XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to hire into ABF now. The senior guys keep negotiating and voting themselves benefits at the expense of the new hires. And you new hires will never see the senior tier wages.
What is senior tier wages at ABF? Last time I checked you top out $24+ within a year 5 personal day starting Jan 1st you just lose vacation 1st 2 years.

What about Trenton?
Well what I heard, not sure if its true. That two LH driver in Trenton were fired for marking the hazmat route on there sheets when they had no hazmat. I heard that route adds 60 miles one way to there trip. That's what's going around someone correct me if I wrong

Well what I heard, not sure if its true. That two LH driver in Trenton were fired for marking the hazmat route on there sheets when they had no hazmat. I heard that route adds 60 miles one way to there trip. That's what's going around someone correct me if I wrong
Dumbass, if you're gonna steal something make it worth your while, losing a job for $30 bucks is stupid.

I urge everyone to ask their tm what happened with the 3 drivers at Trenton. Then do your own research and let us know here what they find. Let see how truthful the answers are. I have all the facts and will post them here but only when we here the stories you get. I think it's very important we get both sides to this out to everyone before we jump to a side.
I'm not trying to be coy I just want to here what the company line is before I devoulge what I know.

Last edited:
I urge everyone to ask their tm what happened with the 3 drivers at Trenton. Then do your own research and let us know here what they find. Let see how truthful the answers are. I have all the facts and will post them here but only when we here the stories you get.

What I heard was similar to what's been posted, two drivers claiming the haz-mat route, but not actually needing or using it.

A couple of senior drivers said they've been doing it for years.

I also understand they were pretty big union supporters, I wonder why?

They were running the hazmat route with no hazmat on board, apparently to avoid congestion somewhere along the regular route. The third was a false log. What I have heard. I know one of them well.

They were running the hazmat route with no hazmat on board, apparently to avoid congestion somewhere along the regular route. The third was a false log. What I have heard. I know one of them well.
What I heard was similar to what's been posted, two drivers claiming the haz-mat route, but not actually needing or using it.

A couple of senior drivers said they've been doing it for years.

I also understand they were pretty big union supporters, I wonder why?
I urge everyone to ask their tm what happened with the 3 drivers at Trenton. Then do your own research and let us know here what they find. Let see how truthful the answers are. I have all the facts and will post them here but only when we here the stories you get. I think it's very important we get both sides to this out to everyone before we jump to a side.
I'm not trying to be coy I just want to here what the company line is before I devoulge what I know.
They are doing this all over the system. I know of 8 drivers at different terminals all over the south that have been fired recently for either falsifying logs or charging for extra miles when unnecessary. Some very senior some not. I don't think it's just about the union movement either. Most of the guys I know that were fired had issues with management or what some might consider troublemakers. In short they didn't play well with others. Moral of the story, if you're drawing alot of attention to yourself you better keep your nose clean. They will find a reason to get rid of you. I'm not taking sides in this, I know a couple of these guys personally and got along fine with them but their fellow drivers at their own terminals had different opinions.

They are doing this all over the system. I know of 8 drivers at different terminals all over the south that have been fired recently for either falsifying logs or charging for extra miles when unnecessary. Some very senior some not. I don't think it's just about the union movement either. Most of the guys I know that were fired had issues with management or what some might consider troublemakers. In short they didn't play well with others. Moral of the story, if you're drawing alot of attention to yourself you better keep your nose clean. They will find a reason to get rid of you. I'm not taking sides in this, I know a couple of these guys personally and got along fine with them but their fellow drivers at their own terminals had different opinions.
OK so I ask the drive that told me about this. He said a XPH driver told him that the 2 that got fired asked there TM if they could use the hazmat route vs then normal route due to heavy morning traffic. I was told that the TM said yes. The problem is that they were marking hazmat route on their pay sheets and getting the extra miles which simply put is stealing. Now I do believe if they they only marked the hazmat route on their pay sheets when they had hazmat onboard they would still be employed.
I sure when the elogs are fully up a running we will hear of drivers being talk to about excessive long stops on the way to and from the FAC. You know the sleepers that show up at 0300 so they don't have to work the dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.