XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s say competitor X decided to pay its drivers a top rate of $15 / hr and no overtime till after 60 hrs how do you feel Xpo should respond?
And where does that lead ?

Any LTL company that can pay that and have drivers isn't a competitor. The guys with wrecks and job bouncing and felonies need work, too. The idea there would be strategic collusion across the industry to stall and reverse driver wages is a union myth with no basis in economic reality. If that was a goal they never would have raised them after the gift excuse of a huge recession.

I remember some domestic automakers having a rough time not too long ago. Bailouts anyone? How many plants have closed in the last 30 years? Sure, maybe they slowed the adoption of automaton for a while, but they can't stop it. In hindsight, it seems ridiculous for the UAW to say "No robots". Why would trucking be any different?
I remember the automakers (with the exception of ford) begging for money because the govt bailed the banks out, had nothing to do with automation. more plants are being closed for different reasons, outdated, integrating more models into the same assembly line and lack of sales.

I guess the CF part was a bad example. I could have used Red Star, Preston, Carolina, APA just to name a few.
If the company can not stay competitive it really doesn't matter what the union wants. The company I list are prime examples of not staying competitive.
Lol I worked at 2 of them.haha.but even as a 25 year teamster.I agree with you.look at yrc now,prime example,lower wages 25% pension,now number2 on transport topics for 2017 ltl carriers,making more money then they ever did.they actually cut their debt in half.good post

I remember the automakers (with the exception of ford) begging for money because the govt bailed the banks out, had nothing to do with automation. more plants are being closed for different reasons, outdated, integrating more models into the same assembly line and lack of sales.
I agree

Protect jobs? OK. Drones and driverless trucks don't pay dues. Protect the Union? Absolutely! Create opportunities? Hardly. The union doesn't care about new opportunity being created by the advancement of drone and driverless truck technology, where better place to implement such technology than UPS?
The goveu would have to approve drivetless trucks.Not gonna happen in congested areas or near citys .This technology won't hsi in the ltl industry,nobody will spend this kind of money,Wall Mart maybe,but there not in the ltl business.UPS had no such plans for autonomous trucks.They like the rail and contractors.

The government would have to approve drivetless trucks.Not gonna happen in congested areas or near citys .This technology won't hsi in the ltl industry,nobody will spend this kind of money,Wall Mart maybe,but there not in the ltl business.UPS had no such plans for autonomous trucks.They like the rail and contractors.

Any LTL company that can pay that and have drivers isn't a competitor. The guys with wrecks and job bouncing and felonies need work, too. The idea there would be strategic collusion across the industry to stall and reverse driver wages is a union myth with no basis in economic reality. If that was a goal they never would have raised them after the gift excuse of a huge recession.
We thugs need work too.I can't wat for autonomous trucks.Back to the good old days of hijacking loads of booze and cigarettes.:draw::guiness::nutkick::poster oops:

The goveu would have to approve drivetless trucks.Not gonna happen in congested areas or near citys .This technology won't hsi in the ltl industry,nobody will spend this kind of money,Wall Mart maybe,but there not in the ltl business.UPS had no such plans for autonomous trucks.They like the rail and contractors.
You need to catch up, autonomous is here and now, it can blindside into an alley better and faster than you or me, it's not if it's when, and when is not far away.

You need to catch up, autonomous is here and now, it can blindside into an alley better and faster than you or me, it's not if it's when, and when is not far away.
The general public doesn't like trucks,What congressman or senator would back such a bill to allow driverless trucks on there highways.That's political *******.This technology for the LTL business won't be here for 20 years.The freight rates are low enough for shippers ,bargain prices with 3pls .Maybe the truckload may get it out west but not here not now.Ever deliver to a Wal-Mart ,they won't even go in the truck.Won't happen in my life time or yours.

The general public doesn't like trucks,What congressman or senator would back such a bill to allow driverless trucks on there highways.That's political *******.This technology for the LTL business won't be here for 20 years.The freight rates are low enough for shippers ,bargain prices with 3pls .Maybe the truckload may get it out west but not here not now.Ever deliver to a Wal-Mart ,they won't even go in the truck.Won't happen in my life time or yours.
I'll take that bet

Status
Not open for further replies.