ODFL | Worst Yards/Facilities

There's no access (that I could find) at MIA either... I like the port-a-john idea. Added cost but better than peeing behind a trailer. Not that I've ever done that...

This thread actually made me think of something. I believe that OD terminals should at least have a portable toilet available if the terminal is dark or there's no access to a bathroom. Granted, the thought might be that a driver should take care of business on the road, but it would be a courtesy. There are dark terminals where you can't get into the building (e.g., BVT in Vermont). If it's gonna be dark and in the middle of nowhere, a porta pot would be nice.

At least with the GBO assistant terminal manager, he said that that drivers need to let them know of terminals like this and they'll work with the powers that be to make accommodations if at all possible. He'd said in a recent meeting when this was brought up that sometimes terminals are leased with odd stipulations on the contract that may prevent access by drivers 24/7. He didn't think it'd be a problem to work out portable facilities for drivers to take care of business. If you come across this issue I'd say get in touch with your manager and follow up from time to time to see if they work something out with the TM of the terminal in question.

At least with the GBO assistant terminal manager, he said that that drivers need to let them know of terminals like this and they'll work with the powers that be to make accommodations if at all possible. He'd said in a recent meeting when this was brought up that sometimes terminals are leased with odd stipulations on the contract that may prevent access by drivers 24/7. He didn't think it'd be a problem to work out portable facilities for drivers to take care of business. If you come across this issue I'd say get in touch with your manager and follow up from time to time to see if they work something out with the TM of the terminal in question.
I made the suggestion several year's ago to mark on route guide bathroom ,etc avaliability's on weekend's,etc.

I made the suggestion several year's ago to mark on route guide bathroom ,etc avaliability's on weekend's,etc.

I have some ideas for organizing/updating route guides as well. If I ever find myself worthy again to be graced by your presence, maybe we can share notes... Or you can give me a ride in one of those KW's!

I have some ideas for organizing/updating route guides as well. If I ever find myself worthy again to be graced by your presence, maybe we can share notes... Or you can give me a ride in one of those KW's!
I'm just another city driver.Nothing special here:479::bowdown::wavey:

WPB is super cramped and way too small for what we do out of there. Hardly enough room to turn around with a single pup. ORL takes forever to get to on city streets if coming in from I4.

LFT is a hole, dirt lot and it rains a lot there, and no access to bathrooms at night.

ABQ used to suck royally, but haven't been there since they moved.

Getting to DAL will rattle the filings out of your head!

CHI, not enough words to express my detestation

LOU and CRW are in really bad neighborhoods with tight turns.

MRT is great, super organized and well laid out. KCY, STL, SPM, DSM and IND are some of my favorites to go to.
:usa2: You forgot to put Atlanta Term. on your list, lighting, pot holes, fuel pumps down all the time and :censored: hole drivers room.:smilie93c peelout:Keep on Trucking :usa:

I guess so... Spent the last 2 nights in PAR and haven't seen him... Course I don't know what he looks like either... I'm in SPM taking a restart at my mom n dads right now...
You're down in my neck of the woods. I spend a lot of time at PAR. Usually start there. This week, I've been bouncing around JKN, MFS, and NSH. Gonna try and get to SPM out of MFS tonight to get home. Lucked out, I think. Been nice down here. Plus, I got some fresh crawfish. Deeeeelishious[emoji1]
d3cb181759255796d829e75786e4647e.jpg

Last edited:
Lol. I was at a rest area between JKN and MFS earlier. Just got to MFS. Now, I'm Sitting at MFS waiting on an LRA trailer. Guess I'll go over there, come back here and hit the motel. Home tomorrow, I guess.

Well, in 06 this thread would have been reversed. Name the terminals not crap holes. Especially during the massive growth and buyouts. Most of the terminals with mud lots and tip over trailer/rub tractor under carriage pot/sink holes are gone. CHI restrooms were always nasty. Issue at a lot of locations is overgrowth for facilities built/purchased in last few years.

This thread actually made me think of something. I believe that OD terminals should at least have a portable toilet available if the terminal is dark or there's no access to a bathroom. Granted, the thought might be that a driver should take care of business on the road, but it would be a courtesy. There are dark terminals where you can't get into the building (e.g., BVT in Vermont). If it's gonna be dark and in the middle of nowhere, a porta pot would be nice.
I don't know trucker. Imagine sitting in a dark port a potty and the door shut. You hear something outside at a lot that is less than safe and now you cannot see anything and your pants are down? YEA, it might scare the :::shit::: out of you. Been to many of those myself.