XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bad news. I was hoping it would go all the way and drag these smaller terminals with them!

If there was going to be any dragging or bandwagon-jumping, it would have happened already. Probably after the first few votes, but before they settled into siege mode.

I wish there was a way to see where they've campaigned, not just where petitions and ULPs have been filed. Something like 15 barns have made it to a petition in the last 2.5 years- how many didn't even make it that far? How many realistic opportunities do they have left?

Plus they would have canned that "lean" manager over there as a bonus.

Did they keep their Lean guy? I thought they scattered those people to the winds.

If there was going to be any dragging or bandwagon-jumping, it would have happened already. Probably after the first few votes, but before they settled into siege mode.

I wish there was a way to see where they've campaigned, not just where petitions and ULPs have been filed. Something like 15 barns have made it to a petition in the last 2.5 years- how many didn't even make it that far? How many realistic opportunities do they have left?

Did they keep their Lean guy? I thought they scattered those people to the winds.
At the location i work at ,They made the Lean guy in to Assistance director of operations. So not only did he get a bigger office he a got a bigger pay check company car to go along with a big bonus..

Not true. Read the FedEx union page. It's closed but still has the FACTS on it. They got there raises in union barns.
At what point did I say they are not getting any raise. From what the union says the company does have to give them any raise that is not previously scheduled.

Did they keep their Lean guy? I thought they scattered those people to the winds.[/QUOTE]

Actually the lean manager for the southeast took the nbm scm job before the death of the lean deal.
I hate running linehaul over there just in the fact I may see the Guy He is a classic forget where you came from individual. (Arrogant)

Actually the lean manager for the southeast took the nbm scm job before the death of the lean deal.
I hate running linehaul over there just in the fact I may see the Guy He is a classic forget where you came from individual. (Arrogant)[/QUOTE]

I'm a DSR @ NBM and I barely see him. He's either not there, on the phone or in his office with the door shut.

I hate running linehaul over there just in the fact I may see the Guy He is a classic forget where you came from individual. (Arrogant)

I'm a DSR @ NBM and I barely see him. He's either not there, on the phone or in his office with the door shut.[/QUOTE]

He used to be a great local manager for us here. Sorry to say he long since relinquished that title.
With the union scare that took place there in nbm, I'm sure he has been steadily fighting back the flames of unemployment. I dont wish anything bad for anyone; however he would surely not be missed.

I Just looked. I saw a change in April. I think the January thing was after that last big push from the union when we ended up with almost a $2 hr raise.
We didn't get that $2.00. .50 I think. We were told we are paid market value. Almost all of New England gets paid more than my barn. Still sits in my craw....

We only got .50 also. Guys at our barn are always pissed off that a terminal 50 miles away gets a 1.00 more than us. The bad side of market based pay is if everyone else stagnates then so do we. Remember plan with deregulation was to create more competition in the the market place to drive cost down. The bad thing is wages follow.

We only got .50 also. Guys at our barn are always pissed off that a terminal 50 miles away gets a 1.00 more than us. The bad side of market based pay is if everyone else stagnates then so do we. Remember plan with deregulation was to create more competition in the the market place to drive cost down. The bad thing is wages follow.
In 99 when I hired I believe our top out was a little over $19 hr. Adjusted for inflation today would be about$28 hr. So we haven't quite kept up with inflation but compared to other segments of the labor market we are doing great, especially when compared to other trucking segments. Ltl is a strange niche because the big players control so much of the market share pricing is more stable so pay is better in ltl.

QUOTE="sucker666, post: 1125376, member: 24894"]More low paying jobs from a leader in of those type of jobs. Fine example of another company that no matter how successful and how high their stock and profits go they don't share the wealth. Seems like the new norm with these companies as they emulate each other. Profits for the top at all cost.[/QUOTE]
I think you got this wrong 666. According to the company's and union haters. It's the unions who are killing all the good wages and benefits. If it wasn't for all this big companies worker's wouldn't have anything. I mean come on you know you have to pay those high union fee's. And then they don't set any standards.. I'm sure Russia is paying the unions off to break down The American Economy.

Keep it xpo related only please.
Sorry i was going by this.. I'll keep it in track
Yes, lie 7 times and people believe the bullshit lies of the company, company was telling Birmingham yard that Miami had a terrible contract, that they amounted to ground zero and all they were gonna gain was a massive union due for nothing.
They told Birmingham is this what you want for a contract?
When in reality XPO corporate and our brothers from Miami has come to a 26 conditional agreements that are going to benefit all in the future.
Dignity and Respect is acknowledged finally with a soon to vote for a well defined Collective Bargaining Agreement for all.

Keep it xpo related only please.
Since XPO is on the Eastern Seaboard I hope my post doesn't stray from the XPO subject or the Union Thread.

On the east coast of the US the union workforce is the strongest. Just ask a Longshoreman if you doubt that. In studies by different groups the wage gap between union & non union worker is a small gap. The presence of say a small union trucking helps keep the non union wage close to the union wage for the same type of work. If you have a hard time finding drivers to deliver your freight paying them say 15an hour, & your competitor down the street doing the same exact thing is paying their driver 20 an hour, what do you do? You pay your employees 19 an hour & almost the same benefits but a little less. If you don't, you don't stay in business in that market for long. Now, take the same & move it to Fargo, ND. The answer is all so different. Very little pressure or reason to raise the pay of the non union worker. Even if you hate the thought of a union, reality on the east coast is the union pay scale goes a long way in influencing the non union workers pay.

Just watched Chicago Med & one of the lines was the Chief ER doctor told a resident doctor they were expected to work 80 hours a week & to accept it. Work conditions. One of the main reasons the Union/Labor market was formed years ago. Another thought. You enter the ER banged up from an accident. The doctor is working next to you on a patient with the curtain drawn. You hear him complain to the nurse he has been up 24 hours & has to meet his 80 hour a week work load. The curtain opens & he says high I am Dr Tired. Pray he is focused enough to not kill you. As your wife takes the kids to grandmothers, pray the truck driver beside her is not trying to reach that 80 hour week. von.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.