XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was Con job -way made a deliberate choice to rob our future. It was not out of necessity. Just like every other thing they downgraded or rob from us over time. In my opion it will continue under Xpo
So why are you still here? That's the big question. You keep bring up how Con-way stole you future and took this away and that away or that some FORMER Con-way Exec's promised you this and that and never delivered. As you see I said Con-way Exec's XPO didn't make any of those promises.
Now we are suppose to side with you on the whole union thing well some here got the same smoke up the ass from the Teamster that you got from Con-way. Then we are told by pro U that trucker driver should be making $45 per hour and when I ask why the pro U driver why aren't they make that no can answer.
So why are you still working here???

You pay taxes don't you,federal state county or municipal .and you get what in return.social security state.and or municipal benefits.We pay our tax and or dues for representation,Thats a good deal .2 bucks a day is the price of a cup of coffee.:duh:
That's apple and oranges. One is by law and the other is by choice. They are not the same

My point exactly!! The sad thing is that there are people that will still defend thier actions to this day. Yea, I am still ticked about it.
That's why I enjoy hauling freight that I know used to be Con-way freight. I would not go solicit to steal freight away from anyone, but I can have a good laugh when I see they lost it .
I do have a good laugh when I see the quarterly OR for other LTL carriers and laugh harder when I see the ones that are now hauling the freight we gave away.
Move less and make more

Do you know where there at in Miami ? Maybe you can list what they signed off on so far for us ? Bring us up to speed with your sources ? What region do you work out of again?
If everyone took your defeatist stance in life the world would be a Sorry place you really should try to be a little more optimistic. We will make it better for you also .
but weren't you the one that said your barn would have a contract in a year??? just saying

So why are you still here? That's the big question. You keep bring up how Con-way stole you future and took this away and that away or that some FORMER Con-way Exec's promised you this and that and never delivered. As you see I said Con-way Exec's XPO didn't make any of those promises.
Now we are suppose to side with you on the whole union thing well some here got the same smoke up the ass from the Teamster that you got from Con-way. Then we are told by pro U that trucker driver should be making $45 per hour and when I ask why the pro U driver why aren't they make that no can answer.
So why are you still working here???
I’m nearing my retirement and still have my vacation allowance just like a lot of other guys here it’s one of the only thing that hold us here. We’re all not job jumpers.

I’m nearing my retirement and still have my vacation allowance just like a lot of other guys here it’s one of the only thing that hold us here. We’re all not job jumpers.
but did this stuff start being taken away like 10 or more years ago

but did this stuff start being taken away like 10 or more years ago
Yes , it’s been over a long period. I like others here thought the bleeding would stop at some point . We were hoping the driver shortage would help turn the tide in our favor . As I stated a lot of us are not job jumpers and do not think we should give up our years of service and go somewhere to the bottom of the list.
Sometimes in life you have to take a stand and do what you feel is best. I think it’s fine if you want to ride the Jacobs train and put your trust into him .

Last edited:
I believe for some that they were holding out the hope the Con-way was going to bring back all what the took away. The retirement, vacation is what I hear a lot from drives. Some I guess are to proud to admit their failures. I not I got screwed by the union not just once but twice. After the second time I learned the only one I can count on is myself. Call me a job jumper but every job I left was by my chose to better myself. I didn't need a union to do that. The two union jobs I had I had NO choice in leavening both I was layoffs less than 2 years after I was hired and one closed a year later. When I went to the union hall I was basically told thanks for you money and had the door slammed in my face. Now they come crawling to me wanting my help. Like someone else said it's funny how thing come full circle.

Yes , it’s been over a long period. I like others here thought the bleeding would stop at some point . We were hoping the driver shortage would help turn the tide in our favor . As I stated a lot of us are not job jumpers and do not think we should give up our years of service and go somewhere to the bottom of the list.
Sometimes in life you have to take a stand and do what you feel is best. I think it’s fine if you want to ride the Jacobs train and put your trust into him .
The driver shortage has played in favor of driver all drivers with clean cdl's. I put my trust in no one but myself. There is no company or union that will look out for me first and in my opinion anyone that believes the a union or company has there best interest as first priority is a fool

I believe for some that they were holding out the hope the Con-way was going to bring back all what the took away. The retirement, vacation is what I hear a lot from drives. Some I guess are to proud to admit their failures. I not I got screwed by the union not just once but twice. After the second time I learned the only one I can count on is myself. Call me a job jumper but every job I left was by my chose to better myself. I didn't need a union to do that. The two union jobs I had I had NO choice in leavening both I was layoffs less than 2 years after I was hired and one closed a year later. When I went to the union hall I was basically told thanks for you money and had the door slammed in my face. Now they come crawling to me wanting my help. Like someone else said it's funny how thing come full circle.
Fly sorry if you thought I was calling you a job jumper . I was not . I have no knowledge of your job history. I was merely stating that I have stayed with my jobs ( 3 sine I left college) a long time . I generally take most things my employers have change in stride and know when some things are nessary for businesses change . When I began my employ with Con-way from the very top of management touted Con-way as a place you could retire from not here or there but all the time . Now I know and accept how things change in time but you have to understand where a good many of us are coming from and to where we are at this point with a taker such as Brad Jacobs.

Fly sorry if you thought I was calling you a job jumper . I was not . I have no knowledge of your job history. I was merely stating that I have stayed with my jobs ( 3 sine I left college) a long time . I generally take most things my employers have change in stride and know when some things are nessary for businesses change . When I began my employ with Con-way from the very top of management touted Con-way as a place you could retire from not here or there but all the time . Now I know and accept how things change in time but you have to understand where a good many of us are coming from and to where we are at this point with a taker such as Brad Jacobs.
No offence taken about the job jumper.
I heard the same thing years ago about retiring from Conway and I also heard a lot about how the driver were treated like ::shit:: too.
The one question that no one seam to answer is what has Brad J taken from you? I not defending him but I also look at it in real time. since Brad J bought Conway what has he taken away.

I do have a good laugh when I see the quarterly OR for other LTL carriers and laugh harder when I see the ones that are now hauling the freight we gave away.
Move less and make more
That's not necessarily the winning strategy in the log run. In a lot of markets it's price price price. Besides they better make a ton of profit to pay on that large debt that they are carrying.

It simply amazes me how many people pick 1 failing plan and never say squat about the rest that are thriving. Nor do they ever say anything about those of us who's pension plan is secure with the company.
I’m vested in the failing plan. That’s why I mention it. What is the union brotherhood doing to save the failing plan? Why don’t they combine plans?

I know you probably won’t answer but what the heck.
How does being anti Teamsters equal being pro Jacobs in your book? Why such extreme views?

The state of Illinois is 180 Billion underfunded on the Stete Pension Fund. 2 years ago their Supreme Court court ruled 7 to 0 against the State that wanted to cut the benefits to the retirees They said, 'you promised them the money, now pay it' The elected officials then tried to change the Illinois Constitution so they could pay less money than they originally promised. After an excessive number of phone calls from their constituents melted the phone lines, they changed course and did the only thing they could. Raise any and or all taxes they could just to service the interest on the debit. Now, Illinois residents are doing what California residents did 30 years ago, fleeing. When it comes to Pensions, private or public, hang on. For the financial ride of your life, or not. von.

Explain,to us how you got screwed,Just remember,by doing nothing you get nothing.Or you could PM me and I will keep our conversation confidential.Of coarse.!

I know you probably won’t answer but what the heck.
How does being anti Teamsters equal being pro Jacobs in your book? Why such extreme views?
XPO is a holding company,With diverse interests,They don't make money on LTL freight.The network is more important the marginal profits.Before deregulation a companies ICC rights were worth more than the assets of the company.Today it's all about your network and how cheap can you do it for.This is why xpo is marketing you for sale to the highest bidder Home Depot Amazon.Figure it out your just a commodity.Every thing is for sale to the highest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.