XPO | Xpo LTL for sale

Where have you been? Good to see you back....
I'm a P&D driver , so when the constant 12 hour+ days hit and went on for roughly three months straight , other things took priority. ( No offense to you all on here )

With the shortage of drivers , and the turn over and burn out of the drivers the big companies hire , I wonder do they notice companies with great benefits and pay don't have these problems as severe?

I should add that companies with good culture that are built from the employees up ( instead of from the executives down ) seem to thrive against challenges like shortages of drivers.

If some of these big companies ( LTL's included ) would invest in the employees ( like retirement and health care ) it would seem to pay off.

To keep it on topic for the thread , investing in the employees during the good times seems to pay off during the tough times ( and maybe make the company MORE attractive to potential buyers )

I'm a P&D driver , so when the constant 12 hour+ days hit and went on for roughly three months straight , other things took priority. ( No offense to you all on here )

With the shortage of drivers , and the turn over and burn out of the drivers the big companies hire , I wonder do they notice companies with great benefits and pay don't have these problems as severe?

I should add that companies with good culture that are built from the employees up ( instead of from the executives down ) seem to thrive against challenges like shortages of drivers.

If some of these big companies ( LTL's included ) would invest in the employees ( like retirement and health care ) it would seem to pay off.

To keep it on topic for the thread , investing in the employees during the good times seems to pay off during the tough times ( and maybe make the company MORE attractive to potential buyers )
Unfortunately we do not work for one of these “good culture” companies. It’s not in Jacob’s DNA. Think of it more like Gordon Gekko. Stuck in the 80’s mentality of making a killing .

I love the concept of what you are saying but most management types just aren't affected by our long hours, so they don't care....I actually told a former TM that if he wanted the respect of the drivers he would work harder himself.... didn't work and he had nearly no respect from anyone....well other than the ones who were good at shining ass ( thanks 206 ...lol)...good to see you and your thoughtful posts...

I love the concept of what you are saying but most management types just aren't affected by our long hours, so they don't care....I actually told a former TM that if he wanted the respect of the drivers he would work harder himself.... didn't work and he had nearly no respect from anyone....well other than the ones who were good at shining ass ( thanks 206 ...lol)...good to see you and your thoughtful posts...
I here guys blaming other drivers for all of the companies woes. I believe it’s the complete opposite and started at the very top of leadership . The whole company is set up as an investment for one person. One person using OPM and Selling a shell to day traders . Management between the drivers and the very top are at a loss because theirs no real direction or no how of how to make the day work. It’s not much more than an investment scam at this point. Cut cost on everything to make the O/R look better to appeal to more investors. Want proof of this ? Name one thing frame a customers prospective that’s improved. Name things that have improved operationally. NOTHING in 4 1/2 years under Xpo. It’s been a complete backslide in service for the customers.

Last edited:
I know exactly what your talking about, he's not a minute after 8 & most of the time that's pushing it....

Here at the Rock, the night shift Operations Manager resigned about a month ago leaving us with just the day shift Operations Manager and the Branch Manager. It is strange how things operate from terminal to terminal as our Branch Manager here never leaves for the day until around 7:00pm or later. I often tease him about "milking the clock" for a little overtime.

Here at the Rock, the night shift Operations Manager resigned about a month ago leaving us with just the day shift Operations Manager and the Branch Manager. It is strange how things operate from terminal to terminal as our Branch Manager here never leaves for the day until around 7:00pm or later. I often tease him about "milking the clock" for a little overtime.
My former TM had to cover for a vacation for the morning supervisor....our afternoon supervisor contracted Covid and was out the whole week....TM had to cover them both that week....I never heard such loud sobs coming out of his office as I did that week!...

My former TM had to cover for a vacation for the morning supervisor....our afternoon supervisor contracted Covid and was out the whole week....TM had to cover them both that week....I never heard such loud sobs coming out of his office as I did that week!...
But he did get rewarded with a custom coffee mug from 2 valued employees. :1036316054: Classic.

I heard that rumor as well. Maybe it will be called XPO National LTL?

He is setting this thing up for a sale. Has been the whole time. Target buyer has changed.

Sold off the terminals. Leasing most the trucks. Now they selling off the trailers and leasing them back to the company as well. Only thing left that this company owns is the roster of employees and whatever freight is in the system at the moment.

Who is in the market for something like that ???? Maybe it will end up being YRCW after all ???!!!