XPO | XCO safestack gestapo

Am I missing something here? You were asked why you stopped, you answered with the reason. Why do you feel you needed a union rep? Other than holding it for you, what purpose would he have served?
My point was, why even ASK a question like that..other than to obviously state that I was being tracked? If I had some mechanical trouble, or was stopped by a law officer, I would've phoned in immediately, and they know that. We're all adults here..we don't need somebody monitoring us every single second of our work day. What's next..taking the hand-held into the the john to photograph my unit so I can actually PROVE I was taking a pee? Nonsense! It's just another form of employer harassment...another example of how much control they want to have over our lives. I can guarantee you, this crap will NOT happen in a Union shop.

Far as I know no they are not trackable, but it does tip them off that you tampered with the handheld. We have been warned about turning them off to stop from being tracked.

Thanks, NBIP! I have trouble with my hand-held freezing up all the time..and sometimes I actually have to go as far as to take the battery out. Anyway, that gives me something to ponder...LOL!!!

Far as I know no they are not trackable, but it does tip them off that you tampered with the handheld. We have been warned about turning them off to stop from being tracked.

Thanks, NBIP! I have trouble with my hand-held freezing up all the time..and sometimes I actually have to go as far as to take the battery out. Anyway, that gives me something to ponder...LOL!!!

My point was, why even ASK a question like that..other than to obviously state that I was being tracked? If I had some mechanical trouble, or was stopped by a law officer, I would've phoned in immediately, and they know that. We're all adults here..we don't need somebody monitoring us every single second of our work day. What's next..taking the hand-held into the the john to photograph my unit so I can actually PROVE I was taking a pee? Nonsense! It's just another form of employer harassment...another example of how much control they want to have over our lives. I can guarantee you, this crap will NOT happen in a Union shop.
This type of harassment is to make us feel less as a human and more as a conway robot to bow down to their authority. Im not buying in to the lies anymore. I know how to block and brace freight too. So try and write me up. I laugh at the safe stack expert with his dumb vest. Any true freight man doesnt need safe stack. Dunnage, pallets, and a brain and we will go high and tight with 0 claims. Keep training the revolving door employees safe stack man. This place is a joke.SIGN THE CARDS!!!!!!!!

:butt kiss:kiss my ass i would like to give a test to there so called driver trainer what a joke ass suckers is what they are we have a few of them at are barn

The First Moron That Loves to Rat Gets the Job

Peer to peer presentation? How is having a guy that has been here 5 years with the last 4 spent on the dock because of accidents in his first year. Has NOT been in a truck in 4 years!!! How is he at all qualified to critique anybody on how they drive? I know, we were told there was a long list of drivers nominated for the trainer spots and there were interviews conducted to determine who the best were. BS!!!! You should learn what mentoring means.

Here's two examples from our barn. First one is a driver trainer/safestack expert. He came from truckload so maybe he knows how to drive. After about 5 months in frt he became a safestack expert, trust me he doesn't have a clue about frt. He walks around all night filling out load reports, complaining that no one respects him. hmmmm wonder why? I have had the pleasure of working inbound with him and he has no business on a lift, let alone training people on them.

Second, we have another driver trainer that has two tickets in the last year for of all things, seat belt violations. One day I passed him on the freeway, I mean flew by him in a 60 mph zone. When he gets back to the terminal he comes up to me and says wow you really flew by me how fast were you going. Just shook my head and said I work for CWF how fast do you think I was going and walked away.

Sad part is this is the kind of relationships mgmt wants us to have, makes them more powerful. :argue:

SafeStack mentoring and Driver Trainers. This is part of what is changing within the company. Peer to peer presentation. Hourly employees, drivers, getting involved in changing the company. So should we, should you at XCO just accept poorly loaded inbound trailers? Drivers have been frustrated for a long time that nothing ever changed and no one was held accountable for poor loading practices. Now change is here, mentoring will occur on the dock and accountability will be part of the day-to-day operations. So this is another scare tactic? Come see you to put a stop to an improved working environment? If we can't haul the freight delivering on-time, fast, and exception free, how will your organizing efforts improve the performance of your fellow XCO drivers? And safety... a driver trainer's job is to conduct re-training to address occurrences. Once again, these initiatives by your employer have only been created to address the organizing efforts in XCO? What pro-active efforts are you selling in regards to safety within your organizing campaign?

You have lost your focus on true north. You have slid down that slippery slope of fear mongering yourself. Focus on your wages, your benefits, your job security. Continue to sell common sense and leave the emotions to the keyboard masturbaters that are riding on your coat tails. As I have posted from day one of this, emotions get cards signed, common sense gets votes. Check the statistics, the majority want to work for a great company. We have left yesterday and it's methods to build toward the status of being the best in the business once again. But that means we all must perform at our best.

So what are you working toward? Being a great employee working for a great company and being properly compensated for your efforts? Or, will the success of your employment be measured primarily by the strength of your connection to the brotherhood and their success in negotiating your belief of fair and proper compensation? At the end of the day where does job performance fit into your vision?
a
lot of the guys i recently discovered that support are all about "'job performance"' and leading by example we would be less without them i never would hav guessed that they were disgruntled based on their work effort.this is what should be rewarded and cultivated.where does that fit into the company's vision. all the co is growing now is stress.

And I will guarantee it will still happen union or not. At least with representation you have an avenue to put the skids on this kind of harassment.

overheard guy in driver room say that driver trainer told couple dock guys to use seatbelts was not a friendly warning they are being retrained mon..talking to 2 linehaul guys flat out said no way but if it's true they just fell off fence

overheard guy in driver room say that driver trainer told couple dock guys to use seat belts was not a friendly warning they are being retrained mon..talking to 2 linehaul guys flat out said no way but if it's true they just fell off fence

driver trainer has no authority to schedule anyone for retraining. Retraining comes after an employee is found guilty by the non-hourly authorities. So if retraining has been arranged then someone was observed by the F.O.S. or a higher-up without that seatbelt and paperwork has appeared from the safety department. If this is not the case than your location maybe putting the cart ahead of the horse.

driver trainer has no authority to schedule anyone for retraining. Retraining comes after an employee is found guilty by the non-hourly authorities. So if retraining has been arranged then someone was observed by the F.O.S. or a higher-up without that seatbelt and paperwork has appeared from the safety department. If this is not the case than your location maybe putting the cart ahead of the horse.

if management takes the DT's word over your's than the DT basically has the authority. i possibly could have got bhind them preventing claims but crap like that tells me it's a bad idea kill moral destroy motivation it's also insulting to senior city guys to have a 4 to 5 year dt shadow him on his run good idea con-way strip away the dignity and pride of senior city dsr's who actually do take pride in their work

if management takes the DT's word over your's than the DT basically has the authority. i possibly could have got bhind them preventing claims but crap like that tells me it's a bad idea kill moral destroy motivation it's also insulting to senior city guys to have a 4 to 5 year dt shadow him on his run good idea con-way strip away the dignity and pride of senior city dsr's who actually do take pride in their work

as I said, the cart before the horse. If a city guy is being shadowed, that's not CGO, possibly a local or regional attempt at a pro-active approach to improve safety. There are many pilot programs within the company. I suggest you ask the terminal manager for more information.

as I said, the cart before the horse. If a city guy is being shadowed, that's not CGO, possibly a local or regional attempt at a pro-active approach to improve safety. There are many pilot programs within the company. I suggest you ask the terminal manager for more information.

I agree with you about some of the ignorance on this site. but your dronelike positive company support no matter what is mindnumbing. Proactive my ass if their is a city guy screwing up deal with him only the word will get out. but if you do care about this company stop insulting the pride and integrity of the guys who do go the extra mile everyday dayin day out for the past 20 years by having a pro active kid shadowing him. believe it or not con-way has some of the best people in the industry working for them and when the company lumps them in with any other 1 or 2 year :shit:bag it's bad for morale. you get less from the newest employee's because they don't see or feel their is much to loose. i always stress and work hard because i did not want to loose this amazing oprtunity i was given almost 8 years ago. NOT SO AMAZING ANY MORE...PROACTIVE MY Ass.

That interesting to hear that all terminals are not doing the "ride alongs" are idiot of a TM told us everyone was. He even asked who has questions or issues with it I spoke up and said I do and told him why. Basically was told to bad. Do what you want with the lazy ass people but leave me the hell alone. One of the guys has been on the dock because of to many points and I'm supposed to listen to him. I'll park the truck and let him back it in maybe give him some pointers.

It's sunday, get your bibles out revelations vs 15thru 16 "I know thy works that thou art neither cold no hot:I would thou were cold or hot. So then because thou art luke-warm,and neither cold nor hot,I will spue thee out of my mouth" To all the guy's who say yea i don't like whats goin on but im afraid or just dont know well hurry up and find out... "A brave man will only die once whereas a coward dies a thousand deaths" POST that above urinals submitted by some pro guy

Without a doubt one of the most convoluted and twisted bit of posting I have ever seen. You write "It has gotten to the point to where I can really care less if this company survives or not"! And "But I can honestly say, I hope this company goes out of business and leaves the dildo's we have running this abortion out of a job". Then in the same breath state "While I'm still employed here I will still give 100 % once I walk through that gate and punch in". Only in the world of make believe can those thought coexist. You are either for something or against it. In the real world you can't be both. I am so sorry that you have come to the point where you hate you job so much. But for you to be a senior driver and advocate for the downfall of the company... When you look for the problems at Con-Way Freight it might help to look at the man in the mirror.

But hey, I am only a ten year loyal Con-Way driver.