XPO=more purchases.

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by ole man, Jun 19, 2017.

1. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

I don't know a single city driver that will be upset over losing some residential deliveries. Also, they said we would be moving away from premium freight and moving into economy freight. Plenty more changes are coming.

2. highspeeds

And obviously both those things will happen. XPO is also aggressively growing the business. So even with losing those deliveries and runs we should all stay plenty busy. Especially with the way people keep quitting. And the old timers are starting to get too old. For those that do still work here, having something to do shouldn't be to much of a problem.

3. highspeeds

Yeah, but with a company this big it's not outsourcing. It's resourcing your entire staff to accomplish the task as efficiently as possible. XPO LTL is not a stand alone company. We are XPO.

upnorth likes this.
  4. highspeeds

As a whole the biggest fear is either losing work or jobs entirely. And we did slow down after the purchase. And it has picked up since. And they are rolling out improvements. And there is plenty to be still be improved upon. How that all shakes out for each and every one of us individually. Just can't say. But it's a big world. We are going to be sold again. Two to three years from now. It's what Jacobs does. And how that impacts all of us. Well, don't know that either. And when Hop Sing buys this mess up and wants to integrate some absurdly enormous Asian transportation company that we can't even say or spell with this gigantic whatever we are. Well, XPO is already to big to wrap our heads around it so I know we ain't going to be able to comprehend any of that either. Take the check. Pray for good health. Love your family all that you can. Sometimes it's just that much better to be a simple man.

WiggleWagondrvr and guitarman1 like this.
  5. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you said but there is things that we can do to try to maintain what we have and maybe gain some back. I fear if we continue to just lie back and say "oh well" we're gonna get what we deserve. Hard work should be rewarded and both employee and employer will reap the benefit. This "it's all about results "is a short sighted reap the rewards now and to hell with future gain for only a few.
    I think your spot on also on the long term prospect and what effect that will have on current employees.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    highspeeds likes this.
  6. White

White Well-Known Member

Troll here. Didn't XPO initially do away with economy freight? You know, higher rates, less volume, less employees=higher profits? Don't get me wrong, happy long timers are working as I'm seeing an increase in sets running. But wtf, I would have expected a solid, unwavering business plan from a genius like Jacobs

7. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

There has been no economy freight increase that I've seen.

sucker666 likes this.
  8. sucker666

I concur on the no increase on economy freight. When xpo purchased us they did say they would possibly offer discount freight down the road. They also said they would indergrate last mile into our system and it seems that's underway now. Using the owner operator model could help offset some cost. Maybe once owner operators are in place they will start with discount freight Only time will tell if that's the plan. Big changes are in the wind that's for sure.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Griz likes this.
  9. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Well-Known Member

10. sucker666

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    highspeeds and ole man like this.
  11. sucker666

I googled Paul Singer mentioned in the article. Sounds like he's a real winner. He's a true 1 percenter activist for the oligarchs.

12. sucker666

13. highspeeds

Original plan was for roll out in fall of 2017. Certain technology needs to be in place before it can happen. We will see if and when it actually happens. Just like the last mile guys working out of some terminals. It's going to be relevant, where it's relevant.

14. highspeeds

15. Stand4afuture

16. Stand4afuture

XPO has good relations with sovereign-wealth and (_pension funds_ )that are willing to provide financing,

17. Stand4afuture

18. highspeeds

Seems one the problems moving forward was the inability to buy out the minority shares of Norbert. This has led to not being able to fully utilize all of XPO's assets in the states. Including Jacobson. Which is a holding of Norbert. That's seems to be the reason he is looking to buy Ceva or a company similar. At least according to the many articles available on the subject floating about.

ROUGHBOY likes this.
  19. highspeeds

20. Stand4afuture