XPO | XPO People and Culture compared to Con-way Inc. People and Culture

He has a plan , true. But , if he's smart like a lot of us agree , he buys low and sells high. It takes time to get this huge company pointed in the right direction.

Just my opinion: I think Jacobs has a long term goal of going after small package/parcels. The two dominant players are just too strong and well established to try and compete with directly. So , you nibble all around their core business , all the while setting up your pieces and infrastructure you need to go into small package/parcel.

He's not an idiot. He's aware of what happened to DHL in the U.S. - If he wants to prime this collection of companies and sell them , it would have to be attractive to the biggest deep pockets. XPO already has a business relationship with Amazon. And like it's already been pointed out , drones can't carry everything ( unless they're the size of Chinook Helicopters ) UPS and FedEx are all about removing competition - buy up the competition , move into the competitions space and drive them out , undercut competition on price.

So if Jacobs wants to sell and make a HUGE profit XPO Logistics will have to be shaped up and make some waves throughout the transportation industry.
Don't know if this has been brought up yet , but Amazon continues to grow....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...-late-delayed-fulfillment-sortation/76979024/

Christmas Eve , and no one has had face to face contact with people from XPO corporate? From the new leadership/ownership team?

Speaking with a Director of Operations ( regional manager ) and he basically repeated the same talking points as the Service Center Management that went to the conference.

Christmas Eve , and no one has had face to face contact with people from XPO corporate? From the new leadership/ownership team?

Speaking with a Director of Operations ( regional manager ) and he basically repeated the same talking points as the Service Center Management that went to the conference.
That's more than I've heard/seen/been told!

It's been a few weeks since the completion of the sale of Con-way Inc. to XPO Logistics.

Have you seen anyone from XPO Logistics? ( the parent company )

If so , how do they compare to the Con-way counterparts?

Do they drive company cars?

Are they older or younger?

Have they tried to interact with you or fellow drivers , CSR's , customers , or supervisors?

Do they come across as smart and thoughtful?

I ask because all of us are each others eyes and ears and at this point I get the feeling ( my opinion only ) that XPO executives are going through that moment were you first see a woman without the makeup , jewelry , nice clothes , hair done - you get the point.

They see what they bought , warts and all and it might just take some getting used to. It also may have scared them a little bit.
Does it really matter

Does it really matter
I don't know , does it?

6NFIltH.jpg

Here's an avatar for you ( Merry Christmas! Now everyone will know who pissed on you. )

The simple fact that someone had reported that after the St. Louis meeting, their Terminal Manager said something like, "we were told to keep our mouth's shut about what was said at the meeting", is a legitimate cause for concern. There could be some negative changes coming toward you, otherwise they'd be advertising the positive changes that are coming. At least that would make sense to me. Silence usually equates to a negative, gloating and advertising usually equates to positives.
:idunno:

The simple fact that someone had reported that after the St. Louis meeting, their Terminal Manager said something like, "we were told to keep our mouth's shut about what was said at the meeting", is a legitimate cause for concern. There could be some negative changes coming toward you, otherwise they'd be advertising the positive changes that are coming. At least that would make sense to me. Silence usually equates to a negative, gloating and advertising usually equates to positives.
i wish i could refute and dislike this quote,sadly there's a whole lotta truth to this

Or they signed the agreement so that the information given to the employees was accurate and consistent across the company, and not twisted by hundreds of different managers.

That's a real possibility UN.I like that hypothesis...good thinking.
Look.. That was a three day bitchfest. He wanted to hear from the managers; the good, the bad and the ugly. He wanted ideas on what to fix, how to do it, and he wanted the truth. I was told a certain VP was told to sit down when someone complained about lean. Hundreds of ideas were thrown around. They took what they heard, decided on the answers, and then sent out the information to the staff. That's leadership.

What's going to happen, will happen. No choice but to wait and see what transpires.

After almost 5 months of being XPO Logistics , are there any reports of meetings with people from the parent company?

As big as we are supposed to be now , you would think there would be some stories of ( what used to be Con-way ) people meeting and interacting with XPO Logistics parent company people.

XPO people and culture, vs ConWay people and culture...................

I would think ConWay people are more of a cabernet sauvignon type, where XPO is more of a merlot type crowd.

Now pass the grey poupon. I work for YRCW, you want culture.....we got culture coming out the ass.

XPO people and culture, vs ConWay people and culture...................

I would think ConWay people are more of a cabernet sauvignon type, where XPO is more of a merlot type crowd.

Now pass the grey poupon. I work for YRCW, you want culture.....we got culture coming out the ass.
Culture Club.... Hehe... Yrc.....