XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quotes with your name on them came from your post- all in the same paragraph.
Shiny truck quote meant if you don't pay overtime you have more money to buy new trucks.
The teamster quote was in reference to having a retirement other then theirs.
The quote not in the same boat as you means people might have tried to save but somewhere along the line may have had health issues or some other sort of tragedy preventing them from having what you have right now....

Last edited:
Again, "fair" and "equal" are not the same thing. I think the company has done a decent job of explaining the difference in pay scales, but if you're obsessed with fairness and equality and not focusing on being secure in what you already have, you're never going to be happy no matter how much you get.

Hourly pay is one thing.....the way OT is paid is another. One's location doesn't determine his or her worth after 8 hours.
No fair and equal are not the same thing, but your not a bunch of separate companies now with different pay scales or rules, haven't been for a while, your all the same company, and if 1 region receives OT shouldn't all regions receive OT? Shouldn't all employees be treated the same regardless of what area of the country they live in. Can understand difference in pay scales due to the area with higher cost, but not everyone being treated the same as it pertains to OT.

No fair and equal are not the same thing, but your not a bunch of separate companies now with different pay scales or rules, haven't been for a while, your all the same company, and if 1 region receives OT shouldn't all regions receive OT? Shouldn't all employees be treated the same regardless of what area of the country they live in. Can understand difference in pay scales due to the area with higher cost, but not everyone being treated the same as it pertains to OT.
My point all along.

Then what does?
If the region plays such a role in my compensation, why is it the only thing we don't share in common? Why isn't my health coverage different? Or my PTO time? Or my 401k package?
OT is a not a pillar of what someone is paid, but HOW they are paid.
I am assuming that if you work for XPO, you definitely aren't my neighbor.

It was a contract not a concession, everyone got screwed out of a weeks vacation! Now it's hurting them finding good qualified drivers, I think that will be changed next contract if there is one....

How came you call this being screwed out of a weeks vacation. The union member voted for the contract and agreed to the term of the contract then basically they screwed themselves. You can not blame or say you got screwed by the company you can only blame yourselves. You really got screwed by the union by letting this happen or was it a trade for something better. I thing not by they way you talk about it

If the company is charging the same rates across the country they should pay the employees the same. If their paying the employee less they should charge less, IMO.
The company does not charge the same rate across the country. Their rate vary by the lanes. Freight going north might be a higher rate than freight going south. Just as a ex.

How came you call this being screwed out of a weeks vacation. The union member voted for the contract and agreed to the term of the contract then basically they screwed themselves. You can not blame or say you got screwed by the company you can only blame yourselves. You really got screwed by the union by letting this happen or was it a trade for something better. I thing not by they way you talk about it
When Conway (xpo) took you 5% what was that called? & they still have it. I voted no that's all I could do, but at least it was voted not taken....

The company does not charge the same rate across the country. Their rate vary by the lanes. Freight going north might be a higher rate than freight going south. Just as a ex.
Drivers have nothing to do with what the rates are. If driver A is receiving OT, then just because driver B runs out of the south doesn't mean he shouldn't be paid the same way in regards to OT. I would almost be willing to bet that if 2 drivers in the same terminal with this difference (well your from the south and never got OT you won't misses it) there would be a problem.

So if you live in a low rate zip code and you make less ?
It is well known by many that carriers charge zip code to zip code. Their rates are all about the same so they can compete.
Sounds like a Monday morning pep talk to the troops.....

Drivers have nothing to do with what the rates are. If driver A is receiving OT, then just because driver B runs out of the south doesn't mean he shouldn't be paid the same way in regards to OT. I would almost be willing to bet that if 2 drivers in the same terminal with this difference (well your from the south and never got OT you won't misses it) there would be a problem.
Pops the "Good ole Boys " I talk to and work with have no idea what a union is about. They also say they don't need no union.

Hmmmmmm!!! Why didn't they take advantage of the full 15% then Cabby? They could have but they didn't. The band wagon must have been full of Teamsters.

Must have figured how much they could steal without making the slaves revolt...

I look at these XPO port drivers and they must buy from YRC dead line.
They are certainly not making enough to maintain their equipment .
Wonder where the $$$ money goes ?

Must have figured how much they could steal without making the slaves revolt...

I look at these XPO port drivers and they must buy from YRC dead line.
They are certainly not making enough to maintain their equipment .
Wonder where the $$$ money goes ?
I'm not going to say whether I'm pro or non union, but I will say that XPO and CEO Bradley Jacobs are the exact reasons the AFLCIO and its affiliates were started in the beginning. I remember the very first XPO truck I saw and I was appalled at what I was looking at. Pure damned junk, many more after. We do not fit in this puzzle as a functional piece.

One more point, CCX, CSE and CWX had goals of being premier carriers and IMHO they pretty much achieved that goal. Then came the Con-way Inc. umbrella with a huge hole in it causing things to go sour. XPO has finished the job. No wonder there are union rumblings again.

I'm not going to say whether I'm pro or non union, but I will say that XPO and CEO Bradley Jacobs are the exact reasons the AFLCIO and its affiliates were started in the beginning. I remember the very first XPO truck I saw and I was appalled at what I was looking at. Pure damned junk, many more after. We do not fit in this puzzle as a functional piece.
Could this be one of the reason's that you can not view a company's CSA score anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.