for now, all kinds of sign up sheets all around. that regional v-p out of minneapolis is pulling his hair out, trying to get a piece of the oil fields freight in north dakota, gold rush is on !!

Well you must be out of one of the Break bulk terminals cause where we are at we can't cover run, 4 got cancelled Friday and 2 last night.

this is not extra feight or just a temporary thing. this is my new schedule working every weekend, taking time away from my family.
In that case, I'm sorry to hear. Maybe you will get to bid on another shift in December

Well you must be out of one of the Break bulk terminals cause where we are at we can't cover run, 4 got cancelled Friday and 2 last night.
Dang, I guess it is getting to be that time. At least the senior guy gets to bump