XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t answer a single question I see. Different supplements ran by local union chapters. They are managing what they receive from companies better than others. They’re not like XPO saying I’m gonna different regions different rates just cause I know which ones will just take it. If you notice each supplement has a vote as well as vote on national contract. If ever put to vote I guarantee it would be to have western states control all of it.

So voting justifies inequity ?

I couldn’t agree with you more for some that vote for one party that’s never done nothing for labor and continues to deteriorate labor laws but say they’re union strong.

We would have stronger unions if we had stronger citizens. Washington has to much power. And the people with power in Washington are the same people we are employed by. They elected the " you're fired " guy as President. FFS

Holy :::shit:::. I asked you a question. If you don't know the answer or don't care, just say that. Asking me my own question back is pretty stupid. You are always saying look at the big picture. What has the YRC situation cost America ? Do you know ? Have you thought about it ?
No sir you didn’t ask me you made a statement and I’m just trying to figure out what you meant by it. No worries I know you just like to throw insults when there is nothing intelligent to reply.

I’ve asked this many times. If the Teamsters are as good as many say, we shouldn’t have to split hairs to see which company is paying the drivers more. The Teamsters have failed to raise the bar.
You and high speeds are trying to compare XPO financial situation to YRC. How can a YRCW road driver as myself make the same or higher than
Most XPO road driver at a 15% reduction in pay? Reminder I don’t run 600+ miles a night either I average 500-550 a night.

2.UPSF is at .72 cpm free healthcare
ABF will be at .67 cpm free healthcare
There’s your bar climb up and get there

I’ve asked this many times. If the Teamsters are as good as many say, we shouldn’t have to split hairs to see which company is paying the drivers more. The Teamsters have failed to raise the bar.

The Teamsters raise the bar where ever they are. I would argue that the 2015 Conway raises of 2.06 were a direct result of union certification in Laredo. Every Conway driver owed a big Thank you to the courage of the Laredo drivers. I would also argue that wages are just the tip of the iceberg when comparing to compensation packages. The difference in the health plans are worth the cost of dues alone. How about the job security offered by the grievance and arbitration process. If you look at all the policy changes since the purchase,all to the benefit of the company, you can't deny the value of a contract which forbids these changes unless they are bargained for. This isn't even an argument, in my opinion. The real power of the Teamster is being strangled by the drivers who fail to understand that they have the power to change everything by standing together with their union brothers and voting yes when the time comes. What product moves to market in this country WITHOUT a driver behind the wheel?

No sir you didn’t ask me you made a statement and I’m just trying to figure out what you meant by it. No worries I know you just like to throw insults when there is nothing intelligent to reply.

Wrong again. You have serious comprehension issues. Which is what stupid means. Just saying.

Look at post number 4932 in this thread. It's on page 247. I'll post it for you. Here ya go.

That's just plain dumb. Whatever makes you happy. Joins a loser and feels like a winner. Okay.

At least you ain't sitting on welfare. But then, with as much as the YRC debacle has probably cost America. It might be cheaper to get you on the government card.

You always talk about the total compensation. What about the total loss ? I wonder what that adds up to ?

Economic guys always talk about how " Mc " jobs are losses for the economy. Those people don't have health care or livable wages and it costs tax payers more than if those people didn't work at all. Obviously, you're wages and health care are better. But there is still a cost to all of this give back stuff. I wonder what that is. In total. How much it has hurt in lost tax revenue. Unemployment payments. So on.

It's a typically constructed post from me. I make some statements. Then make a space. To show separation of thought. And then directly address you in the third " paragraph ". And follow that with two questions. They both actually ask the same thing. But by asking twice in different a manner I hope to get a decent response. And to help increase the odds of a response the next " paragraph " gives some ideas to help you along your way to formulating a competent thought.

I'll even help you out here. I truly thought that you would have replied with the union line. Which would have been: I don't what it cost, but it would have cost America a whole lot more to put all those people out of work all at once. Especially considering the economy at that time.

But you are so brain dead and hell bent on picking fights and destroying any attempt at conversation on this thread that you didn't even come up with that. Pretty bad. Really. Notice how lately you and your goons have been challenged and your posts and replies are getting smaller and smaller. Almost as though you have nothing intelligent to say ? And in the same time sucker666 and Hollywoodz posts are getting longer, more frequent and showing greater depth of thought ?

Do you have any idea how much damage you are doing ? You are the typical union slug that we all hate. The standard reason why many of us with union options took a non union job. Give these people a chance. Shut up and go away. It would help them out a bunch.

Wrong again. You have serious comprehension issues. Which is what stupid means. Just saying.

Look at post number 4932 in this thread. It's on page 247. I'll post it for you. Here ya go.

It's a typically constructed post from me. I make some statements. Then make a space. To show separation of thought. And then directly address you in the third " paragraph ". And follow that with two questions. They both actually ask the same thing. But by asking twice in different a manner I hope to get a decent response. And to help increase the odds of a response the next " paragraph " gives some ideas to help you along your way to formulating a competent thought.

I'll even help you out here. I truly thought that you would have replied with the union line. Which would have been: I don't what it cost, but it would have cost America a whole lot more to put all those people out of work all at once. Especially considering the economy at that time.

But you are so brain dead and hell bent on picking fights and destroying any attempt at conversation on this thread that you didn't even come up with that. Pretty bad. Really. Notice how lately you and your goons have been challenged and your posts and replies are getting smaller and smaller. Almost as though you have nothing intelligent to say ? And in the same time sucker666 and Hollywoodz posts are getting longer, more frequent and showing greater depth of thought ?

Do you have any idea how much damage you are doing ? You are the typical union slug that we all hate. The standard reason why many of us with union options took a non union job. Give these people a chance. Shut up and go away. It would help them out a bunch.
What do you mean by this YRC debacle cost America comment? Your entitled to your opinion which I think is non union no matter what. That’s ok everyone won’t be pro union no matter how bad it will be.

WOW!!!!!

What do you mean by this YRC debacle cost America comment? Your entitled to your opinion which I think is non union no matter what. That’s ok everyone won’t be pro union no matter how bad it will be.

How much did it cost in lost taxes, unemployment paid, people having health problems while laid off and uninsured and so on. What was the cost to America? For the YRC nose dive ?

The Teamsters have lowered the bar. As has been pointed out repeatedly, when they took the cuts, we all took cuts too.

You and high speeds are trying to compare XPO financial situation to YRC. How can a YRCW road driver as myself make the same or higher than
Most XPO road driver at a 15% reduction in pay? Reminder I don’t run 600+ miles a night either I average 500-550 a night.

And YRC is still the largest LTL in the country. When you stop under cutting the industry with your give backs. Maybe all the rest of us can get on up that ladder.

The Teamsters raise the bar where ever they are. I would argue that the 2015 Conway raises of 2.06 were a direct result of union certification in Laredo. Every Conway driver owed a big Thank you to the courage of the Laredo drivers. I would also argue that wages are just the tip of the iceberg when comparing to compensation packages. The difference in the health plans are worth the cost of dues alone. How about the job security offered by the grievance and arbitration process. If you look at all the policy changes since the purchase,all to the benefit of the company, you can't deny the value of a contract which forbids these changes unless they are bargained for. This isn't even an argument, in my opinion. The real power of the Teamster is being strangled by the drivers who fail to understand that they have the power to change everything by standing together with their union brothers and voting yes when the time comes. What product moves to market in this country WITHOUT a driver behind the wheel?

Then how come we didn't get huge raises when the other barns voted ? You got some holes in your logic.

And we see how well those teamsters at YRC stood together to vote yes to the give backs. That union strong thing can back fire on you.

Then how come we didn't get huge raises when the other barns voted ? You got some holes in your logic.

And we see how well those teamsters at YRC stood together to vote yes to the give backs. That union strong thing can back fire on you.

Because most of the other barns succumbed to the union busters lies and voted no. YRC is an example of not being able to get blood from a stone. Their financials were horrible and the union had to concede to keep the company alive. I'm hoping their payback will come soon in the 2019 negotiations.

Yet there’s other union shops we make more than. Even the ones that make more, the gap isn’t that big. They’ve failed to raise the bar.

In another post, you said you didn’t intend to raise bar. Now you do?

You still won’t answer question of what has YRC debacle cost america. You throw theory’s out that you can’t back up.
I've asked before and I'll ask again: Roughly how much money for 10 years ( come 2019 ) has each driver lost to keep YRC companies afloat?

According to your post , you came AFTER the vote for -15% ... I remember a driver telling me that there used to be a running tally on his paystub of how much the -15% added up to.

I would think for negotiation purposes the Teamsters would know the EXACT AMOUNT in order to beat company negotiators over the head every time they want to say no to anything the union would ask for.

It has to be a truly staggering amount of money. And depending on your point of view , either an amazing story of the working man and woman saving a company or an enormous rip off of the working man and woman to fund a losing battle.

What did it cost? To answer your question...all of that money that went to the company didn't go to thousands of drivers and workers. Thousands of paychecks were a little bit short for almost 10 years. Lost taxes and spending power.

To put it another way 15% of wages for an average driver in a 401k for the past 10 years would have EASILY been over a $100,000.

Multiemployer pension a ‘ticking time bomb’ for Teamsters’ trucking retirees

"The U.S. Chamber has estimated multiemployer plans contributed more than $2.3 trillion to the U.S. economy in 2015, the last full year for which records are available.

The multiemployer pension plans of 1.5 million workers and retirees nationwide are facing shortfalls and are at risk of insolvency in the coming decade. Multiemployer plans are at risk because there are about four retirees pulling benefits for every active worker. There are only about 80,000 unionized workers, mostly Teamsters, in the heavy freight sector of the trucking industry. Their dues are supporting perhaps as many as 350,000 unionized retirees, many in trucking industry. (UPS Teamsters, which number about 260,000, are in separate pension plans).

The Teamsters Central States pension plan is the largest multiemployer plan in the nation. Sen. Brown said there are “more than 100” multiemployer plans at risk, threatening tens of thousands of workers and businesses around the nation.

The Central States plan is forecast to become bankrupt sometime in the next decade. Central States receives contributions from just 54,698 active workers to pay out benefits to 214,243 retirees—a ratio of 1 active to 4 retirees vs. the 4 actives to 1 retiree ratio in 1980."

- Logistics Management.com

In another post, you said you didn’t intend to raise bar. Now you do?

Once again, your attempt to twist my meaning is futile. The quote I responded to mentioned wages. There is so much more to this than just wages. The entire compensation package must be considered. In addition, the entire language and policy package is equally important. Teamsters raise the bar for everyone else, including non union shops because they raise the bar. A non union shop will typically remain close to union wage for the specific reason of keeping the union out. If the ultimate plan to destroy all unions succeeds, who will set the bar then? The companies will and then you will truly witness the race to the bottom. What happens when Amazon buys us out? Will we all get applications to reapply for our own damn jobs at 21.00 per hour. Or will they graciously raise our wages to 35.00 per hour? I'm betting on the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.