XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We offer alternative funds seperate than the current under funded plan.But obviously you didn't know or asked.There's always an answer if you ask the question.
I don't question as it doesn't concern me. But I'd like to direct your attention to the CSPF Pension forum. Apolostic posts that at age 73, retired 10 years, receives a 29% cut to his benefit. You posted earlier in this forum that XPO can slash their employees pensions and they've no reciprocation without a contract(apples to apples?).
I always find it comical (well, annoying really) the pro U stance on non boards vs the amount of negativity at the Union sites. 10%ers, PTS, wage reductions, etc. I DO realize y'all ratify these "cuts". And I hold nothing against anyone personally, but as a Brotherhood, these contradictory viewpoints most certainly lack any semblance of solidarity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Solidarity all that's left? I believe it's apparent to most, the Teamster administration is just another group of managers trying to make money off the backs of the working man. As most know, I've no skin in this game. I just like to help compare the apples to the oranges.

I hate to ramble on & I'll shake my head and banish myself for a few weeks in the morning. I just get fired up with the pro union propaganda on the non sites. I realize this is the "union thread" and I don't work for XPO. Full disclosure, I turned down Conway specifically for the TM's repeated mention of no guaranteed hours. To my knowledge, that aligns with any union company that utilizes 10%ers. Very recently, I turned down UPSF for Linehaul. Vacation coverage and EOM work, no guarantees. In today's market how can you expect to hire quality drivers? I fully comprehend a senior union driver's standpoint. However, I broke my nuts as a Teamster beverage driver for 20 years. Now I'm a non U Linehaul driver making SIGNIFICANTLY more in total compensation that I did three years ago slinging soda. To me, there are no guarantees and little difference in working conditions and compensation, so I'm not about to line anyone's pockets with dues. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year to you & yours.

Last edited:
I have stayed out of this debate on this thread because I can see both sides of this issue.
That being said, there is no way that anyone can defend what Con-way did to our pension. They cried that it was ( unsistainable) and then wasted huge amounts of money for Lean Program, creating all kinds of non- essential jobs at the General Office for their buddies, waste and more waste. They feed us a line of how they weren't going to cut the Company contribution any at all. I hope that there's some justice coming for those who stole our future away. I have heard all of the talk that we should make our own Retirement security , but that is difficult for us that are in our latter part of our careers when this took place. CON-WAY/XPO is not conserned about your retirement in the least bit. Once you're not a active employee, they have no interest in you. My father drawed over 750,000.00 dollars in a span of 23 Years from his pension before he passed. And he worked for a non- union company. My brother also Retired early at age 57 and keep his insurance and benefits. Anyone doing this with Con-way??? No I don't think so.

I hate to ramble on & I'll shake my head and banish myself for a few weeks in the morning. I just get fired up with the pro union propaganda on the non sites. I realize this is the "union thread" and I don't work for XPO. Full disclosure, I turned down Conway specifically for the TM's repeated mention of no guaranteed hours. To my knowledge, that aligns with any union company that utilizes 10%ers. Very recently, I turned down UPSF for Linehaul. Vacation coverage and EOM work, no guarantees. In today's market how can you expect to hire quality drivers? I fully comprehend a senior union driver's standpoint. However, I broke my nuts as a Teamster beverage driver for 20 years. Now I'm a non U Linehaul driver making SIGNIFICANTLY more in total compensation that I did three years ago slinging soda. To me, there are no guarantees and little difference in working conditions and compensation, so I'm not about to line anyone's pockets with dues. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year to you & yours.
You pay taxes don't you,federal state county or municipal .and you get what in return.social security state.and or municipal benefits.We pay our tax and or dues for representation,Thats a good deal .2 bucks a day is the price of a cup of coffee.:duh:

I don't question as it doesn't concern me. But I'd like to direct your attention to the CSPF Pension forum. Apolostic posts that at age 73, retired 10 years, receives a 29% cut to his benefit. You posted earlier in this forum that XPO can slash their employees pensions and they've no reciprocation without a contract(apples to apples?).
I always find it comical (well, annoying really) the pro U stance on non boards vs the amount of negativity at the Union sites. 10%ers, PTS, wage reductions, etc. I DO realize y'all ratify these "cuts". And I hold nothing against anyone personally, but as a Brotherhood, these contradictory viewpoints most certainly lack any semblance of solidarity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Solidarity all that's left? I believe it's apparent to most, the Teamster administration is just another group of managers trying to make money off the backs of the working man. As most know, I've no skin in this game. I just like to help compare the apples to the oranges.
They cut his pension in the CSPF out of nessesity to save it from financial collapse. Con-way discontinued our pension by choice .

You pay taxes don't you,federal state county or municipal .and you get what in return.social security state.and or municipal benefits.We pay our tax and or dues for representation,Thats a good deal .2 bucks a day is the price of a cup of coffee.:duh:
I ,we don't line any bodies pockets ,They earn it.Good Luck at Con Job,

They cut his pension in the CSPF out of nessesity to save it from financial collapse. Con-way discontinued our pension by choice .
The government put in legislation that allows cspf to cut it along with every other pension fund in the country,They the ,government want you to work longer and of course pay more taxes,and if you were born after 1960 you will collect social security at a higher age. Your 401 k won't cut it.,

The government put in legislation that allows cspf to cut it along with every other pension fund in the country,They the ,government want you to work longer and of course pay more taxes,and if you were born after 1960 you will collect social security at a higher age. Your 401 k won't cut it.,
My point was Con job -way made a deliberate choice to rob our future. It was not out of necessity. Just like every other thing they downgraded or rob from us over time. In my opion it will continue under Xpo

Last edited:
My point was Con job -way made a deliberate choice to rob our future. It was not out of necessity. Just like every other thing they downgraded or rob from us over time. In my opion it will continue under Xpo
You can't change the past,only the future.Good Luck,were with you when you need us.

My brother also Retired early at age 57 and keep his insurance and benefits. Anyone doing this with Con-way??? No I don't think so.

The average age of a truck driver is somewhere between 49 and 55, depending on the source. Can you see half the industry retiring with a full pension in less than 10 years? Even if they wait until 65, that's no more than 16 years. And then those people will draw on that pension for much longer than they used to in age of high efficiency and savage rates. Most companies, union or not, can't afford that. Some saw the writing on the wall and adjusted before they had to. Some will wait until they're bankrupt. I'm glad Conway didn't wait. Lean was a stupid idea, but it wouldn't have saved the pension.

My point exactly!! The sad thing is that there are people that will still defend thier actions to this day. Yea, I am still ticked about it.
That's why I enjoy hauling freight that I know used to be Con-way freight. I would not go solicit to steal freight away from anyone, but I can have a good laugh when I see they lost it .

And that chip on your shoulder and the fact that you won a certification vote 3-1 is blinding you to the futility of your campaign. Still waiting on Miami to start discussing real stuff that people care about like wages and benefits? I'd love to be at the table when they tell you no. Every time.

And that chip on your shoulder and the fact that you won a certification vote 3-1 is blinding you to the futility of your campaign. Still waiting on Miami to start discussing real stuff that people care about like wages and benefits? I'd love to be at the table when they tell you no. Every time.
Do you know where there at in Miami ? Maybe you can list what they signed off on so far for us ? Bring us up to speed with your sources ? What region do you work out of again?
If everyone took your defeatist stance in life the world would be a Sorry place you really should try to be a little more optimistic. We will make it better for you also .

Last edited:
I have stayed out of this debate on this thread because I can see both sides of this issue.
That being said, there is no way that anyone can defend what Con-way did to our pension. They cried that it was ( unsistainable) and then wasted huge amounts of money for Lean Program, creating all kinds of non- essential jobs at the General Office for their buddies, waste and more waste. They feed us a line of how they weren't going to cut the Company contribution any at all. I hope that there's some justice coming for those who stole our future away. I have heard all of the talk that we should make our own Retirement security , but that is difficult for us that are in our latter part of our careers when this took place. CON-WAY/XPO is not conserned about your retirement in the least bit. Once you're not a active employee, they have no interest in you. My father drawed over 750,000.00 dollars in a span of 23 Years from his pension before he passed. And he worked for a non- union company. My brother also Retired early at age 57 and keep his insurance and benefits. Anyone doing this with Con-way??? No I don't think so.
Correct me if I'm wrong but after all they froze, cut, and stole didn't they turn around and buy cfi ? I remember Bruce M. saying what a great deal this was going to be for us.

The average age of a truck driver is somewhere between 49 and 55, depending on the source. Can you see half the industry retiring with a full pension in less than 10 years? Even if they wait until 65, that's no more than 16 years. And then those people will draw on that pension for much longer than they used to in age of high efficiency and savage rates. Most companies, union or not, can't afford that. Some saw the writing on the wall and adjusted before they had to. Some will wait until they're bankrupt. I'm glad Conway didn't wait. Lean was a stupid idea, but it wouldn't have saved the pension.
Your one of those who believe everything that they told us, They love people like that. I wish people would see them for the dirty dealer's that they were. Con-way would have still been fine keeping the pension fully funded. They might have not been able to buy another Truckload Company for the 4th time but they could afforded us what we worked for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but after all they froze, cut, and stole didn't they turn around and buy cfi ? I remember Bruce M. saying what a great deal this was going to be for us.
Yes , 750 million if I remember correctly . Guess it wasn’t everything it was supposed to be. It was a real kick in the balls. I remember asking our regional manager in a meeting at the time why they would do that and he avoided the question in front of the group but later in private conversation he admited his personal disappointment with freezing the pension to me.

I doubt you get layover, wait, breakdown the second it happens, guarantee 8 hours if you run less than 328 miles, guarantee of miles you are dispatched on even if you don’t complete the trip. Oh also delay due to accident/construction. I asked him what took so long to see the light and reply was tired of company bulshit and monthly anti union videos.
30 min drop and hook
15 min for placards slide tandems
4 hours if do any the work listed while yard man is on duty
4 hours if I come thru a Carolina terminal and yard is on duty it’s his work I sit in drivers lounge on the clock.
Layover: nope home everyday
wait/breakdown yes the seconds it happenes
no pay on delay on accident/construction or guarantee miles
I get paid actual hours worked for anything done in the yard there is no fixed time

I don't have company bulshit and have seen a anti-union video since last year

Status
Not open for further replies.