FedEx Freight | worst night ever

Too Bad...

i had the worst night of driving it took me 8 hours to go 170 miles, it was a solid sheet of ice in indiana and ohio, i should have not went but i did, i get back to my yard and it is still ice jack knifed into the trailer tearing the faring off nothing i could do to stop, do you think i will get a chargeable? next time i will not go if i feel its unsafe fed ex will just have to find another way to move it or wait untill the next day

It is a shame that your dedication to the "purple promise" will go unseen for the sake of giving you a preventable. Next time, you will err' on the side of caution, and take care of you. Remember, you only loyalty stands with you and those who love you. But I will be a fellow FXF driver who thanks you for you dedication. Be safe out there.:waycool::thumbsup:

I have run chains over Vail with a standard 3 axle combination. That was bad enough. That would pretty treacherous with a single axle and a set.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I would imagine you would need to chain up a single axle well before you would a regular combination? In other words, the 3 axles would still be making it while the single is stuck.

Also, do you run X1 drives out there??

Do you remember C F pusher truck out that way some where? I retired from C F in 1998 so i didn't know about that truck but truck drivers story. BTW i'm one of oringal members on this board, i think it was 2002.