XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are being dishonest to you. We had our first negotiations on the 20th of April. Our next is scheduled the first week of June.When and if negotiations stop you will know here.

Last edited:
It's funny whe were told in the union bashing meeting this week that there were no negotiations going on and that the terminals they voted for it has not seen any raises also. Anyone care to elaborate
Did you get the letter that everyone at my terminal had to read and sign that they read it? It did not say either of those things. If your TM is running his mouth like that he should be fired.

Did you get the letter that everyone at my terminal had to read and sign that they read it? It did not say either of those things. If your TM is running his mouth like that he should
Did you get the letter that everyone at my terminal had to read and sign that they read it? It did not say either of those things. If your TM is running his mouth like that he should be fired.
I would like to know the name of who's say that.

It's understandable that they don't want to talk about it but to lie and say it's not going on is not right. There's always the possibility he is misinformed.

It's funny whe were told in the union bashing meeting this week that there were no negotiations going on and that the terminals they voted for it has not seen any raises also. Anyone care to elaborate
Who's conducting your meeting?

It's understandable that they don't want to talk about it but to lie and say it's not going on is not right. There's always the possibility he is misinformed.
It's hard to understand why anyone in management would say something like that and give people ammunition to say "see their lying". It is quite possible he never heard any of that and just thought he did. Half the guys in our meetings don't listen and when something is said they want to know about they get a half assed understanding of what was said

It's hard to understand why anyone in management would say something like that and give people ammunition to say "see their lying". It is quite possible he never heard any of that and just thought he did. Half the guys in our meetings don't listen and when something is said they want to know about they get a half assed understanding of what was said
I agree

It's hard to understand why anyone in management would say something like that and give people ammunition to say "see their lying". It is quite possible he never heard any of that and just thought he did.

There's a great line about not attributing to malice that which is explained by stupidity/ignorance. That's why they aren't supposed to editorialize- just read the news and that's it. But not all of them do. It's not just union updates, I've seen policy updates, company information, and regulatory questions all get hacked up in meetings where the information was written down. I don't believe it's intentional- human beings make human mistakes. I don't think they're lying- I think they misunderstood and they're not used to watching every word. They're freight managers, not politicians.

Half the guys in our meetings don't listen and when something is said they want to know about they get a half assed understanding of what was said

We had a meeting a few months ago, quarterly update or something like that, and not 30 minutes after the meeting there was a heated discussion between two people and BOTH of them had completely misunderstood what was said and were arguing points that were never made. Now imagine those guys and Wltdo's manager together, and I think you get a pretty good idea of why it's so hard to keep people happy around here.

They never showed us the letter and we did not sign nothing. I'm not even sure what it was. Cool have been anything. I did go back and ask several people that were there and they called it like I did. I would like to here both sides only because I've had it pumped up my arse before.i just don't believe everything this company says.

They never showed us the letter and we did not sign nothing. I'm not even sure what it was. Cool have been anything. I did go back and ask several people that were there and they called it like I did. I would like to here both sides only because I've had it pumped up my arse before.i just don't believe everything this company says.
My guess is the reader was embellishing the memo. I will do my best to keep you updated here and no add any highperboly.

Last edited:
My guess is the reader was embellishing the memo. I will do my best to keep you updated here and no add any highperboly.

You still seem very optimistic. And obviously it's still fresh. But have you had any discussion as to why the other barns haven't gotten a contract yet ? And do you feel that you will have a contract even though it has been so long and they do not ?

Yes ,I do remain optimistic and we are fully aware of the stall tactics. I have very good info that leads me to believe we will make progress. First contracts take time to negotiate out as compared to renewal. Also be aware the negotiations do not take place until all objections to the vote have been dismissed and a date is agreed upon by both side . In Auroras case the company only just ran out of appeals last month. Until that point no negotiations happen until a date is set. I think we will see thing progress quicker for all in the near future. Please respect the vagueness of my response until we agree for both party's involved as to not jeopardize negotiations.

Last edited:
Yes ,I do remain optimistic and we are fully aware of the stall tactics. I have very good info that leads me to believe we will make progress. First contracts take time to negotiate out as compared to renewal. Also be aware the negotiations do not take place until all objections to the vote have been dismissed and a date is agreed upon by both side . In Auroras case the company only just ran out of appeals last month. Until that point no negotiations happen until a date is set. I think we will see thing progress quicker for all in the near future. Please respect the vagueness of my response until we agree for both party's involved as to not jeopardize negotiations.

This is a perfect response. Not asking for or expecting any direct specifics. It's why I worded my post the way I did. Looking for your feelings on the subject. As far as being aware of previous events and how they may or may not influence you or the company moving forward. Which you did answer completely. Thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.