FedEx Freight | Would You Recommend This Job To a Close Friend?

Would I reccomend this job to a friend? That depends on the friend. I have friends that would like what we do here, and I have friends that couldn't stand it. FedEx Freight isn't a perfect fit for every truck driver. I've seen a lot of people come and go over the years.
What I can't understand is why people that hate what they are doing so much keep hanging on and making themselves and those around them miserable. Life is too short! Don't waste it complaining about your job!

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. Unless of course you like the feeling of riding a roller coaster of ups and down that makes you feel nauseous, and putting up with unrealistic expectations. :hide:

The way the economy is now, I would not. If it picks up, I still would be leery of it. I'm at a small center and if your a bottom guy, your screwed. Guys with more seniority can armchair quaterback the outbound freight all they want to. a few are damn good at it, and others.. well, not so much. Bottom line is that we need more bussiness. Our compitition blows us away. They move between 80,000-110,000 lbs. per night. We if were lucky, I mean really lucky, move maybe just about half that amount. They cover that same area as us, with more drivers, same stops (basicly), and this is what we get to deal with. The feeling that no one (other than the person stareing you in the mirror) really gives a damn. Oh sure we can all talk the rah-rah-rah of were number one, but I ask you this: Are we really? I try my damndest at every stop. I do what ever it takes (within reason)to get my job done, and it don't seem to matter.