XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd noticed, the couple of members that are close to the situation have decided to stop posting about it.

Why do you think that is?
The Teamsters's were there to protest only . They were not there to negotiate. The vote at Trenton has not been certified yet. It will be but not yet because the company through up an objection based on the Teamsters posted a victory on the day of the vote minutes before the vote was over.
The 3 drivers that were fired were all Comitee members responsible for help bring the union in. It's as simple as that. 2 were 20 yr plus employees with stellar employment records. Model employees far from trouble makers. The line haul driver were using the hazmat route to circumvent construction traffic ( no financial gain worth losing there job was There to be gained ) . The city driver worked two 12 hour days and his paper log on those two days didn't match his electronic punch. That's it . He was not accused of stealing just falsifying his log.
What you don't know is the Manager vowed to get the those responsible for bringing the union in when they filed their petition for a vote openly multiple times. He did just that.
What they fired these drivers for is nothing that any of us would not be guilty of knowing or unknowably. If I where to purposely held a microscope to any of us I can find a violation of some sort. If you think your perfect and without fault your full of ::shit:: . The idea that these drivers turned rouge and became trouble makers is not even worth responding to. We all know you don't last 20 plus years here being a problem.
If exercising their Legal right to form a union in their workplace makes them a problem then I guess their guilty.
All 3 of the drivers have sought legal representation and I guarantee they will get their jobs back . I am that sure of it.
The reason I have not responded back is two fold . I have struggled and resisted to perpetuate exactly what the company wanted by posting here about this is to scare anyone thinking about organizing their workplace that you could lose you job for doing so.
Secondly I wanted everyone to ask their TM what happened there to here the responses and I did not here anything. No your TM can not discuss specifics such as names but they can tell you in general what happened without violating anyone's privacy. What I wanted is for you all to know is what and why you can be fired .
I know each one of these guys personally and have talked to them since the action the company took.

The Teamsters's were there to protest only . They were not there to negotiate. The vote at Trenton has not been certified yet. It will be but not yet because the company through up an objection based on the Teamsters posted a victory on the day of the vote minutes before the vote was over.
The 3 drivers that were fired were all Comitee members responsible for help bring the union in. It's as simple as that. 2 were 20 yr plus employees with stellar employment records. Model employees far from trouble makers. The line haul driver were using the hazmat route to circumvent construction traffic ( no financial gain worth losing there job was There to be gained ) . The city driver worked two 12 hour days and his paper log on those two days didn't match his electronic punch. That's it . He was not accused of stealing just falsifying his log.
What you don't know is the Manager vowed to get the those responsible for bringing the union in when they filed their petition for a vote openly multiple times. He did just that.
What they fired these drivers for is nothing that any of us would not be guilty of knowing or unknowably. If I where to purposely held a microscope to any of us I can find a violation of some sort. If you think your perfect and without fault your full of :::shit::: . The idea that these drivers turned rouge and became trouble makers is not even worth responding to. We all know you don't last 20 plus years here being a problem.
If exercising their Legal right to form a union in their workplace makes them a problem then I guess their guilty.
All 3 of the drivers have sought legal representation and I guarantee they will get their jobs back . I am that sure of it.
The reason I have not responded back is two fold . I have struggled and resisted to perpetuate exactly what the company wanted by posting here about this is to scare anyone thinking about organizing their workplace that you could lose you job for doing so.
Secondly I wanted everyone to ask their TM what happened there to here the responses and I did not here anything. No your TM can not discuss specifics such as names but they can tell you in general what happened without violating anyone's privacy. What I wanted is for you all to know is what and why you can be fired .
I know each one of these guys personally and have talked to them since the action the company took.

I don't know anything about the city driver, but falsifying logs sounds like a problem.

The linehaul drivers had been doing this for a long time (from what I hear from other linehaul drivers that run with them). The haz-mat route is not there to avoid traffic, especially if authorization is not granted. There has been training classes for FOS's recently, related to the e-logs, and one of the subjects covered what auditing the pay sheets closely. That's how it was discovered.

I don't really have a strong opinion about the organizing efforts, I'm not for it, but to each his own. But maybe these 2/3 guys aren't the best spokesmen.

Again I don't post here to sing the accolades of the union. I want everyone to know what is going on in the process when it come to are struggle to organize are workplace . I fully respect everyone right to chose what they want in their workplace. We chose to have union representation.
I will be the first one to tell anyone if we weren't getting any gain from being a union shop.
If the company does something that is not aboveboard I think everyone has the need to know about it. Same goes for the union leadship if that were the case.

The tone of your posts suggest differently.

It's understandable that you feel that way.

Sometimes, when one has a strong view about something, he tends to get very defensive about the slightest criticism of that point.

So when I suggest that having a rally in defense of drivers who have been stealing time may not be the best way to gain support from those on the fence, and even ridicule the participants a bit, you see it as a broad stoke condemning the union effort. Not at all. If you actually work for XPO, feel free to try and organize your barn, I won't stand in your way.

If you don't, then what is your interest?

We have our second sit down negotiations this coming week. I also know that Miami is making progress as of late.
Just so everyone is clear this is a first contract negotiation. When laying out a first contracts they take more time . There is nothing in place when you start from scratch everything has to be negotiated from ground zero. This will take some time because of this. We will get a contract In the end.

Last edited:
It's understandable that you feel that way.

Sometimes, when one has a strong view about something, he tends to get very defensive about the slightest criticism of that point.

So when I suggest that having a rally in defense of drivers who have been stealing time may not be the best way to gain support from those on the fence, and even ridicule the participants a bit, you see it as a broad stoke condemning the union effort. Not at all. If you actually work for XPO, feel free to try and organize your barn, I won't stand in your way.

If you don't, then what is your interest?
Well, I have no real interest, or skin in the game but, when somebody makes up stories or has no real knowledge of what happened and tries to ridicule them by making up bs stories I just have to call them on it. That said I'm done speaking about it.

Well, I have no real interest, or skin in the game but, when somebody makes up stories or has no real knowledge of what happened and tries to ridicule them by making up bs stories I just have to call them on it. That said I'm done speaking about it.
So what BS stories were being told. If you read all the teamster stuff all they say is that they were fire for served on the union Organizing Committee and that it. I sure that XPO knows it is illegal to fire someone just for that, but you do need to remember when you go against any one or company they will dig any and all the dirt up on you. I not saying not to do or be on the union Organizing Committee I just saying you background and work record will be put under a microscope.

Last edited:

This is from the company policy handbook Policy Number 711 section III.
"Employees who are involuntarily terminated will be informed of their right to appeal the termination decision to the Employee Termination Review Board (P&P 712). Only a Director or Vice President of Human Resources has the authority to make an employment termination decision"

So have did the local manger get them??? He does not have the authority to terminate any employee that's done higher up the chain.

This is from the company policy handbook Policy Number 711 section III.
"Employees who are involuntarily terminated will be informed of their right to appeal the termination decision to the Employee Termination Review Board (P&P 712). Only a Director or Vice President of Human Resources has the authority to make an employment termination decision"

So have did the local manger get them??? He does not have the authority to terminate any employee that's done higher up the chain.
I worked here long enough and know the process of how and who can do terminations. Managers can only set it in motion and present the evidence. I let you figure the rest out . I think you can.

So what BS stories were being told. If you read all the teamster stuff all they say is that they were fire for served on the union Organizing Committee and that it. I sure that XPO knows it is illegal to fire someone just for that, but you do need to remember when you go against any one or company they will dig any and all the dirt up on you. I not saying not to do or be on the union Organizing Committee I just saying you background and work record will be put under a microscope.
I was referring to you're bs about the teamsters sending women to talk to the cops, going to the tm's office to negotiate, then that changed to negotiate jobs back, when in reality it was an informational picket, probably because of the firings but completely legal. You just seem to make up scenarios to fit the moment and try for a cheap shot.

I was referring to you're bs about the teamsters sending women to talk to the cops, going to the tm's office to negotiate, then that changed to negotiate jobs back, when in reality it was an informational picket, probably because of the firings but completely legal. You just seem to make up scenarios to fit the moment and try for a cheap shot.
Well go back a read I never said that I just ask why the cops were called

I worked here long enough and know the process of how and who can do terminations. Managers can only set it in motion and present the evidence. I let you figure the rest out . I think you can.
Must have had some pretty damming evidence then

Status
Not open for further replies.