FedEx Freight | XM Antennas............ Really!

What is the point for this ? And for the CB this is probably a rumor for it is a safety item in the Facts of Drivers we use to comunicate to other drivers of danger and stopped traffic. I donot see this happening and we will win this!

What is the point for this ? And for the CB this is probably a rumor for it is a safety item in the Facts of Drivers we use to comunicate to other drivers of danger and stopped traffic. I donot see this happening and we will win this!

Nobody said they are taking your CB away. You just will not be able to use your own antenna on a new tractor that is supplied with factory antennas.

RC damn sure won't hook his Ranger or his President to those POS factory antennas. So yeah, they took RC's radio away. Oh wait, this is about new trucks! No worries then RC will be retired before he sees one of them close enough to touch.

This is the dumbest/stupidest company policy in the trucking industry to me. Like really!? I've seen the new pics of the new KW's....and they actually sat & thought of this stupid worthless policy so they go & order trucks with no bird pirtches! Come on! Seriously!? When I heard this I just shook my head. This is trucking! Lol...You can still hook your radio up but to the factorys thread floss coax and maybe a wholesale supply cheap Barjan antenna. Don't we have better things to think about!? The problem is that you have corporate heads from Viking, A.F, and Watkins all sitting in their office all day coming up with worthless ideas of a policy like this one trying to out do one another...and the majority of them have never been a driver b4 in the industry....go figure! Ridiculous....

We mounted our XM antenna right to the base of the passenger side CB antenna. It actually works quite well. And no interference on the CB either. The mechanic in the shop suggested we do it that way.

I was told today that as long as you don't damage or remove stock equipment from a FedEx truck you can have your personal antennas or antennie

I was told today that as long as you don't damage or remove stock equipment from a FedEx truck you can have your personal antennas or antennie

Those stock ants wont last long once they start running in the city,wonder if they are going to start making guys fill out the almighty accident report for breaking off an antenn? Nothing would shock me with this place!!!

I was told a road driver was installing their xm radio and damaged around $3,000 dollars worth of wiring in the dashboard. He decided to use a deck screw when he was installing it in the brand new truck.

I was told a road driver was installing their xm radio and damaged around $3,000 dollars worth of wiring in the dashboard. He decided to use a deck screw when he was installing it in the brand new truck.

If a 5/8th inch screw works, a 3 1/2 inch will hold it better.

Actually Kenworth use good coax but the antennas they use are crap. Pull them off and put two white frances's up there and noone even notices. And it works well as long as noone comes along and screws up the coax like my slip seat driver did. Glad I'm not there anymore! What a joke!

You ain't goina believe this!!!
true truck driver story !!! hahahaha

anyway

I heard tell of a letter given to a whitehouse road driver that his XM antenna was ..was .. well not legally mounted ..
his response was I am not changing it ...
wanna bet a soda pop nothing happens to him .... hahahaha

:Rulz:
:smilie93C_peelout: