R&L | Write Ups !!!!

R&L_PHI

TB Lurker
Credits
Is every terminal way out of control with write ups? They are really reaching for things to write people up about. We are so busy yet,people are getting written up for the stupidest things. Just wondering if this is a company wide thing or it's just happening at our overmanaged terminal.

It must be a company wide thing. Here in Memphis any and everything they can write you up for they are doing, only the drivers not the dock workers. Our dock is so screwed up that if they did write up everybody we would have no dock workers.

We have also been out of control with the writeups.. Mostly on the MDT's,
Why did you push the buttons too much?
Why didn't you didn't push the buttons enough?

lol

Is every terminal way out of control with write ups? They are really reaching for things to write people up about. We are so busy yet,people are getting written up for the stupidest things. Just wondering if this is a company wide thing or it's just happening at our overmanaged terminal.

What kind of stupid things are people getting written up about ? I haven't heard of any more write ups than usual at my terminal. Occasionally someone gets written up about something, I don't think it is out of control. Of couse, people may be getting written up, and just not talking about it, so then of couse I wouldn't know about it... Hope it gets better at your terminal...

It must be a company wide thing. Here in Memphis any and everything they can write you up for they are doing, only the drivers not the dock workers. Our dock is so screwed up that if they did write up everybody we would have no dock workers.

Is is company wide. Someone gets a power trip it goes to his head. That's what happens when you work for a nonunion company.

I'm so tired of doing write-ups on a daily basis!! I can see having a driver or dockworker sign a payroll action sheet for something like frt comming back damaged or being hit with a claim because a pc of frt wasn't properly blocked & braced, or having a misload due to not checking the address and just going by the pro #. Both of which are signs of workers being lazy but in Philly it's taken to another level. No mistakes allowed...say you load a pc of frt, all of the pro stickers are used up and you have to write in the number on accident you switch around the last two numbers and the computer does not take it. That pro shows on the Frt Not Out-Bounded report. You know right where the frt went to but need to write the guy up since it will show as a write-on at the next terminal.
No mistakes allowed. Somewhere along the line I think upper managment forgot what we were hired to do. Move the frt!!

I'm so tired of doing write-ups on a daily basis!!

You mean unlike terminal managers you don't get off on it?

I can see having a driver or dockworker sign a payroll action sheet for something like frt comming back damaged or being hit with a claim because a pc of frt wasn't properly blocked & braced, or having a misload due to not checking the address and just going by the pro #

Sometimes you have to go by just the pro, like with engines that don't have labels.

Both of which are signs of workers being lazy

Or just morons...

You know right where the frt went to but need to write the guy up since it will show as a write-on at the next terminal.
Now let me ask you this. Does pressure come from corporate for you to do that since they see your reports, or is it just your TM on a power trip?

Somewhere along the line I think upper managment forgot what we were hired to do. Move the frt!!

No argument there.

You mean unlike terminal managers you don't get off on it?

Sometimes you have to go by just the pro, like with engines that don't have labels.

Or just morons...

Now let me ask you this. Does pressure come from corporate for you to do that since they see your reports, or is it just your TM on a power trip?

No argument there.

VERY WELL PUT THERE:1036316054:

sign a payroll action sheet for something like frt comming back damaged or being hit with a claim
What the heck is a payroll action sheet????? If R&L thinks they will deduct money from my check for a claim they are sadly mistaken...... It's not my freight!!! I just haul it.. I can't help they hire people with no dock experience...... We just train dock workers for other freight companies:hysterical:

What the heck is a payroll action sheet????? If R&L thinks they will deduct money from my check for a claim they are sadly mistaken...... It's not my freight!!! I just haul it.. I can't help they hire people with no dock experience...... We just train dock workers for other freight companies:hysterical:

HA HA HA HA
:1036316054:

Payroll Action sheet is just another name for a write-up. From what I see the only time directors get involved (bob) or say the vice president (jay) is if another TM has a problem with the way something was loaded into their terminal. I'm pretty sure out of all the reports I do per night the only thing that they look at is the Out-Bound Summary report. This is to just check on how the shift loaded the frt for the night Ie. headloads, directs, & are we keeping linehauls costs at a minimum. All other reports are soely looked at by the TM. So as far as missed stickers, clocking in 1 minute late, not writting unprotected frt on the BOL or DR everything that we should do but is not life or death will need a write-up for the terminal manager.

Well looks like i will get a write up on monday for a return.What can you do when you have to unload a 3,000 lb skid of wood floor becouse you liftgate blows hydro all over the ground.And it takes a hour and half to do.That is well maintained liftgates:soapbox:

Come on 2nd shift, you mean you couldn't hand unload that pallet of wood flooring?
3,000lbs divided by say what 50 boxes....that's only like 60lbs per box. HEHE
I wouldn't do it either!! Tomorrows another day and the customer still needs their frt so it won't kill them to wait another 24hrs. Live to work another day.
Later....

Come on 2nd shift, you mean you couldn't hand unload that pallet of wood flooring?
3,000lbs divided by say what 50 boxes....that's only like 60lbs per box. HEHE
I wouldn't do it either!! Tomorrows another day and the customer still needs their frt so it won't kill them to wait another 24hrs. Live to work another day.
Later....

Remember we are as good as our last stop.:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

I guess they are still doing those write ups. I worked there 7 years ago for a month and I quit and told the manager he can stick it up his *ss. I got wrote up 3 times for not putting tc on my log book for tire check. The manager threaten to terminate me so I told him to shove that write up where the sun doesn't shine.