XPO | Xpo last mile

Most of last mile is subcontractors.
Yes they are subcontractors representing and working for XPO. My concern is what effect it could have on us being associated with such a poorly thought of entity. We enjoyed many years of being perceived as quality organization, I know they do a different thing but ultimately we share the name.
Remember as they say " WE ARE XPO " That means all of us.

Yes they are subcontractors representing and working for XPO. My concern is what effect it could have on us being associated with such a poorly thought of entity. We enjoyed many years of being perceived as quality organization, I know they do a different thing but ultimately we share the name.
Remember as they say " WE ARE XPO " That means all of us.
We have several customers that constantly mention how our quality of service has diminished since we became XPO. Some have gone elsewhere.

We have several customers that constantly mention how our quality of service has diminished since we became XPO. Some have gone elsewhere.
I hope that someday we can go back to that level of service again. Right now are customer are feeling the affects of running a company too suite wall street and drive our share price north. It seems nearly everyone is seeing this and feeling its effect. I feel positive we can be that good again at some point once we focus back on the customer.

Most of last mile is subcontractors.
That's the American way now. Some guy,(the independent contractor),wearing a shirt with the name of the nationally known company, works for a sub contractor,(that owns the truck), who leases his service to the big national company, that is not responsible in any way, shape, or form, of said sub contractor, or his independent guy's conduct, or well being.

I hope that someday we can go back to that level of service again. Right now are customer are feeling the affects of running a company too suite wall street and drive our share price north. It seems nearly everyone is seeing this and feeling its effect. I feel positive we can be that good again at some point once we focus back on the customer.

No chance. Can't keep drivers or customers. Still making more money than ever. They always said we could make more doing less. I guess it's not a lie. And since the bottom line is the line above all with Jacobs. Well, I guess it's going to continue in it's present direction.

No chance. Can't keep drivers or customers. Still making more money than ever. They always said we could make more doing less. I guess it's not a lie. And since the bottom line is the line above all with Jacobs. Well, I guess it's going to continue in it's present direction.
And he proved it last year. We make more money and moved less freight.

found these concerning reviews of last mile . Now I know only bad reviews get posted for the most part but this is interesting because I see similarities to xpo freights customer complaints. We always here what a grand job last mile does.

https://www.amazon.com/xpo-shipping...3CDMBEIJDHAHI/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000QFOD8

https://m.yelp.com/biz/xpo-last-mile-marietta
This is why sometime the local mom and pop stores are the best. I bought new appliances and had a problem with one. It took one phone call and the items was replaced because they handled all the warranty paperwork

And he proved it last year. We make more money and moved less freight.

Let us not forget our brothers and sisters that were s#^t canned the last quarter of 2015. Probably why we did so good this past year, moving less freight.

Let us not forget our brothers and sisters that were s#^t canned the last quarter of 2015. Probably why we did so good this past year, moving less freight.
That what happens when companies are bought and sold. So how many people should we pay to do the same job. This is became we became a good old boys club how many VPs had VPs and don't get me started on the LEAN bullshitt

The same thing happened when yellow and roadway combined. I also know the same thing happened with the American freight ways when FedEx bought then

Less mouths to feed, equals profit. Write that down, it may pertain to the rest of us one day.
Over in another thread there's concern about driving jobs being replaced by technology. It may happen in the future. But you know what's easier to replace with technology? Management.

Centralized dispatch. Terminals without 6 figure managers. Human resources through teleconferencing.

After all , when XPO Logistics purchased Con-way , it was said that huge savings could be achieved through technology. On the other hand , the paperless dream is still just a dream.

Over in another thread there's concern about driving jobs being replaced by technology. It may happen in the future. But you know what's easier to replace with technology? Management.

Centralized dispatch. Terminals without 6 figure managers. Human resources through teleconferencing.

After all , when XPO Logistics purchased Con-way , it was said that huge savings could be achieved through technology. On the other hand , the paperless dream is still just a dream.
I just would like to know how much will be saved by going to elogs?? The paperless is slowly showing its face

We always here what a grand job last mile does.
I bought a washer and dryer from Lowes, Last Mile delivered it on time and in good condition, and only did $800.00 dollars of property damage. I tried to explain to the driver it was best to back in and drive out, he drove in and tried to turn around on my grass, needless to say it didn't work out. One rotator wrecker and 3 hours later he was gone, took 2 months to get that straightened out and paid.

I bought a washer and dryer from Lowes, Last Mile delivered it on time and in good condition, and only did $800.00 dollars of property damage. I tried to explain to the driver it was best to back in and drive out, he drove in and tried to turn around on my grass, needless to say it didn't work out. One rotator wrecker and 3 hours later he was gone, took 2 months to get that straightened out and paid.
No surprise there. We had similar problems with them when they worked out of are terminal making our deliveries. Local management was frustrated but were pushed to continually use them. When we voted they disappeared.

It seemed xpo higher ups wanted use them continually instead of hiring new drivers. The guys at XTJ were told the same.

Last edited:

People continue to quit. Drivers and dock hands and management alike.