Would this be a preventable???

How can this be a chargeable?
You see water in the road,who would ever expect the puddle was that deep?

capt.4f8d2f9743074729aaca7bac51441451.aptopix_sinkhole_la103.jpg

After all there are curbs on both side of the road indicating a road is there,not a lake.
Given my many years as a trucker I have to say this is a non-chargeable.

It may be a chargeable,,, after all isn't the fire dept's putting out the flood warnings about driving through water....:shock:

I know it wasn't a flood but it was water ,and they definantly didn't know deep it was.

If you look closely at the road. It has obviously needed major repairs in that section. Thus proving it is partially unstable.

How can this be a chargeable?
You see water in the road,who would ever expect the puddle was that deep?

capt.4f8d2f9743074729aaca7bac51441451.aptopix_sinkhole_la103.jpg

After all there are curbs on both side of the road indicating a road is there,not a lake.
Given my many years as a trucker I have to say this is a non-chargeable.

The good news is NO one was hurt.

I agree. If there is such a thing as preventable and non preventable for this incident, I would definitely rule it non-preventable.

It wasn't a puddle they driving over and fell into. It was a sink hole that engulfed the fire truck.
At the time, fire fighters were responding to a call about flooding on a residential street. Upon further assessment of the area, they felt the ground was unstable and decided to back-up the 22 ton fire truck when all of a sudden the road collapsed due to the broken water main.

firesinklead.jpg

[YT]A0hOjXUbmw4[/YT]

[YT]3DP3NYSFkrM[/YT]

[YT]Mw1L2HVjR5I[/YT]