XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a driver out of Xph if anyone would like to know whats going on feel free to ask. You will not believe what senior management is trying to pull off out here.

Last edited:
We have all the top dogs and union busters here and they are telling nothing but lies and being caught in it. Its a real eye opener. Very very sad. Guys this is not Con-way anymore.

We have all the top dogs and union busters here and they are telling nothing but lies and being caught in it. Its a real eye opener. Very very sad. Guys this is not Con-way anymore.
It's not the same America anymore!! This has been the worst 8 years America has seen. Just like all companies times have changed and people can't accept change!

It's not the same America anymore!! This has been the worst 8 years America has seen. Just like all companies times have changed and people can't accept change!
Especially when things turn sour as fast as they have in eight years, country or company. I don't like it either.

If XPO were to stop paying us OT, I would be leading the charge to organize my place.

And that's what the Teamsters are counting on- capitalizing on your anger before your mind kicks in and reminds you that even as a union member, XPO still has to give you that OT and they are under no more obligation to do so after the vote than they were before the vote.

It's federal law that hourly employees where I live are paid OT after 40 hours at a minimum. Trucking side skirt the issue because they CAN.

Of course they don't pay it- why would they? You wouldn't pay 50 percent more for your dinner if you didn't have to, right?

If you say it's economical to not pay it in the south, why isn't it economical to not pay everywhere where's not a state law in place requiring it? That's economics.

Economical doesn't just mean cheap. In other states, people won't work for them unless they pay OT. In the south, less carriers pay OT so you don't have to offer OT to compete for drivers.

At least we have tastier food down here.....:05.18 flustered:

I don't have a good argument against that one. :1036316054:

And that's what the Teamsters are counting on- capitalizing on your anger before your mind kicks in and reminds you that even as a union member, XPO still has to give you that OT and they are under no more obligation to do so after the vote than they were before the vote.

Of course they don't pay it- why would they? You wouldn't pay 50 percent more for your dinner if you didn't have to, right?

Economical doesn't just mean cheap. In other states, people won't work for them unless they pay OT. In the south, less carriers pay OT so you don't have to offer OT to compete for drivers.

I don't have a good argument against that one. :1036316054:
How can you as a driver "I am assuming you are a driver and not a company plant" defend our company screwing other drivers?

I heard on Friday that the regional VP Paul B, as they say, "no longer with the company". I and others believe that what was said at you union buster meeting got back to the powers to be and the hammer was dropped. From what someone said to me he been with Conway for 30yrs.
At my barn there no love lost here.
So you have an other info on this because a lot of us at my barn they all believe he got fired for what going on there at XPH.

How can you as a driver... defend our company screwing other drivers?

Because I don't believe that anyone is truly getting "screwed" here. Wages and benefits at every company are the minimum that they can legally pay you and still attract and retain the employees that they want and keep those employees happy. People come to Con-way/XPO and they work hard and most of them stay. That tells me most people think our compensation is fair, or at least acceptable.

Even if you don't, or there are things you'd really like to change, the Teamsters are NOT the answer. The things you'd trade just to get a chance to bargain with no guarantees are simply not worth it.

"I am assuming you are a driver and not a company plant"

Nope, I'm a city driver- was here before the recession and before they froze the pension.

XPO still has to give you that OT and they are under no more obligation to do so after the vote than they were before the vote.
They are absolutely obligated, if it is in the contract, that sir is why you have a contract, it spells out each parties obligations.

Read what I wrote again.That's the same deceptive sales pitch the organizers use. Contract, contract, contract. Yes, they are obligated by a contract, but you have to GET that contract first. Voting in the union gives you NOTHING. You have to ask for what you want at the bargaining table, and XPO is going to ask what you're going to give up in return. You think Jacobs is just going to write a check for you?

It's federal law that hourly employees where I live are paid OT after 40 hours at a minimum. Trucking side skirt the issue because they CAN. If you say it's economical to not pay it in the south, why isn't it economical to not pay everywhere where's not a state law in place requiring it? That's economics. The idea that I'm asked to stay past the 8th hour and are not compensated while others unnecessarily are is absurd. We were given after 50 OT to just shut up. Some folks may not realize how easy it is to be screwed off of after 40 or after 50....flex guys at my place get burned on 4-12 hour days then are assigned a road run on the 5th. Serene Gene I may be wrong, but I also assume you aren't my neighbor either, residing somewhere other than the glorious south. At least we have tastier food down here.....:05.18 flustered:
Your taste buds are dead from all the msg! Lol!

Wages and benefits at every company are the minimum that they can legally pay you and still attract and retain the employees that they want and keep those employees happy.

Well, obviously many of us aren't happy. We want the hope and change. If the company refuses and the Teamsters are a bad idea, maybe you can get it done for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.