XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok someone else show me something like this? Where you've changed
the company benefits package? Go for it whip. Show me what you've done to better some else's pay?

Pretty arrogant to take credit for that by yourself. Do you also take credit for the failure of the drive at your shop? No, you don't- the bad things are always someone else's fault.

Did you ever explain how you were responsible for a memo that came out 6 months before you petitioned?

I've been with this company a long time, and I've never seen that. Not through all of the CEOs, VPs, TMs, FOSs, and HR policies. I have seen long tenured employees, some right around the corner from retirement, get tossed and they absolutely did it to themselves. On the other hand, we've still got some jewels working for us that are only here because they're really good at riding the line.

It's one of the most popular union talking points- "Hey, look, they CAN, so why wouldn't they?". Well, they don't.

What I have seen are people who don't know all of the details, who run with rumors and heresay and in defiance of common sense and logic, convincing themselves that anyone is fired for "no reason".
"Well, they don't."

This is correct. And , one of the biggest frustrations of working at a non-union company. People get away with just as much , if not MORE crap as any union company. Thank you for highlighting this.

8DJ3Ks5.jpg

Tacky, but typical.

It benefits the company by cutting down on redundancies, and allowing workers to specialize in their particular tasks. Spotters get crazy good at backing into spots, line haul guys get crazy good at hooking and driving, Dock Workers get amazing with forklifts...

You say that like one person couldn't be crazy good at all of those things. Why hamstring yourself by making them specialty jobs and then penalizing yourself if someone has to "do someone else's job"? Seems very inefficient- what redundancy are you removing? What is the point of trading redundancy for cost?

Creates job for membership...

Oh, right.

The company can give and take away at any time.Just like the did your pension plan.They have no obligation.You have no contract.

Your words of give & take away I have been preaching long before I worked under a CBA. 18 good years @ ABF with a good pension 2 of grand a month until it takes a hit. And we will take a monetary hit. But until the day I die or we have no pension I will always say union then & union now. The benefits of any worker from any employer can be removed any time the company so desires. Under a CBA not so. I am not a big fan of the IBT. But, they, the leaders of the IBT made it possible for my pension & not ONE DOLLAR each week went towards medical premiums during my 18 years of employment. Could it be better? You bet. I have asked on the Estes, Con-Way, Saia, Fed Ex, & other non-union boards how much would a employee receive after 18 years of service each month in the form of a pension that could even come close to what the IBT / Central States Fund offers. Not one that I can remember responded with a dollar figure. The ones that did respond bad mouthed unions in general. That is ok. Why is it ok? I know I will sound smug or like an a** hole, but my retirement is double my social security. Thanks to a UNION.

I am blessed to have been able to work under a CBA & acquire the pension that I have earned. I wish the people in this industry the best in the years to come. Con.

You say that like one person couldn't be crazy good at all of those things. Why hamstring yourself by making them specialty jobs and then penalizing yourself if someone has to "do someone else's job"? Seems very inefficient- what redundancy are you removing? What is the point of trading redundancy for cost?

Oh, right.
The redundancy of two people going to do the same job at the same time due to miscommunication. You don't seem very serene, by the way. Might I recommend a trip to the doctor for some xanax, if you can afford it?

Here, kid. I'm headed to bed. Educate yourself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-another-low-wage-job/?utm_term=.d4ff1014e215

Union truck drivers used to earn the equivalent of almost $45 an hour before deregulation and your amazing corporate gang bang started. Let me know if you're anywhere near that, pls. Have a neato day!
The company can give and take away at any time.Just like the did your pension plan.They have no obligation.You have no contract.
right. Pension plan is a good selling point. Central States? Anyone? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.