XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the union will be running to court to call foul on this vote.

There's no doubt that things were said or done that were illegal by the company. Paying a small fine means nothing to them compared to having to negotiate with their labor. There was a campaign at my location and seen first hand drivers that signed cards and folded once they were leaned on. My location is 50/50 for and against. Take away all the tactics used against organization for fair health and retirement that 50 would jump more than enough. They talked enough guys out of it and chose to give up any possibility of this job being a career like it was at one time.

The captive audience is strong advantage for the company. There was no clear victory at Xwc the vote was split and therefore the situation is status quo and the vote has not been certified.
I wouldn't glowte as if it were a clear cut victory if I was someone in management.. the work place is now split.
The men a Xwc had the courage to take a stance to try and make there situation better and for that they deserve respect.
A company that spends hundreds of thousands to suppress there workers does not.
More to come very soon

Last edited:
dtNJaJ6.jpg
Duh!

There's no doubt that things were said or done that were illegal by the company.

There is no doubt? If that was true the union would have been on their megaphones that night crying foul.

There was a campaign at my location and seen first hand drivers that signed cards and folded once they were leaned on.

Or perhaps they just got the other side of the story and decided for themselves what was best for them and their families.

They talked enough guys out of it and chose to give up any possibility of this job being a career like it was at one time.

It's still a career for most of us.

The captive audience is strong advantage for the company.

Yeah sure, especially when those meetings are held weeks or months after a campaign starts- after employees have been conditioned to believe that everything said by the company and the union busters is a lie for all that time. It's a little surprising those meetings work at all- I wouldn't call it a strong advantage. Not when the union gets a head start and the ability to harass you at home, at work, on the phone, and feeds you false hope for weeks beforehand.

There was no clear victory at Xwc the vote was split and therefore the situation is status quo and the vote has not been certified.

The vote hasn't been certified because they have 7 days to contest the results. It has nothing to do with the vote count.

I wouldn't glowte as if it were a clear cut victory if I was someone in management.. the work place is now split.

First, the work place is split as soon as you try to organize. The whole campaign is about who is trying to screw you, who is a rat, who are the suckups, who is a team player. You don't get to start a union drive and then complain about the division.

Second, I haven't seen any gloating. Frankly, it's the opposite- it's hard to keep up with how things are going. I'd kinda like to see XPO be a little more open about it through official channels.

Third, there are W's and there are L's. No one cares about the scoreboard.

The men a Xwc had the courage to take a stance to try and make there situation better and for that they deserve respect.

Sure, I'll give them that. And I'll go one better and say that they deserve respect for knowing when to get up from the table and cash out. Got to know when to fold 'em.

There is no doubt? If that was true the union would have been on their megaphones that night crying foul.

Or perhaps they just got the other side of the story and decided for themselves what was best for them and their families.

It's still a career for most of us.
The career part went out the window when they froze the pension, dropped the Company match in the 401 K , etc. It then became just another job. Just saying.

The career part went out the window when they froze the pension, dropped the Company match in the 401 K , etc. It then became just another job. Just saying.
Agreed that's where its been going for a while. Those who believe different have low expectations accompanied with lack of experience in industry which you can't blame them for if their a newcomer. Some people do not have very high expectations and you can't expect everyone to hold high standards for themselves or a company they work and that's ok for them. I think the majority of us don't fall into this category .
I don't think most of us who have been in the industry for a while have unrealistic expectations. We just want this occupation to remain a viable way to make a living.
Anyone who's actually worked for this company knows what we have lossed over the years and has heard all the promises that have been broken. Anybody with access to the internet can research Brad Jacobs and his past businesss and practices and see enough to make them question The potential for xpo to do more of the same.

Last edited:
Agreed that's where its been going for a while. Those who believe different have low expectations accompanied with lack of experience in industry which you can't blame them for if their a newcomer.
I don't think most of us who have been in the industry for a while have unrealistic expectations. We just want this occupation to remain a viable way to make a living.
Anyone who's actually worked for this company knows what we have lossed over the years and has heard all the promises that have been broken. Anybody with access to the internet can research Brad Jacobs and his past businesss and practices and see enough to make them question The potential for xpo to do more of the same.
Well said!!!

Yeah sure, especially when those meetings are held weeks or months after a campaign starts- after employees have been conditioned to believe that everything said by the company and the union busters is a lie for all that time. It's a little surprising those meetings work at all- I wouldn't call it a strong advantage. Not when the union gets a head start and the ability to harass you at home, at work, on the phone, and feeds you false hope for weeks beforehand.

The vote hasn't been certified because they have 7 days to contest the results. It has nothing to do with the vote count.

First, the work place is split as soon as you try to organize. The whole campaign is about who is trying to screw you, who is a rat, who are the suckups, who is a team player. You don't get to start a union drive and then complain about the division.

Second, I haven't seen any gloating. Frankly, it's the opposite- it's hard to keep up with how things are going. I'd kinda like to see XPO be a little more open about it through official channels.

Third, there are W's and there are L's. No one cares about the scoreboard.

Sure, I'll give them that. And I'll go one better and say that they deserve respect for knowing when to get up from the table and cash out. Got to know when to fold 'em.
Wow! you described my coworkers except you forgot to add the sellout part.
Now makes me wonder if you know them?

Xwc has officially filed objections to the vote due too unfair practices by the company that occurred just prior to the vote.
The company has been using unfair practices since people have been trying to organize. Like I mentioned before, on our petition management had one on one talks with some mechanics and bribed them.
I'm pretty sure that's against the law especially when we're trying to organize.
I could be wrong on that being against the law. Since management does so often.

Xwc has officially filed objections to the vote due too unfair practices by the company that occurred just prior to the vote.

LOL- when the company objects, the union says it's "delaying justice" and ignoring the voice of the workers. Don't suppose I'll hear any of those complaints about this one.

Agreed that's where its been going for a while. Those who believe different have low expectations accompanied with lack of experience in industry which you can't blame them for if their a newcomer. Some people do not have very high expectations and you can't expect everyone to hold high standards for themselves or a company they work and that's ok for them.

So if you don't support organizing you must be a new guy with low standards for the company and yourself? You know who actually supports organizing? Naïve new guys and bitter old guys. They like the bitter old guys best- anger really helps sell the product.

Translation: "We want all the stuff we used to have." All of that nonsense about realistic expectations and a "viable way to make a living" is the sound of someone who can't let go of an entitlement. This job is a career- it pays very well, with good benefits. I know people in government jobs, people in tech jobs, people with multiple college degrees who don't get what I get while I'm out here in the city being "cheated".

Anyone who's actually worked for this company knows what we have lossed over the years and has heard all the promises that have been broken.

I've got a frozen pension- and a 401k that has earned 8 percent. I survived the PTO change- took plenty of time off and still do. I remember the wage cuts- and how we got them back in a matter of months. Things change- it can be scary, but it doesn't mean the boogeyman is coming to get you.

Anybody with access to the internet can research Brad Jacobs and his past businesss and practices and see enough to make them question.

And anyone can do the same thing with the Teamsters- just like Birmingham did. Just like Westchester did.

There nothing we can do about union busters that troll this site. I know for a fact they are here and paid on retainer by are company since 2014. I think they are quite apparent to us all with the conversation I have had with many here . I have statements made here that only insiders that were involved directly in the process would know. I think they stand out at this point quite clearly. I am not talking about drivers that post here with a different opinion than mine which leads to constructive conversations here. I'm referring to knowledgeable people who are well versed in our company culture and the organizing process at the same time.
If you look at their post history and when they arrived here on this site it becomes even clearer.
My intent here is not to point outany particular person or persons but just to make sure everyone is on the same page. They can be here and voice there veiws and do their job. But realize that's it's their job and their post are here to sway overall opinion.
I have friends that were in very high places after all my years with con-way and I can assure you my info is correct. The company had become very concerned a few years back with this site becoming a problem for them with correct information getting out and they did what they had to do here.
I hope this helps clarify and enlighten what is going on here so the driver here can converse as drivers trying to deal with getting correct info and debating the merits of either side. The lope sided view of having a paid union buster quote everyone's post here with his jilted view is not constructive for a debate and I hope with time this will become even more apparent to the site management. It's getting old.

Last edited:
There nothing we can do about union busters that troll this site. I know for a fact they are here and paid on retainer by are company since 2014. I think they are quite apparent to us all with the conversation I have had with many here . I have statements made here that only insiders that were involved directly in the process would know. I think they stand out at this point quite clearly. I am not talking about drivers that post here with a different opinion than mine which leads to constructive conversations here. I'm referring to knowledgeable people who are well versed in our company culture and the organizing process at the same time.
If you look at their post history and when they arrived here on this site it becomes even clearer.
My intent here is not to point outany particular person or persons but just to make sure everyone is on the same page. They can be here and voice there veiws and do their job. But realize that's it's their job and their post are here to sway overall opinion.
I have friends that were in very high places after all my years with con-way and I can assure you my info is correct. The company had become very concerned a few years back with this site becoming a problem for them with correct information getting out and they did what they had to do here.
I hope this helps clarify and enlighten what is going on here so the driver here can converse as drivers trying to deal with getting correct info and debating the merits of either side. The lope sided view of having a paid union buster quote everyone's post here with his jilted view is not constructive for a debate and I hope with time this will become even more apparent to the site management. It's getting old.
With all due respect, Jeff the site owner allows it to go both ways. There are pro union surrogates here as well as pro company. I find it sad that you and others feel those who don't want the union are traitors and scabs. We will continue to allow both sides to voice their opinions in this thread.

With all due respect, Jeff the site owner allows it to go both ways. There are pro union surrogates here as well as pro company. I find it sad that you and others feel those who don't want the union are traitors and scabs. We will continue to allow both sides to voice their opinions in this thread.
Please don't put words out there that I didn't say I have no problem with people that hold non union views and I respect their views and opinions. I did not and will not refer to anyone as a traitor or scab that's not my style and I hold offense to you using those words as something I would use.

One can only express their wishes and in reality deal with what's possible.
Thanks for at least listening to and responding to my post.

Please don't put words out there that I didn't say I have no problem with people that hold non union views and I respect their views and opinions. I did not and will not refer to anyone as a traitor or scab that's not my style and I hold offense to you using those words as something I would use.
With respect, I went through your post history. You have never denegrated fellow employees. I apologize for including you with the others who have done it.

If you take notice I do note generally quote for others post he because I'm not here to argue or take away from others others views
With respect, I went through your post history. You have never denegrated fellow employees. I apologize for including you with the others who have done it.
No problems.. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.