XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I ask the drive that told me about this. He said a XPH driver told him that the 2 that got fired asked there TM if they could use the hazmat route vs then normal route due to heavy morning traffic. I was told that the TM said yes. The problem is that they were marking hazmat route on their pay sheets and getting the extra miles which simply put is stealing. Now I do believe if they they only marked the hazmat route on their pay sheets when they had hazmat onboard they would still be employed.
I sure when the elogs are fully up a running we will hear of drivers being talk to about excessive long stops on the way to and from the FAC. You know the sleepers that show up at 0300 so they don't have to work the dock.
If the manager ( your TM ) tells you it's OK to drive around congestion along the hazmat route and you mark that you drove that route to be paid the additional mileage , is that stealing?

Not familiar with linehaul but in my neck of the woods I see XPO sets going all kinds of different routes( probably to get around congestion ) Drivers slumped over steering wheels napping in parking lots and pulled over on the shoulder. As long as they are safe it doesn't bother me.

Please realize that linehaul is one of the BIGGEST expenses to any LTL company and what the drivers do will draw lots of attention from bean counters and management - even if it's mostly at night.

If the manager ( your TM ) tells you it's OK to drive around congestion along the hazmat route and you mark that you drove that route to be paid the additional mileage , is that stealing?

Not familiar with linehaul but in my neck of the woods I see XPO sets going all kinds of different routes( probably to get around congestion ) Drivers slumped over steering wheels napping in parking lots and pulled over on the shoulder. As long as they are safe it doesn't bother me.

Please realize that linehaul is one of the BIGGEST expenses to any LTL company and what the drivers do will draw lots of attention from bean counters and management - even if it's mostly at night.
Truth is, no one knows exactly what was said except the parties involved. TM cannot authorize a route change. Only linehaul can. That said, my understanding is that hm routes are to be used when hmob, is that correct?

I imagine all of the "big brother" issues will intensify as the elogs roll out.

Why?

XPO has shown that they can lead the LTL business to save more money and cut costs. What they also have been consistent on is NOT COMMUNICATING.

Lack of communication has been the XPO's signature move. Gathering all of the managers and keeping them for a week of meetings. Also did meetings with the account executives/salespeople. Had one podcast in September with a way to ask questions DIRECTLY to the top management and that was killed IMMEDIATELY.

Upper management struggles to communicate with everyday workers. Look how the union vote information was handled: different from location to location.

The very last priority are the frontline workers when it comes to getting information out and getting feedback. This isn't a swipe at XPO , just looking at a few examples since they've been in charge.

The lack of a clear policy that is well thought out an applied evenly across the company when it comes to elogs will lead to more local management doing random "make-it-up-as-you-go" crap.

If true, good. I hate a thief.
I'm sitting here drinking my 20 dollar Starbucks coffee.LMAO. at this comment and at all of you who liked it.. You guy's are funny..
........ YOU HATE THIEVES....... Lol..
Oh by the way
...My coffee is from 7-11 ($1.00)it's just in a Starbucks cup. I just want to feel important...and impress people.

I'm sitting here drinking my 20 dollar Starbucks coffee.LMAO. at this comment and at all of you who liked it.. You guy's are funny..
Oh by the way
...My coffee is from 7-11 ($1.00)it's just in a Starbucks cup. I just want to feel important...and impress people.
Yes I do. Especially those who steal from other honest employees. Enjoy your coffee and whatever else you put in it.

Oh by the way
So the guys at YRC Atlanta that stole the guns should not be in jail?

Yeah yeah i know what most of you are thinking...
It's all the union's fault.. Union's don't do anything for anyone..
This self contractor's have won this law suit all on their own.. With no help from anyone. The company's just want to be fair and pay them what their owed.

Yeah yeah i know what most of you are thinking...
It's all the union's fault.. Union's don't do anything for anyone..
This self contractor's have won this law suit all on their own.. With no help from anyone. The company's just want to be fair and pay them what their owed.
You're comparing apples to ****ing hand grenades, I don't know what happened and neither do you, but if they weren't due the money and falsified their pay sheet they were stealing.

You're comparing apples to :censored: hand grenades, I don't know what happened and neither do you, but if they weren't due the money and falsified their pay sheet they were stealing.
So it's ok to hate one set of thieves but not the other one's? And i'm pretty sure most of us have done thing's that contradict Policy or the Law. Were no saints.. Especially this guy.
>>>>>>>>stand4afuture<<<<<<<<

I go to work, I hit Kronos. I leave work, I hit Kronos. Every Thursday I collect a paycheck from hitting Kronos. What the company that bought my company has done or is doing with others isn't my business, just keep paying me so I can retire soon.

So it's ok to hate one set of thieves but not the other one's? And i'm pretty sure most of us have done thing's that contradict Policy or the Law. Were no saints.. Especially this guy.
>>>>>>>>stand4afuture<<<<<<<<
You are either not listening or have comprehension issues, whether you steal a piece of gum or a diamond ring it's stealing and it's wrong. Your union affiliation doesn't matter.

I urge everyone to ask their tm what happened with the 3 drivers at Trenton. Then do your own research and let us know here what they find. Let see how truthful the answers are. I have all the facts and will post them here but only when we here the stories you get. I think it's very important we get both sides to this out to everyone before we jump to a side.
I'm not trying to be coy I just want to here what the company line is before I devoulge what I know.
Well spill the fact you have. I know for a fact that my TM will not talk about any firing even if it's one at our barn.

Most of the guys I know that were fired had issues with management or what some might consider troublemakers. In short they didn't play well with others. Moral of the story, if you're drawing alot of attention to yourself you better keep your nose clean.

I've been here for a while, and it's still shocking to me how difficult this concept is for people to get their heads around.

Also, it kills the idea that we need protection from our "at-will" employer. If they could and were truly willing to fire someone "at-will", they wouldn't need to wait for you to falsify your logs, steal time, strike out on attendance or create a long enough paper trail. They'd just show you the door.

Look Dogs I know all 3 of the drivers that were fired in Trenton. They are being represented by the Union. Unfair Labor Practice charges have been filed against the company. The Company fired these guys for one reason only. You all are facing it right now. It's called Fear. They want all of you to be SCARED....They got you all right where they want you. In fact they pretty much run your day to lives on and off the job. I know quite a few of you XPO guys. A good bunch of guys you are. Although we are giving concessions at New Penn. I wouldn't trade this job for yours no how. They can't change anything unless we vote on it. So stop wasting your breath on whether the Teamsters are good or not good and focus on how to make your jobs better and have cheaper insurance and something to retire with. Like a good pension or some sort of 401k that's worth something....Or just stay scared

Look Dogs I know all 3 of the drivers that were fired in Trenton. They are being represented by the Union. Unfair Labor Practice charges have been filed against the company. The Company fired these guys for one reason only. You all are facing it right now. It's called Fear. They want all of you to be SCARED....They got you all right where they want you. In fact they pretty much run your day to lives on and off the job. I know quite a few of you XPO guys. A good bunch of guys you are. Although we are giving concessions at New Penn. I wouldn't trade this job for yours no how. They can't change anything unless we vote on it. So stop wasting your breath on whether the Teamsters are good or not good and focus on how to make your jobs better and have cheaper insurance and something to retire with. Like a good pension or some sort of 401k that's worth something....Or just stay scared
Thanks. There are no good pensions left anywhere. Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.