XPO | XCO safestack gestapo

bottomfdrking

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm tired need to go to bed just wandering no one else has a problem with our dsr dock cops how were they chosen is it the right thing to do or another brilliant ploy by management to divide us and keep you hating and resenting each other..it just dosent feel right we have to many fos's and fom's as it is why cat they be held responsible and for god sakes earn their money dont get me wrong i respect the lead trainer and shouldnt hav referred to him as a rat but i think its wrong and a horrible waste of money unless we layoff a couple of fos's

I don't have a problem per say. I am ok with how I load trailers. This is the way they think they can kill the whole union thing. They are cracking down and putting fear into the guys that still haven't made a decision. They know they can't close the place, but they can put the clamps on. All you have to do is look at that board next to the time clock for the answer as to how they are chosen. One of the "drivers trainers" hasn't been in a truck in 4 years, but he is going to ride with other drivers and tell them what they are doing wrong? The group that management trusts is very small. All they are doing is opening drivers eyes as to why we need representation. We can put a stop to all of this. Come see me. I'd be glad to talk to you. Seriously.

I don't have a problem per say. I am ok with how I load trailers. This is the way they think they can kill the whole union thing. They are cracking down and putting fear into the guys that still haven't made a decision. They know they can't close the place, but they can put the clamps on. All you have to do is look at that board next to the time clock for the answer as to how they are chosen. One of the "drivers trainers" hasn't been in a truck in 4 years, but he is going to ride with other drivers and tell them what they are doing wrong? The group that management trusts is very small. All they are doing is opening drivers eyes as to why we need representation. We can put a stop to all of this. Come see me. I'd be glad to talk to you. Seriously.

well i think the company is helping your cause i havent been on board and i load correctly but everyone knows you sometimes hav to push the limits and if someone is careful or uses longforks ther wont b damage i dont want some incompitent or lazy slob damaging what i load and having one of their buddies get me a letter i didnt want union but since i do handle a lot of freight i think the card is getting mailed tonight

well i think the company is helping your cause i havent been on board and i load correctly but everyone knows you sometimes hav to push the limits and if someone is careful or uses longforks ther wont b damage i dont want some incompitent or lazy slob damaging what i load and having one of their buddies get me a letter i didnt want union but since i do handle a lot of freight i think the card is getting mailed tonight
unfortunately as it stands now the more freight you handle the more likely you are to get caught up in some BS. No guarantees that freight will stay where and how you left it with all this progressive loading non sense they started a few years ago. In my opinion it's another example of folks that have little to no experiance making decisions. I assume the plan is to fire as many as possible and hope to catch enough supporters in the net to stop the mutiny lol. Very troubling to me how things seem to be getting handled. Once again to the disdain of others I will say it. If they had chosen to do the right thing they wouldn't be having labor unrest,but alas you are expendable,easily replaced and aren't worth what you get.

Last edited by a moderator:

SafeStack mentoring and Driver Trainers. This is part of what is changing within the company. Peer to peer presentation. Hourly employees, drivers, getting involved in changing the company. So should we, should you at XCO just accept poorly loaded inbound trailers? Drivers have been frustrated for a long time that nothing ever changed and no one was held accountable for poor loading practices. Now change is here, mentoring will occur on the dock and accountability will be part of the day-to-day operations. So this is another scare tactic? Come see you to put a stop to an improved working environment? If we can't haul the freight delivering on-time, fast, and exception free, how will your organizing efforts improve the performance of your fellow XCO drivers? And safety... a driver trainer's job is to conduct re-training to address occurrences. Once again, these initiatives by your employer have only been created to address the organizing efforts in XCO? What pro-active efforts are you selling in regards to safety within your organizing campaign?

You have lost your focus on true north. You have slid down that slippery slope of fear mongering yourself. Focus on your wages, your benefits, your job security. Continue to sell common sense and leave the emotions to the keyboard masturbaters that are riding on your coat tails. As I have posted from day one of this, emotions get cards signed, common sense gets votes. Check the statistics, the majority want to work for a great company. We have left yesterday and it's methods to build toward the status of being the best in the business once again. But that means we all must perform at our best.

So what are you working toward? Being a great employee working for a great company and being properly compensated for your efforts? Or, will the success of your employment be measured primarily by the strength of your connection to the brotherhood and their success in negotiating your belief of fair and proper compensation? At the end of the day where does job performance fit into your vision?

so with this safestack if merdock loads the freight it comes to my sc I run a fork into it I write it up merdock gets the loi ???????

so with this safestack if merdock loads the freight it comes to my sc I run a fork into it I write it up merdock gets the loi ???????
yep, thats what i got from the training, or you load the frt. someone else comes along moves it around and damages it and you get the loi. conway management thinks drivers are a dime a dozen. and their right, schools are putting out drivers everyday. BUT a good qualified frt. person is hard to find. and it takes years to become experienced in the frt. business. they have not considered that!!!

SafeStack mentoring and Driver Trainers. This is part of what is changing within the company. Peer to peer presentation. Hourly employees, drivers, getting involved in changing the company. So should we, should you at XCO just accept poorly loaded inbound trailers? Drivers have been frustrated for a long time that nothing ever changed and no one was held accountable for poor loading practices. Now change is here, mentoring will occur on the dock and accountability will be part of the day-to-day operations. So this is another scare tactic? Come see you to put a stop to an improved working environment? If we can't haul the freight delivering on-time, fast, and exception free, how will your organizing efforts improve the performance of your fellow XCO drivers? And safety... a driver trainer's job is to conduct re-training to address occurrences. Once again, these initiatives by your employer have only been created to address the organizing efforts in XCO? What pro-active efforts are you selling in regards to safety within your organizing campaign?

You have lost your focus on true north. You have slid down that slippery slope of fear mongering yourself. Focus on your wages, your benefits, your job security. Continue to sell common sense and leave the emotions to the keyboard masturbaters that are riding on your coat tails. As I have posted from day one of this, emotions get cards signed, common sense gets votes. Check the statistics, the majority want to work for a great company. We have left yesterday and it's methods to build toward the status of being the best in the business once again. But that means we all must perform at our best.

So what are you working toward? Being a great employee working for a great company and being properly compensated for your efforts? Or, will the success of your employment be measured primarily by the strength of your connection to the brotherhood and their success in negotiating your belief of fair and proper compensation? At the end of the day where does job performance fit into your vision?

Merdock, why did our wonderful managers decide to fix what wasn't broke?
I'm talking 25+, 20+, 15+, 10+ years ago.
The company/companies made plenty of money and then we get all of these micro-managing idiots come in and start changing crap that doesn't need to be changed.
WHY!! Why must we now keep trying to repair all of the f-ups that our "great, sincere, concerned, knowledgeable" full of sh!t managers keep screwing up?
It has gotten to the point to where I can really care less if this company survives or not!
I have 25+ years in and at least another 7-8 years before I became eligible to retire!
But I don't care anymore!
While I'm still employed here I will still give 100 % once I walk through that gate and punch in.
And I will do it better than 99 % of my fellow workers.
But I can honestly say, I hope this company goes out of business and leaves the dildo's we have running this abortion out of a job.
The freight that we haul will go somewhere and they will need drivers and dockworkers and mechanics and CSR's.
And those companies will be hiring former Con-way employees because we are some of the best in the industry hands-down.
But our leadership (term used lightly) is horrible.
Our Board of Directors are horrible.
And it will be them that forces this once great company to close-up!
I can go to sleep every night knowing that I gave my best and did not intentionally try to screw over or step on the toes of my fellow workers.
Like some have said about the demise of our pension, "you should have planned better or had a back-up plan."
It is those same people, and the rest of us too, you better have a back-up plan. Because Con-way will not exist much longer with the direction we're headed!

Peer to peer presentation? How is having a guy that has been here 5 years with the last 4 spent on the dock because of accidents in his first year. Has NOT been in a truck in 4 years!!! How is he at all qualified to critique anybody on how they drive? I know, we were told there was a long list of drivers nominated for the trainer spots and there were interviews conducted to determine who the best were. BS!!!! You should learn what mentoring means.

There was not much of a selection process in my house. They asked a few guys and got a couple with less than a year and a couple at around the 4 year mark. No driver with 10+ years was even asked that I know of. Driver trainers haven't done any other than counseling accidents. Noobs get sent with randomly selected drivers still.

Mentors,give me a break,what about fos's,thats right I forgot they dont know how to load freight either!!! If this company would truly go back to the basics and quit tripping over a 100 to save a dime we'd be okay.

That is exactly what happens. Have had 4, yes, count them 4 notes to my file for damaged freight that I DID NOT damage. All of them since Mobile SCO.
And there is NOTHING I can do about it!!!!!

They want to get back to basics and I couldn't agree more. We need freight people running this company instead of guys and gals who haven't a clue other than they know this is like having your own personal ATM. We are being taken advantage of. It's as simple as that. Myself and a great many dare I say most here among us are sick of it all. I know I know if I don't like it quit. No one should be told that just because the corporation is more interested in finding ways to cut our compensation in order to benefit themselves. We held up our end of the deal. They haven't.

driver last brought up a point...if your a jr -5 year driver and your given this special new position to correct mostly senior drivers wouldnt you make sure you found plenty of issues to validate your new job the one guy is gunho im sure he's anxious to prove he is a good little soldier and sir wrecks alot or should i call him the forklift assassin probably doesnt want to have to handle freight and actually work.only one i trust is the guy who loaded the coldwater lane i misspoke about him in a earlier post. bottom line management can do their job and we do ours give fos's extra training if they need it. well like he said last night if your given that job your not gonna say hey boss guys are doing great put me back to work their personal success is based on your failure. nobodyinparticular thanks for the message i will get with u and you can let me know best time to call

I'm tired need to go to bed just wandering no one else has a problem with our dsr dock cops how were they chosen is it the right thing to do or another brilliant ploy by management to divide us and keep you hating and resenting each other..it just dosent feel right we have to many fos's and fom's as it is why cat they be held responsible and for god sakes earn their money dont get me wrong i respect the lead trainer and shouldnt hav referred to him as a rat but i think its wrong and a horrible waste of money unless we layoff a couple of fos's

A Safe-stack supervisor? (or whatever he's called???)...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Finally we agree bottomfdrking: I also see this as the old Napoleon "divide and conquer" strategy. Hopefully all of you at XCO can see through what's going on. We're a smaller terminal here out West, so there's not really a possibility of them appointing one of those positions here.

Welcome aboard bottomfdr! These Mobile SCO hand-helds are 'dangerous' machines!! Their "Orwellian" capabilities are frightening! An example would be the GPS tracking capabilities they have. Several weeks ago I stopped at a Rest Area along an Interstate to take a pee. When I returned to the terminal, an FOS asked me why I had stopped for a couple of minutes at such-and-such location. I said, "for crying out loud...I had to take a fookin' pee!" What bugs me is he just popped off and was very accusatory with that remark. Had we had Union representation, I would've remarked, "why don't you ask my Union rep what I was doing there!" Granted, that wreaks of the frivolousness you spoke of in some of your earlier posts, but he has NO reason to ask a question like that AT ALL..Union or not! Also, does anybody know if the hand-helds are still 'trackable' if you take the battery out????? Would LOVE to know!!

ha ha damn it! Long time ago I had an FOS try to give me an LOI because I wasn't 25-30 min ahead of my arrival time. I punched with time to spare but he just had to show everyone who was in charge. After a short heated discussion I told him go ahead write me up I'll see to it I'm the last person you harass here cause it's going to cost you your job. I won he backed off but thats the kind of garbage we have to put up with. Fortunately for me and the company he got canned a few months later for yep you guessed it....being a douche

ha ha damn it! Long time ago I had an FOS try to give me an LOI because I wasn't 25-30 min ahead of my arrival time. I punched with time to spare but he just had to show everyone who was in charge. After a short heated discussion I told him go ahead write me up I'll see to it I'm the last person you harass here cause it's going to cost you your job. I won he backed off but thats the kind of garbage we have to put up with. Fortunately for me and the company he got canned a few months later for yep you guessed it....being a douche

Great story, blue!! Karma..what a wonderful thing! Or, if you want to get Biblical, "Vengeance is mine (sayeth the Lord) O ye generation of vipers!"

Welcome aboard bottomfdr! These Mobile SCO hand-helds are 'dangerous' machines!! Their "Orwellian" capabilities are frightening! An example would be the GPS tracking capabilities they have. Several weeks ago I stopped at a Rest Area along an Interstate to take a pee. When I returned to the terminal, an FOS asked me why I had stopped for a couple of minutes at such-and-such location. I said, "for crying out loud...I had to take a fookin' pee!" What bugs me is he just popped off and was very accusatory with that remark. Had we had Union representation, I would've remarked, "why don't you ask my Union rep what I was doing there!" Granted, that wreaks of the frivolousness you spoke of in some of your earlier posts, but he has NO reason to ask a question like that AT ALL..Union or not! Also, does anybody know if the hand-helds are still 'trackable' if you take the battery out????? Would LOVE to know!!

Am I missing something here? You were asked why you stopped, you answered with the reason. Why do you feel you needed a union rep? Other than holding it for you, what purpose would he have served?

Far as I know no they are not trackable, but it does tip them off that you tampered with the handheld. We have been warned about turning them off to stop from being tracked.