XPO | XTJ ratifies a contract

Congratulations to all at XPO who voted in the Teamsters... Union membership isn't perfect but in my humble opinion it is the best way....I have worked three union jobs in two different industries, they were the best jobs in my working career.....I don't believe this is a coincidence......some on here will make light of this and say you didn't get enough, the very same people (who are 100% entitled to their opinion) who wouldn't join you to better themselves... Good Luck on your new way of having a voice in your work life!

Congratulations to all at XPO who voted in the Teamsters... Union membership isn't perfect but in my humble opinion it is the best way....I have worked three union jobs in two different industries, they were the best jobs in my working career.....I don't believe this is a coincidence......some on here will make light of this and say you didn't get enough, the very same people (who are 100% entitled to their opinion) who wouldn't join you to better themselves... Good Luck on your new way of having a voice in your work life!
I am hoping they got a much better insurance package then what XPO offers . Maybe it’s the same but in the next contract negotiations in 2 years the ins will be improved on .

I've worked non-union myself in the past and am much happier working with the teamsters in my corner. Who wouldn't want a job with Excellent benefits,senority rights,over time after 8 hours on the clock,pension and most importantly being able to grive their job when fired. My union dues cost me around $80.00 bucks a month and it's money well spent.

Three different jobs with union companies. What caused you to leave them?

Three different jobs with union companies. What caused you to leave them?
The first was a union IBEW job as an equipment mechanic in a factory....I was there 14 years, they closed. I got my CDL. I drove OTR for about five years....hated it. During that time you couldn't get an LTL job without at least five years of driving experience. I went to Roadway, got laid off, spent nearly 2 years at Con-Way Freight, got called back to YRC. After being back at YRC for awhile ABF called. I had applied at ABF when I was laid off from Roadway. That was a no brainer to go there since they pay more into the pension....I was happy at all three union jobs but as you can see I had good reason to leave the other two. Still at ABF and hope to retire from there.

The first was a union IBEW job as an equipment mechanic in a factory....I was there 14 years, they closed. I got my CDL. I drove OTR for about five years....hated it. During that time you couldn't get an LTL job without at least five years of driving experience. I went to Roadway, got laid off, spent nearly 2 years at Con-Way Freight, got called back to YRC. After being back at YRC for awhile ABF called. I had applied at ABF when I was laid off from Roadway. That was a no brainer to go there since they pay more into the pension....I was happy at all three union jobs but as you can see I had good reason to leave the other two. Still at ABF and hope to retire from there.
I don't think that was the answer he was looking for.